logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Re: Speedy Cannon now the PAX champion!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:54 am 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully

LoboStele wrote:
But I swear, early on, I saw the potential for this squad, and I really liked the concept, since it played similar to San Hill in some respects. So I was immediately drawn to it earlier this year.

Your results were common. After running this 3 times I think, we dropped Dodonna for the Bg and never went back. It shouldn't be played like a San Hill squad, it needs to hit hard, and hit often and utilize its range and mobile attackers. You aren't going to outactivate another Dodonna squad with this, so no point in trying. The BG offered much more versatility overall in almost all matchups, even against other Dodonna/San Hill squads.

It was kinda funny how that happened as well. I had made a version of it that used a twilick at first (no HBG) and when Matt and I got around to starting some playtesting with Johnny, he used Flea's variant. We ran it on Hoth, partially to help us learn the map, and it was really apparent that even with Dodonna in the squad, Han and Leia are way to fragile to run around without a BG in most games. And of course it was an easy sub to drop Dodonna and change a Caamasi to an ugo for the Human BG, which really upped the survivability in the age of common 30 dmg shots.

Try it with the BG, its more than just a Boba BH issue, it really makes the squad a lot better and more flexible overall.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29