logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Ganner's Glue Gun - For Tourney
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:35 pm 
Customizer Extrodinaire
Customizer Extrodinaire

EDITED! Thanks for the comments everyone, keep 'em coming! ;)

--Ganner's Glue Gun--
45 Mara Jade, Jedi
35 Zuckuss, Bounty Hunter
29 Ganner Rhysode
28 Dash Rendar, Renegade Smuggler
27 Lobot
10 Jagged Fel
10 Luke Skywalker, Force Spirit
9 General Dodonna
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

Preferred Reinforcements:
(Lobot) 14 Felucian x2
(Lobot) 6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

(199pts. 14 activations)

Hey everyone! Been a while since I posted a squad on Gamers, but I could use all the help I can get at this point (no one seems to comment on BM).

I'm hoping to run this on Saturday, so any help or advice would really be appreciated. Thanks!

"Genius is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration."
-Thomas Edison

Last edited by Roque Saber on Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Ganner's Glue Gun - For Tourney
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:46 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

My suggestion would be to drop Yoda for the cheaper Luke. If you're haunting Zuckuss, the initiative control via Anticipation will help you get Mara where she needs to be for the 120 dmg kill, she shouldn't need excess blocks so 4 fp should be enough for her.

That would leave you with 11 points to play with. If you swapped Lobot for Clobot, and dropped a camaasi you can bring in Dash.

At that point, I really don't see where you need Wedge, both Mara and Ganner have stealth so that should be fine against most builds. Between intuition, only having a single shot, and levitation you should be able to keep Zuckuss safe too. So that would be another way to get Dash and keep Lobot if you preferred, and you would have 3 left over for another mouse.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:56 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Yeah, I would agree with using Luke instead of Yoda and dropping Wedge, unless your local meta sees a LOT of Accurate Shooters. With Cad/Rex/Dash being the most common shooters in the current meta, Stealth is a lot stronger. And with Zuckuss' Intuition, he doesn't need Mobile/Evade. Then you can have Ganner just lob Mara out, and then she shoots, and moves back into hiding. So, don't really need Wedge.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:06 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

The only thing i dont like about it is that it is pretty much a one threat squad. Sure Zuck can do his thing, but he isnt a killer threat. If you lose init and your Mara gets stuck, you have very little damage output from the rest of the squad. I would definitely drop yoda for Luke if for no other reason that to get some ugs in there. Lobot is way too fragile to be your only source of door control. Otherwise, your reinforcements need to be 2-3 ugs. If you have no other threat then i would do a human bg and 3 ugs most of the time.

It is probably just me, but i dont think i am a big fan of Zuckuss in Ganner squads just because you need more than one offensive threat, whether it be Kyp, another jedi/BH whatever.

Check us out over at Pojo.com

"It appears the Bothans have rooked us again."
-Obi wan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:38 pm 
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle

I'd take out Wedge and a Mouse for the Ossus Guardian. As others mentioned you don't exactly need Mobile/Evade with 2 Stealthy Pieces with 1 Levitation and then 1 Intuition. I am pretty biased with the Ossus Guardian, he's pretty great at tangling up a Jedi. They're a bugger to kill and your opponent won't want to take an AoO from them. That leaves you to be able to advance up Mara and Ganner while Zuckuss sticks the other big threat.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:39 pm 
Customizer Extrodinaire
Customizer Extrodinaire

So taking out Wedge (and Yoda) seems to be a common consensus. However, I've been advised to add the Ossus Guardian or Dash. Which do you guys think? My map of choice is either Ravaged Base or Bespin (lots of melee room).

Thanks for the comments so far!

-Thomas Edison

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:09 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Personally, I'd go with Dash. Mara is more than enough up-close power so I'd take some more range backup, and Dash's Oppurtunist goes well with Stuckuss (now that you can't move, you must activate eventually...).

Of course, the YVOG makes a good GOWK-killer, and at the moment Ganner is really your only true Melee piece, so you are a little vulnerable to the good General.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:22 pm 
Customizer Extrodinaire
Customizer Extrodinaire

Draconarius wrote:
Personally, I'd go with Dash. Mara is more than enough up-close power so I'd take some more range backup, and Dash's Oppurtunist goes well with Stuckuss (now that you can't move, you must activate eventually...).

Of course, the YVOG makes a good GOWK-killer, and at the moment Ganner is really your only true Melee piece, so you are a little vulnerable to the good General.

