Grandmaser Luke

Tile- Broken Edifice.

I will try to get pictures posted on Monday

Post subject: Re: K-Town Challenge Results
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:38 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

200 Restricted map list 17 People played

First Place - Admiral Graybar - Snow Speeder with Han Smugler and Crew - Throne Room
Second Place -Joruus Cbaoth - New Thrawn, Arica, Ragnos, A vader(not sure which one of the top of my head)
3rd Place - Nate F. Snow Speeder
4th Taylor V - Snow Speeder

I got 7th
Whorm
Durge JH
Maul COTS
Zuckass BH
Kel Dor
Lobot CLO
Ugy
MD x3

The_Celestial_Warrior Place??
Yobuck
Rex
New Plo
Panaka
Mas
Chiss Trooper
R2AM
Rodian Brute x2
Ugy
...seems like I am missing something

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:51 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Dynamic Dou
1st Leshippy Boba MC IG88 Ass.
2nd-Nate Bane lando
3rd The_Celestial_Warrior squad ???

I had to start of by facing off with Loda and Chewy on Bespin - Jon is a newr player and thought I would come out to the landing area to get pushed into the
pit. I sat back and shot at him till he came at me which I shot him some more IG took dame on LS Reflect then died but Chewy goes down along the way
Loda has 20 HP left and won 5 INT in a row and kept stunning Fett. I finally win INT and blast him twice to win. He reflected the first

Next I had to Play Taylor Vickerman who brought Cad and Han we both brought the death Star
The crucial move was Boba getting missles off once. Han made the save. Cad didn't. Cad missed a few evad rolls and goes down.
Han hower makes alot of evade rolls and takes down IG and get boba low on HP. With a crucial INT boba wins

3rd round I face Mike. On the Bar map
Vader take s a bunch of damage but winds up taking down Fett. The move that won the game was IG allowing Bossk to take and AOO so IG could take a shot on Vader
Vader goes down. IG wins INT takes out Bossk

Final Round Death Star
Nate takes the Shuttle Side
I have 120 on Bane really quick befor he takes IG down he is down to only 20 or 30 HP left.
Fett finishes him off then goes to hunt Lando who had already taken 30 Damage. Fett wins

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:52 am 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

I thought I was 3rd in Dynamic Duo with Boba Merc and the Kit Fisto?

In 200 I was 6th, and you were confusing my Reinforcements with my squad:

Yobuck
Plo Koon
Rex
Panaka
Mas
Lobot
R2Am
Ugo
Rodian Raider x2

Intended Preferred Reinforcements: Chiss trooper and Gran
ACTUAL Reinforcements used 3/4 games: R7 x2 and Gran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:13 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Pics of the event can be found here - http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2682015&id=13744963&l=ddffcadd03

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:14 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

The_Celestial_Warrior wrote:
I thought I was 3rd in Dynamic Duo with Boba Merc and the Kit Fisto?

In 200 I was 6th, and you were confusing my Reinforcements with my squad:

Yobuck
Plo Koon
Rex
Panaka
Mas
Lobot
R2Am
Ugo
Rodian Raider x2

Intended Preferred Reinforcements: Chiss trooper and Gran
ACTUAL Reinforcements used 3/4 games: R7 x2 and Gran

My bad, I wa pretty tired when I was typing all the stuff up.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:33 am 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

Here's my write up of the Tile Wars Event on Friday:

I took first with 21 Younglings, Gen. Skywalker, Commander Gree, Queen Amidala, Mas Amedda and Qui zod. Tile: Detention Block

I think this squad tends to take the intent of Tile Wars (high-fast damage) and turn it on it's head. No character can do more than 40 (barring crits) on a single activation. Anything more that a single attack and 10 damage is wasted on the Younglings, and people tended to underestimate it most of the night.

My first Match was against Dan Jordan with the Broken Edifice. He played Boba Merc, Dash, Ulic, mouse and a Basilisk.

This was a weaker version of the squad I feared the most (Twin Basilisk). So I was pretty sure I could handle the strafe with about 50% of any strafed younglings surviving due to Deflect. Dan played on honest game, being the first to realize that he couldn't strafe off of his own tile, due to squeezing requirements.

