57 General Grievous, Droid Army Commander
51 IG-86 Assassin Droid x3
10 San Hill
9 Battle Droid Officer
6 Rocket Battle Droid
8 Battle Droid x2
9 Ugnaught Demolitionist x3
(150pts. 12 activations)

This is just a BRUTAL squad. The three IG's have 22 defense and a base attack of +17. Combine that with San Hill and the Opportunist along with Grevious and you have those three droids twin attacking at a +21 for 30 damage a pop. Ion Gun is no worry as the IG's have a 26 Defense in cover and Jedi are not too difficult as even if they can cut through the droids, Grevious should be able to clean up with his Triple Attack and Jedi Hunter. (Not to mention his ranged ability)

Whadd'ya think? IMHO this is easily Top Tier.

“Those with no tactical ability at all may never understand or accept it. Nor will such people understand or accept the tactician. To those without that ability, those who posses it are a mystery.” - Mitth’raw’nuruodo

Post subject: Re: Prototype Assassins
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:11 am 
Customizer Extrodinaire
Customizer Extrodinaire

I agree, this is a top tier, devastating squad. One of its major weaknesses is Gungan SB/X1-Viper. Shooting yourself with those nasty 30 damage shots can become very annoying very fast. Why did you include a rocket BD instead of going for more activations (2 ugs)?

"Genius is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration."
-Thomas Edison

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:32 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Roque Saber wrote:
I agree, this is a top tier, devastating squad. One of its major weaknesses is Gungan SB/X1-Viper. Shooting yourself with those nasty 30 damage shots can become very annoying very fast. Why did you include a rocket BD instead of going for more activations (2 ugs)?

First off, I don't worry too much about the shielding characters. Literally pretend the IG's have melee and they are still brutal.

I chose the RBD because it is a flying, +10, twin attacking droid. Great scrub killer. :D

“Those with no tactical ability at all may never understand or accept it. Nor will such people understand or accept the tactician. To those without that ability, those who posses it are a mystery.” - Mitth’raw’nuruodo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:41 am 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

I think you are underestimating the sheild bearer a little bit. I gurentee if your opponent has the sheild bearer, that he will do his best to NOT let you get adjacent.

Also, I can forsee Loda being a problem as well. It's not an efficient counter, but it can be annoying. Also, most rebel squads pack disruptive, so you have to worry about that as well.

In general, yes. This squad is beastly, and I really want to play this squad.

http://www.swshoebox.com/userSquad.cfm?user=sirstevee

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:07 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

SirStevee wrote:
I think you are underestimating the sheild bearer a little bit. I gurentee if your opponent has the sheild bearer, that he will do his best to NOT let you get adjacent.

Also, I can forsee Loda being a problem as well. It's not an efficient counter, but it can be annoying. Also, most rebel squads pack disruptive, so you have to worry about that as well.

In general, yes. This squad is beastly, and I really want to play this squad.

First off, I know of no Republic squad that will out-activate this. One shield bearer should not be a problem because any IG that can get into base could easily handle it. (And if they do their best to stay away, good for them. I will meanwhile be controlling gambit and raking in some points)

Loda? I really doubt it. Again, I will most likely move last and this means I can get off a Max of 7 ranged attacks on Loda that each would do 30 damage. That is a LOT of FP's.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:56 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Well with Loda though, against a good player, You would lose one IG-86. Because you do not disrupt Leia's CE, so he does enough damage to cut one down. I probably bring Juno Eclipse or R2-P0 up close to the action at that point also, cutting the attacks in half

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:29 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

In the last Vassal Tournament (150), I played verses Ray (dvader) while he was using a Loda/Leia/R2P0 squad and I was using my Opportunistic Droids squad (Flea is such a copy cat!! :P).

Playing on Bespin did hurt me, but on many melee-friendly maps like that there are just too many narrow path ways a player can block with fodder... Ray was aggressive with his Loda, but the sheer amount of reliable damage output was too much for many squads to handle (While in cover, I needed 3's on Loda, or 2's on every other piece in his squad)

I'd say this squad is more than equipped to deal with many top squads... And even if Loda does manage to kill my IG-86 droids, I've still got a triple attacking Jedi Hunter who is more than a match for Loda one on one! :D

<Joruus> - (its VASSAL, so you'll crit or roll a 1)
*** 1d20B = 1 *** <Yodarulz>

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:52 am 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

thejumpingflea wrote:
--Prototype Assassins--
57 General Grievous, Droid Army Commander
51 IG-86 Assassin Droid x3
10 San Hill
9 Battle Droid Officer
6 Rocket Battle Droid
8 Battle Droid x2
9 Ugnaught Demolitionist x3
(150pts. 12 activations)

This is just a BRUTAL squad. The three IG's have 22 defense and a base attack of +17. Combine that with San Hill and the Opportunist along with Grevious and you have those three droids twin attacking at a +21 for 30 damage a pop. Ion Gun is no worry as the IG's have a 26 Defense in cover and Jedi are not too difficult as even if they can cut through the droids, Grevious should be able to clean up with his Triple Attack and Jedi Hunter. (Not to mention his ranged ability)

Whadd'ya think? IMHO this is easily Top Tier.

Lobo ran a similar squad except he dropped 1 86 droid, the rocket droid and a uggo and added a chameleon droid. with that you had to worry about invisibility and mines. He won the night and went 4-0 but I could of beating him if I did not make a mistake with the new munnilist plaza and had 120 damage dropped on Yobuck. I was able to take out the 2 assasian droids but only able to put 20 on greoivous and no damage to the chameleon droid.

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together.