Well, I've never seen GOWK @ my LGS, so little worry there. The only problem is that I don't have Dash. Are there any good replacements for him?

-Thomas Edison

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:37 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

do you have Dengar HK? he is a pretty good attacker with ganner.Good clean up attacker after mara and Zuckuss go. Even new IG isnt that bad with Ganner.
I think you can get the points to work what about new zuckuss,Dengar HK,Mara,Kyp,Ganner,Luke FS,Dod,uggiex5. yes there is no override.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:41 pm 

You mostly use Dash for the GMA Double-Twin Opportunist, no one really can replace him in New Republic (closest would be Echani Handmaiden with Jabba CL for GMA Double-Twin Cunning).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:09 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Sorry chris I think you have been playing the GMA twin game way too long. Dengar is great for a back up shooter with Ganner and Zuckuss. If he doesnt have Dash I believe kyp and Dengar HK can play both rolls.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:10 pm 
Customizer Extrodinaire
Customizer Extrodinaire

Ya, that's what I was afraid of. I thought of Dengar, Levitation could really help to pull off Final Shot. I'll just see if I can trade for Dash real fast...here's an updated version of the squad (also edited first post with it).

--Ganner's Glue Gun--
45 Mara Jade, Jedi
35 Zuckuss, Bounty Hunter
29 Ganner Rhysode
28 Dash Rendar, Renegade Smuggler
27 Lobot
10 Jagged Fel
10 Luke Skywalker, Force Spirit
9 General Dodonna
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

Preferred Reinforcements:
(Lobot) 14 Felucian x2
(Lobot) 6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

(199pts. 14 activations)

Any better?

-Thomas Edison

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:30 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

the problem is that either of those characters only have one shot and no defense(except zuck has intuition). You need more sources of damage output. With the over abundance of evade in the game, one shot isnt going to cut it. That is the reason Dash/rex/cad are so popular. They can throw out enough shots to get soemthing through the evade wall. This is one reason i love Bossk TH so much. The levitate helps him get rend, he has some other tricks and is cheap.

-Obi wan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:57 pm 
Customizer Extrodinaire
Customizer Extrodinaire

Two quad attackers isn't enough? Both Mara and Dash should be able to cut through Evade/Parry at least half of the time. There's no hope for Zuck, but Accurate will let you target easier to stick characters.

-Thomas Edison

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:00 pm 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully

If you are being beat by evade with Mara and Ganner, then you aren't playing them right :), especially if you also have zuckuss in there. Evade is 50/50, and everyone runs out of force eventually. Further, you can always base. I think Zuckuss and Dengar would provide enough cover for Mara and Ganner to work well enough. Also, it's not that Dash is a bad mini or anything, but I think people much too often crutch on him. 38pts is a lot to pay for a situational 80dmg potencial - granted it works well in concert with Mara's cunning. I just don't think it's the automatic include that many people seem to think it needs to be.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:56 pm 

billiv15 wrote:
Also, it's not that Dash is a bad mini or anything, but I think people much too often crutch on him. 38pts is a lot to pay for a situational 80dmg potencial - granted it works well in concert with Mara's cunning. I just don't think it's the automatic include that many people seem to think it needs to be.

I wouldn't consider him a 38 point mini unless you keep Jag in the back with Dodonna. I, myself, just Jag to take down Ugs and such. So it's not like you're paying the 10 points only to help Dash and ignoring Jag's potential. I do agree that people use him as a crutch, same with Rex. Like you said, I think Dash works best in squads with Mara so you've got a great Cunning and Opportunist piece that work hand in hand.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:26 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

sorry chris if i said something wrong to you. He said he didnt have dash so I thought if played right Dengar could be that back up shooter.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:59 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Roque Saber wrote:
Two quad attackers isn't enough? Both Mara and Dash should be able to cut through Evade/Parry at least half of the time. There's no hope for Zuck, but Accurate will let you target easier to stick characters.

I wasnt talking about Dash just Dengar and Zuck. Personally i think Dash is a bit over rated because his attack is so low. If your die is hot, then he is really good, but if it isnt then he is horrid. There is a reason he was Run with GOWK. Gowk boosted his stats. NR cant boost his stats, so id look for better options.

-Obi wan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:20 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Jag? the Def cant be boosted but his attack can? He has a evade.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:27 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I always forget about the pilot boost. :/
I still think he is a bit over rated, but then again the only time my die is hot is when im attack ugs with Jedi. My ug killing an ug? forget about it. :)

-Obi wan