logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: Re: New Special Abilities you want. Read 1st post before posting
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:58 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

SpaceJawa wrote:
Tactical Programming (You gain +4 to Initiative Rolls)
Expert Tactician (You gain +6 to Initative Rolls.) - Or other variants of the bonus to initiative power for characters that have advanced tactical knowhow but don't rank up at Thrawn's Master Tactician level. For example, Zsinj, any new versions of Dodonna or Ackbar, ect.

Something like this would also work well on the Tactical Droid as seen in the Clone Wars cartoons. The Seps could use some help with init control.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:10 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Cannibal (This character may attack any (Living or non-living) character regardless of faction. If this character successfully defeats it's target, then it returns to starting HPs)

This is for living (Cthons) or non-living (Feral Droids) characters, as in a droid cannibalizing another droid for parts or a cannibal eating a living creature (including it's own) to satisfy it's hunger.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:51 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

Jedi Instructor: Any force user (with a lightsaber?) within 6 squares can use any of this character's force powers (like Defense, riposte). [powerful jedi masters like Yoda, Mace]

Jedi example: Any force user (with a lightsaber?) within 6 squares can use this character's lightsaber style. [powerful jedi masters like Yoda, Mace]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:26 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

(Ok, so my idea is more of a combo of previous special abilities)

Diplomat AND Rely Orders- For instance, give this to C3-PO, and it will just like the begining of episode 4: C3-PO is on the front lines of the battle on the star ship relaying orders, yet stormtroopers aren't shooting him because he is a "diplomat".

:3p0:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:34 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

MandalMauler wrote:
wannabemexican wrote:
SA - Characters within 6 squares lose Droid - For Gha Nackt or someone like that.

Do you want that or something like:

SA - Droid characters within 6 squares are subject to all Commander Effects.

Actually, I know someone else who came up with this and he suggested the SA be called 'Slicer' for the character Ghent.

Being organized is for people who are too lazy to look for their stuff.

Lasers make everything better... except Alderaan.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:42 pm 
Sithlord's Sportmanship Winner 2010
Sithlord's Sportmanship Winner 2010

Tirade wrote:
Rancor Keeper - Allies with Savage gain Damage Reduction 10 and Stable Footing. Characters whose name contains Rancor gain Ambush. This character gives Empathy unlimited range - Malakili

does empathy not get rid of savage?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:00 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I'm not sure where to put this but I guess this is as good a place as any.

In the virtual sets, I think one of the things that is needed most for competitive games is (a lot) more options for playable 1-5 point pieces, especially for variations on door control, activation control, and CE propagation. It just seems ridiculous that every single squad throws in Mouse Droids and Ugnaughts at the end since that's the only playable option. I put a few options in my custom set over at Bloo Milk, but I'm sure more creative people could come up with better options.

Highlights:

* 4 point versions of Mouse Droid and Ugnaught that are 10dmg +0atk shooters.
* 4 point "mini-Mas" that extends the CE of a single adjacent commander.
* 1 point pure activation control. Can't cause damage and can be "stepped on" by the enemy to be defeated without spending an attack
* 3 point shooter but with a severe handicap. I used "Speed 2" as the handicap but people tended to vote the piece as worthless. Maybe "Speed 4" or something else would be a sufficient handicap

Something I thought of later but didn't include:
* 1 or 2 point emplacement with no defense or attack and that does not prevent enemy movement. It gives the owner override of adjacent doors. ("Control Panel" or something like that).

The basic point is that I think it's silly how incredibly creative squad designs are right up until the last 10 points when everyone pretty much does the same thing. None of these options really introduce new ideas but new abilities could also be introduced to these purposes as well.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:03 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Not a new ability and this may be a topic for discussion but I would like to see the new ability "Artilllerist" (that is on Chewbacca, Fearless Scout) actually add 1 subtle line to the definition: "May make attacks of opportunity on opponents with Flight special ability."