The first round was pretty uneventful. I have to line 5 Younglings outside the cell just to prevent myself from starting with any open doors, so he missled a few of them, but only 1 bit it. then he moved the mouse to open my door. Unfortunately he did that as his second action, so I had a youngling Force speed behind him and take him out. So the door closed. Then he just spun most of his characters including his Basilisk. So I moved as many Younglings up as I could preparing to slam into him on the next round. All my commanders were out so I let the door shut. 2nd round he won init and prepared to Strafe my squad when he realized his mistake. Still there were about 6 he could and return to his starting postion to shoot Anakin. He killed one on a failed deflect and Ani Defensed his 30 dmage away. On my turn 2 Younglings plowed into the Basilisk taking it down to 40. Boba Missled, missing all but 1, and Ulic blocked my path to the Basilisk. Anikan Knightsped past Ulic Djem so'd the Aoo and Killed Dash, leaving me will about 20 activations to finish off his squad.

Round 2 was against John and his Vong Swarm.

I didn't realize John was a newer player so I probably played him harder than I needed to. John was excited to play me thinking that Force Immunity would play a bigger part. I won init and had him go first. He Spit Poison against one of my 5 Younglings and missed. I spun and forced him to Spit and Thud Bug the Younglings outside leaving his last activation to open the door. I sent a youngling out to finish him and close the door. Next round he won init, wisened up and sent Warmaster Lah down to the door right in the middle of the three squares after he had me spin Mas. Then he proceeded to spit poison while I whittled down Lah as much as I could. Once Lah fell, I still had about 10 Younglings and all my Uniques to finish off the rest.

Round 3 was against Les with Ganner, Kyle and GMLS.

Funny thing was I had almost ran this squad but it fell flat when I tested it vs my Younglings.
I had no problem facing Disruptive as I knew that would be my bane and playtested against many many Disruptive squads.

Most of the first few rounds were postioning as he would move to open the door and I would Push 1 or 2 that character away from it. My only mistake was a misplaced movement on Kyle that allowed him to protect Disruptive for a while. He didn't Defense any of my pushes as he knew he would need the Lightsaber Defense later. Les soon realized the trick against disruptive was that since I can generate 60 attack rolls per round (via rerolls) I should get an average of 3 20's per round, and then its 40 damage. Ganner actually went down first, then Kyle, leaving Luke to base my Anikan and take him down to 60. I won init and did the smart thing, FP2 Luke though I had no legal target to move him to. Luke then blasted Anikan and the resulting Djem So battle left Luke at 40. He then doubled and tripled two younglings. Sometime in that round he ran out of FP's even though now I needed 13's and it was over. Props to Les for being the only one to take out any Uniques.

The final match was against Nate's Ragnos Swarm.

Right away my five Younglings swarmed into his Junk Golem needing 12's. Via fprr's I was able to put 40 on him. Two force lightning later I was out 5 younglings. Sometime in round 1 he moved his kel-dor to the door. I fp2'd it away via GMA and pushed it into his Junk Golem. After he had activated all his figs I opened the door and sacced a Youngling to take out the Kel-Dor, the Golem and drop a ragnos down to 10 who then fell to another Youngling. The next round just involved moving my younglings out two at a time to take out 1 Ragnos, have them die to lightning rinse wash repeat. Round 3 opened up with him having a bodyguard at 30 and a Ragnos at 30, I had 9 younglings and all my Uniques. I won init and moved Ani in between them, 1 attack on each finished them off.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:45 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Wow, Brad, nice job on that TW win. Did you have any trouble finishing your games within the 45 minute time limit? Sounded like you fully defeated each of your opponents, but I could see all those pieces taking a while to activate sometimes. :P You're lucky no one ran a Lancer Droid squad. :P

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:16 am 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

LoboStele wrote:
Wow, Brad, nice job on that TW win. Did you have any trouble finishing your games within the 45 minute time limit? Sounded like you fully defeated each of your opponents, but I could see all those pieces taking a while to activate sometimes. :P You're lucky no one ran a Lancer Droid squad. :P

I think in all but the last one, we were one of the first to finish. I think in inexperienced hands they may have trouble deciding what to do, but for the most part you have to spin till he is out of activations, the aggressively slam into his pieces. Doesn't take long.

