logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: The Hall of Fame and WOTC
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:40 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I'm curious about the SWMGamers Hall of Fame. Is this actually a WOTC recognized designation? Or is this strictly an SWMGamers accolade?

The reason I ask is that there are folks on the WOTC forums that seem to have what I'm assuming are custom tag lines to their user posts (i.e. under their avatar) that denote them as SWMGamer Hall of Fame inductee's. I assumed that only a WOTC moderator had the ability to make such notations (either that or I'm just to daft to actually find it under my edit profile functions). So I assumed if WOTC moderators (or some WOTC official with rights higher than a standard user) were making such changes that it was a WOTC supported designation/accolade. But I can't really seem to find anything official on the WOTC forums, outside of user posts that is.

Post subject: Re: The Hall of Fame and WOTC
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:48 pm 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully

darth_variable wrote:
I'm curious about the SWMGamers Hall of Fame. Is this actually a WOTC recognized designation? Or is this strictly an SWMGamers accolade?

The reason I ask is that there are folks on the WOTC forums that seem to have what I'm assuming are custom tag lines to their user posts (i.e. under their avatar) that denote them as SWMGamer Hall of Fame inductee's. I assumed that only a WOTC moderator had the ability to make such notations (either that or I'm just to daft to actually find it under my edit profile functions). So I assumed if WOTC moderators (or some WOTC official with rights higher than a standard user) were making such changes that it was a WOTC supported designation/accolade. But I can't really seem to find anything official on the WOTC forums, outside of user posts that is.

You are correct, WotC gives the avatars. We do not created them, or have any power to do so. Therefore, to answer your other question, at least to a degree, WotC has given its support to the HoF.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

Post subject: Re: The Hall of Fame and WOTC
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:48 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Ok cool...thanks for the reply.

That really lends a pretty high degree of credibility not only to the HoF but to SWMGamers in general and that's really pretty cool.