logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Cade's Crew
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:01 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Admiral Ace and I came up with this one in response to IE and an upcoming 100pt tourney.

Cade Skywalker 61
Twi'lek Black Sun Vigo 18
General Rieeken 14
2x Ugs 6

99pts

Basically you get a Quad-attacking Cade with GMA & Evade. You should be able to stay out of LOS, but if they do actually hit, you can heal 40...twice.

I wasn't sure if I should use a mouse droid instead of a second Ug, but decided without any override, it would be better with 2 Ugs. So, just keep that TBSV near Cade.

Post subject: Re: Cade's Crew
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:02 pm 
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle

I was actually thinking of something similar to this squad, just with a Gran and a Mouse Droid. The Uggies are important, but for my local scene I don't see much door control used in 100. The Gran is great to make sure Cade has cover if going against someone without Accurate. Both the TBSV and Cade don't have to be right next to each other with the help of the MD. I can see why using an Ugg would be good if you regularly go up against Door Control problems in 100...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:30 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

I am thinking of running something very similar to this tonight. I think I think I am going to sub one ugy for a mouse droid though. I think it will allow for more movement and you want have to keep the group together quite as much.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:12 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Eh, it certainly has some potential, but the only real improvement I see for something like this over other 100 Pt Cade builds is that he now has Evade. Personally, I think the Cade/Padme/R2Asromech is still better. Don't need Greater Mobile to put Cade into position, and you get an extra 40 damage out of Cade, not to mention Padme's fairly decent attack/damage herself. Again, that loses Cade's Evade, but against a lot of 100 point squads, it will all come down to one init anyways, and if your opponent is smart enough, they've waited until that 1 init to base you and take away your Evade anyways.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:28 am 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

LoboStele wrote:
Eh, it certainly has some potential, but the only real improvement I see for something like this over other 100 Pt Cade builds is that he now has Evade.

While I do appreciate the Republic version for its range (it's better against stealth and evade) and slightly better damage output, I feel the advantage Terps' squad has over it is in fact the greater mobile rather than the evade. In this build, you are almost never exposed. For the Republic version to get off their max damage of 140 in a round (Cade 4 shots at 20, Padme 2 for 10, Cade 2 for 20), you have to leave Cade and maybe R2 completely exposed, and keep Padme close. You better make sure that you kill what you wanted to or Cade (or arguably even worse, R2) will get peppered. In the Rebel build, you have two mobile characters who can hit for 110 damage (Cade 4 for 20, Twi'lek 1 for 30) who then dissapear around the corner. Even if you have to expose them, you have evade on both for backup. And even then, an emergency heal or two late in the game if needed. All you have to do is pick off a few small pieces, and force the opponent to come at you, as they have no LOS for shooters and couldn't take away the evade even if they did (though admittedly, the Republic could do something similar with a shoot, tow away, and override shut type scenario).

I'm not arguing at all that one squad is necessarily better than the other, just that they have different advantages. Obviously, the Rebel version has a weakness against stealth and evade, which the Republic version can better deal with. But against shooter squads the Rebel version is superior, sacrificing range and damage output for a defensive strategy that I'd imagine would be very difficult to handle from afar. In the end I see the difference as being more of an argument between slightly better offense and slightly better defense. Certainly one of those circumstances where your local meta defines which squad you would find the most success with.

Thanks for posting Chris!