I've playtested it against Lancer Droid, and it works well. In mostly comes down to initiative management, placement, and tile choice. Probably a 60/40 for me.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:40 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

I have already typed up my Dynamic Dou Experience.
So here were my other matches of the weekend.
Tiles Wars
I already posted my squad but if you missed it I ran Ganner, Kyle JBM, and GM Luke

Round One I faced Nate and his Ragnos Swarm. I really wasn’t sure how to tackle it. I tried to lay back a bit, but finally just threw look into the fray and he dealt out a good bit of damage, but I think he only managed to kill the body guard. My thought was to but damage on several Ragnos know that lighting was coming. I had forgot about the corruptions that were coming my way. After Luke died Kyle and Ganner was able to take out the Golem and a Keldor or two, but the Ragnos overwhelmed Kyle and he went down.

Round Two was Ton’y Mando’s
He was’t quite ready for Luke to get in his face that quickly and in the first round I took out his war droid. Kyle disrupted his commanders. He was able to dish out plenty of damage with the Mandolore the Indomitable, but in the end it just It was Ganner and a Mando Capt. Facing off. Pushing him through the door to close it left him with very few options with Ganner at pretty much full health.

Round Three Brad’s write up on our match was very accurate.

Round four I played Taylor. He ran
Exar Kun
Gundark x3
Rakghoul x3?

Kyle’s disruptive did in this squad. Exar did transfer up and started whacking on Kyle but Luke was thrown into the mix and that pretty much ended that. Then it was just clean up.

My Squad
Whorm
Durge JH
Maul COTS
Zuckuss BH
Kel Dor
Lobot CLO
Ugy
MD x3

Map Ravaged Base

Round One vs Ryan from Kokomo
He played an odd NR squad
Kyle JBM
Liea JK
Gen Wedge
Dodonna
Mission Vao
R7
Lobot
I cant remember what his other 20 some points were.
Zuckass wound up snaring Kyle and that slowed his progress up.Lobot goes down first Leia took a bunch of damage. In the end he tried to rush Whorm. Liea gets taken out as well as Vao. My Lobot locks Kyle in the room as I rush Mual towards Gen Wedge and the TBSV for the win.

Round two vs Brad he wins map which was Jedi Temple
He projects strength in round one and takes out Zuckuss, Which took me by surprise. I move around in round two and he allows yobuck to open the middle door on his side. I open my door with Lobot and Durge takes out Yobuck. Plo takes a beating from Maul and Mual takes some damage. He swap Plo for the Chiss. Durge takes out Rex and a Brute. In the mean time my Keldor takes out some of his scrubs and R2. Durge might have had the last shot on R2. He Swaps out Plo who only has 10 hp and is facing Durge. The Chiss get taken out by Maul and miss his death blow.

Round three I face Nate and his speeder squad.
I lose and I lose badly

Round four I face Dan and his swarm of Brutes, Tharwn and Vader
Dan is up mid way through the game and killed Zuckass and Maul. But he leaves Vader by a door which I unlock and Durge takes him out. I then start cleaning up the rest of his squad. He swarms Durge and hits with 3 brutes. He then rolls a 6 with Ozzel and brings in a Ragnos. Who hits him with lighting and pretty much ends the game.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:23 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I did play to 3rd in the tile wars. Played Jar Jar, Tarpals, Boba w/missiles 30, new Boushh with grenades 40, new IG-88, and 55 pt. yoda with free rerolls on missed saves for Jar Jar. Feast of famine with a Jar Jar squad but in the early games it went well and I made saves and positioned him in front of my squad and within close range of the enemy. He took down a Exar Kun and Flying Basilisk all by himself and had them attacking themselves. In my loss against Nate I missed the rolls against his swarm and after Jar Jar went early I did not have enough to handle his guys. Liked this squad and like Jar Jar just because he makes everyone nervous and not a lot of people play him.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:13 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

It was very much an awesome tourney! I had blast, as did all of us from Owensboro, at the store (which had a great gaming area) meeting everyone and seeing familiar faces. Even if I hadn't won the 200 tourney, I'd come back in a heartbeat.

