--The Ossus Project--
38 Kol Skywalker
52 Yuuzhan Vong Ossus Guardian x2
25 Leia Skywalker, Jedi Knight
23 General Wedge Antilles
9 General Dodonna
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist
(150pts. 7 activations)

First off, I know, lots of commanders. Other than Dodonna, I don't consider Wedge and Leia useless offensively. With GOWK, Rex and Dash dominating the meta, thankfully neither shooter has Accurate shot making it possible to keep Leia out of harms way if played carefully.

Suffers from lack of Kyle's Disruptive, which would be helpful in dealing with Dash or JWM's. Rex and GOWK don't get the nice bonuses obviously. Kol is nice melee interferrence with a 25 Def vs Force users and can put down 60 on his turn as well. Or move 8 and do 30. Also, mobile Push 2 is decent.

Thoughts?

Post subject: Re: The Ossus Project
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:14 pm 
Guardian of the Old Republic
Guardian of the Old Republic

Very cool. I really do wish it had more activations but it isn't the end of the world for it not to since it has rerollable Evade and VCA 6.

I am sure a Dash/Jagged version will show up instead of Kol occasionally, as well possibly a triple Ossus/random cheap shooter version as well.

I like that one. Just wish it had 1 more activation. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:41 am 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

joelker41 wrote:
Very cool. I really do wish it had more activations but it isn't the end of the world for it not to since it has rerollable Evade and VCA 6.

I am sure a Dash/Jagged version will show up instead of Kol occasionally, as well possibly a triple Ossus/random cheap shooter version as well.

I like that one. Just wish it had 1 more activation. ;)

The number of activations is not the problem. With Dodonna squads, it's more important to have wasted activations, via Dodonna and Ugnaughts. This squad is fine on activations, 7 is the lowest I go on a NR Dodonna squad. It's the fact that there are only three wasted activations that worries me. You need at least four, but preferably five or six. Anything below that and you're activating one of your damagers before you want to.

Another worry is your single Ungnaught. It's workable, and one of my best squads only has one. Just make sure that you keep him out of LOS, and when he blows a door, take advantage of Mobile. It's always funny seeing the pig run up, blow the door, then run away, too. It helps that the Uggie has Evade, too. But be hardcore protective of him.

Otherwise, You've got three good threats and one decent threat. I'm happy with the Offense.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:39 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

I like these types of squads a lot, but IMO, I think that the Dash versions are better. They give you more damage, more activations, and a pretty good shooter.