logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Aing-Ti Flow walking
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:16 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I was told you don't get a Force point during the extra turn created by this power.

I don't understand this ruling. How is it different than dominate?

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Aing-Ti Flow walking
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:21 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

I'm not sure how it's different either.

Maybe it's because Dominate gives the character an actual turn, whereas ATFW gives an immediate turn. Somewhat analogous to how you can combine fire on a regular attack, but not on an immediate attack (ie, from Leia). That's the only reason that would make sense to me.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:28 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

From the FAQ:

Quote:
Q: The glossary definitions of Pawn of the Dark Side and Dominate say that the immediate turn does "not count as an activation for the chosen character." What exactly does this mean?

A: A character can take the immediate turn granted by Pawn of the Dark Side and Dominate even if it has already activated earlier in the round. In addition, if the chosen character has not yet activated in the round, the immediate turn does not prevent it from activating normally later in the round. The immediate turn does not count against the normal limit of 2 activations per phase. Also, because this does not count as an activation, the chosen character does not benefit from any special abilities or Force powers (such as Force Renewal) that trigger on activation. Similarly, taking the immediate turn does not protect the chosen character from abilities such as Cunning Attack and Advantageous Attack, which work against characters who have not yet activated in the round. However, the immediate turn is still a turn, and the character can take advantage of things that happen at the end of its turn (such as Door Gimmick and certain commander effects) or abilities that apply on its turn (such as Regeneration).

It isn't different than Dominate; it's the same. You don't get a Force Point from Dominate, either.

"You can't per aspera ad astra unless there's some aspera in front of your astra. And that means sometimes the aspera gets you." - Donald X. Vaccarino

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:36 pm 
Major Tierce
Major Tierce

from dominate's FAQ

Q: If a character is successfully dominated, can it take a turn later in the round? Or does Dominate make you unable to activate that character again during the same round?
A: The immediate turn granted by Dominate does not count as an activation, so it has no effect on that character's normal turn that round. The target character may be activated normally before or after the immediate turn granted by Dominate.
Q: If a character with Force Renewal (such as Yoda) is successfully dominated, does he get a Force point in that immediate turn?
A: No. See the Rounds, Phases, and Turns section of this article for more details.

Aing-Ti is the exact same as dominate or any of the other grant extra turn abilities we have out there.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:18 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Thanks

So basically you can only ever "activate" once per round no matter what.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:21 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Okay, that makes complete sense now. I had just misunderstood Dominate in the past. Thanks guys.