Thanks Les again for setting everything up. You did an excellent job.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:27 am 
Jedi Battlemaster
Jedi Battlemaster

I guess one of the most interesting things about this report is how Luke/Kyle/Ganner died to the younglings.. on paper it doesn't seem like a contest.. Younglings can't hit because of distruptive.. but for fun Trevor and I played it out. Several times. :)

Moving Kyle in first means that Anakin can hit him for 60 + Djem damage.. QuiZod pushes for 10, Gree CFs with Amidala for the potential 30, kyle is down to 40 in 1 round. Dead to Anakin by the 2nd, leaving Luke and Ganner to fend for themselves.

Moving Luke in first should prompt an end of round 1 Djem Battle between Luke and Anakin.. resulting in 60-120 damage to Luke and Dead Anakin, at that point, hopeful crits (around 6-10 chances a round depending on positioning) and shooting from Gree should tear down Luke, but leave Kyle and Ganner alone. Keeping Gree safe is key for multiple shots, plus pushes from QuiGon.

Very interesting match up. :D

Though I agree that a Lancer would simply wreck it in round 1 :P

Join the FOLLY! Online casual League, find out more here: FOLLY

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:51 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I'm more confused how the Younglings survived against the area affect type abilities: grenades, lightning, flamethrower etc. Sounded like TCW did a nice job playing door games with his opponents, so I guess most of them must not have had Override. Funny stuff.

I guess the best way for the GMLS/Kyle/Ganner match up to win would be to Levitate Luke in next to Anakin somehow, and then unleash the Triple/Twin. Or you would just have to only use Luke's FPs for LS Defense, and not for rerolling other stuff. General Skywalker would be the only thing that would be able to consistently hit Luke, and two Djem So's would be enough to finish off Ani. I guess that's where Qui-Zod's Push comes in super handy. Push Luke back a square so he can't get the Triple/Twin on Anakin, or make him burn 3 FPs to Defense it.

TCW's squad was definitely inventive, and took a smidge of luck by not having to face a Lancer. That's one of the things I love about Tile Wars though. Almost everything has an exact counter, and there's not much you can do about it except get lucky sometimes, haha. That's not to say the squad wasn't good though either, as it quite obviously was.

I'm wondering how TCW might've fared if he'd been up against an OR squad with Triple/Twin Atton and Force Repulse Exile. :) That's one I've run several times and have a lot of fun with it. I usually run that one with Boba BH and a TBSV as well, so Boba could Flamethrower groups of Younglings too.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:06 am 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

Typically, everyone focuses on the Younglings soo much, that they essentially become 4pt bodyguards to Anakin. Let's not forget though that the younglings only need 9's to hit Luke (once Kyle's gone) and they have a fp to burn on the rerolls. I think that's something people forget, that 21 Younglings can make 42 attack rolls, odds are in my favor to get aprx 2 crits per turn if I am disrupted. Against area effects, they can use that force point to reroll as well. LEs threw grenades a cluster of 6. 3 made their initial save, 3 rerolled, 1 died. Kyle was pushed out of contention after that.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:42 pm 
Jedi Battlemaster
Jedi Battlemaster

However, it is a false assumption to make that the Younglings can make '42' attacks a round.
You'll only get so many based to a character at a time, especially if a melee monster plugs the door in front of your tile. We only saw about 10 or 12 younglings able to make an attack each round.

Join the FOLLY! Online casual League, find out more here: FOLLY

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:47 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

how are they getting more than one attack in? I see they can only make one attack what am I missing?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:55 pm 
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle

You missed The_Celestial_Warrior say he could get 42 attack rolls (not attacks) in a round with FPRR. That's why Ruhk was saying 42 attacks.