logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Sion and Sidious
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:12 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Sion and Sidious have an interesting synergy that I would really like to exploit, but don't quite know how to make a competitive squad feasible with them. I have been interested with Sion ever since KOTOR expansion and the addition of Sidious opened up a new possibility of a squad, since now Sion will have renewal along with eternal hatred. The problem............Cost! :(

Having Sion for 69 points is a bit high for a 110 hp character, who can only do at max 60 dmg. Another problem I've been facing when trying my absolute hardest to make a squad with him, is how to take advantage further of Sidious's Cmdr Effect. Basically up until now, you have 80 pts already spent on 2 characters. For a 150 pt squad, you are now kinda facing a dilema of how to get more good activations and keep the squad powerful, while using the cmdr effect of Sidious.

*venting frustration* <head to desk>

Could someone help me with this problem of making a squad with these 2? My head is starting to hurt!

Aliit ori'shya tal'din ("Family is more than Blood")
To learn Mandalorian, go to http://www.karentraviss.com/html/mando.htm.

Post subject: Re: Sion and Sidious
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:29 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I have yet to see a combination that works truly well. As you pointed out, it's a lot of chance put on a 69 point piece, who will die relatively easy in most scenarios.

I find that the best piece to pair with him seems to be Malak DLOTS for the extra +4 attack. Of course, this leaves you with only 21 points at the 150 point level, hardly enough to end up with a decent number of activations. I honestly haven't found a semi-competitive use for Sion/Sidious outside of 200 point or higher games. In my experience, you just can't depend on him to be your single major piece. Besides, there's always a 25% chance you'll fail the Eternal Hatred save on the very first time (seen it happen). Then you've just wasted probably 80 points of your squad. Ouch.