logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Couple Regionals Squad ideas.....
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:38 am 
Guardian of the Old Republic
Guardian of the Old Republic

Well I am still not decided on what to play at regionals, YoBuck is big in our local meta but only two people here run it consistently so I am worried about that but not that much since the field of players should break 30 (Got like 25 for midnight release or whatever so I expect higher attendance from across the whole Northwest) so overall I don't have a particular squad I wanted to plan to play against.

Here is the Rebel idea:

Boba BH 62
Luke HPU 28
2xBothan Noble 34
Dodonna 9
Juno 8
2xMouse 6
Ugo 3

Map:

I was considering Rancor Pit or the RotS hard map.

Doesn't look like much but one playtest and it beat YoBuck in a timed game and overall it is very versatile. Lack of Door Control could hurt big time, I was considering dropping Dodonna for R2 with Extended Sensor but to make Boba Cannon work you need to position really well.

The other version:

Drop Bothan

Add T3-M4

So that gives me disruptive, override, force Push, AND double Flamethrower so direct damage will help vs GOWK.

The other idea was Vong, and I have two ideas there as well:

Super Stealth Version:

Nom 34
Yomin Carr 19
Advance Agent Officer 11
3xJH 60
Wicket 8
Adv Scout 6
2xMice 6
2xUgos 6

Map:

Still haven't decided. I like Destroyed Base and Death Star.

It is 2-0 in playtests but neither of those was GOWK or heavy shooter squads (Dash/Vader Unl and Boba Merc/Serenno) so I am not quite confident with those results.

Second version:

4xJH 80
Yomin Carr 19
Weequay Leader 13
Wicket 8
Lobot 27
Mouse 3

Reinforcements:

Anything from a BG to Ugos/Mice for Blockers. Maybe even Lando DS vs low activation squads.

I know the standard version is the shaper and I respect that I just don't like having to put that fragile of a piece out in the middle of combat where it can get Towed up to and killed or Swapped against and killed. The Weequay is a little less dependable (Vong often have to move to get their damage in) but I like the concept of keeping him back a little because he and Yomin can actually fight and the Weequay has Cleave to help take out Fodder or R2 in the right situation.

Anywho enough bloviating....thoughts?