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:43 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

gunther wrote:
Tirade wrote:
Rancor Keeper - Allies with Savage gain Damage Reduction 10 and Stable Footing. Characters whose name contains Rancor gain Ambush. This character gives Empathy unlimited range - Malakili

does empathy not get rid of savage?

Yes, it does. However, I could foresee allowing the Savage characters to be subject to the SA even if Empathy is in play. Or if you prefer, it could work like this:

They can benefit from Malakili's SA, but not CEs while Empathy is absent.
They benefit from CEs thanks to unlimited Empathy Range, but lose the benefits of the rest of the Rancor Keeper SA.

Basically makes you choose how you would like to go about squad building. In this case, I would not give Malakili Empathy. However, you would have the choice of adding a cheap Wrangler to grant your Savage critters CEs. Also keep in mind that Rancors would still be benefiting from the Ambush part of the SA even if Empathy is in play.

The SA is certainly a work in progress. Could the unlimited Empathy part be discarded? Perhaps. If so, I would consider giving Malakili Empathy. Savage, nasty critters while he is sitting afar, but non-Savage and subject to CEs while he is within 6.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:31 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Lookout - When this character activates, you may increase or decrease the number of characters you activate in this phase by 1. - New non-unique "lookout" characters

Bullseye - Replaces attacks: usable only once per skirmish; choose 1 enemy within line of sight, ignoring cover. The chosen enemy takes 20 damage. - Luke Skywalker, Farmboy

Coodinated Attack - Damage from attacks by trooper followers within 6 squares cannot be prevented or redirected if one or more allies combine fire with the attacker - "Squad Leaders"

Why aren't you at your post? - At the end of this character's turn, it may swap positions with any 1 Small or Medium ally within 6 squares - Stormtrooper TK-421

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:03 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Stay on target: ( When this character hits with an attack, 1 Rebel ally within 6 may make an immediate attack against the same target at +4 Attack) Pilot designated as Jek Porkins.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:51 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

how about one for a luke fig...

"You Have Failed, Your Highness..." Any character containing the name "Vader" may be placed in this characters squad.

<(^^)> (>^^)> <(^^<) ^(^^)^
dance, kirby, dance.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:22 am 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Dark Spirit - Ignores characters and terrain. Cannot open doors. Cannot attack or be damaged, and does not count as a legal target, the nearest enemy, or adjacent. Not subject to commander effects. Does not provide cover. At the start of the skirmish, choose a Unique allied character with a Force rating. That ally gains Sith Rage and Dark Armor while within 4 squares of this character. If that ally is within 4 at the end of his turn, make a save of 11. If the save fails, the ally takes 10 damage. This character is defeated if the chosen ally is defeated. An enemy within 6 squares can spend 1 Force point to defeat this character; save 11. This effect replaces that enemy's attacks. - Freedon Nadd

This SA accompanies the Freedon Nadd CE in the other thread. The Spirit can still be banished easily with a FP, so I think there is some balance to the idea. The save could be higher, possibly 16. I need to playtest the Dark Spirit + the CE (Eternal Hatred, Internal Strife) to see what cost seems appropriate. I did not want him to grant Force Renewal for a reason. I want Holo Sid to still be useful.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:05 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

My personal favorite SA from one of my Custom sets

Trap Door: (Replaces turn: Move target enemy within 6 squares to any unoccupied square in the target's starting area. This move does not provoke attacks of opportunity. The target can avoid this effect with a save of 11.)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:51 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Vaapad Style Mastery: This character scores a critical hit on an attack roll of natural 18, 19, or 20, and when this character scores a critical hit, the damage may not be prevented or redirected. (any version of Mace Windu)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:45 am 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

thereisnotry wrote:
Vaapad Style Mastery: This character scores a critical hit on an attack roll of natural 18, 19, or 20, and when this character scores a critical hit, the damage may not be prevented or redirected. (any version of Mace Windu)

I like the "may not be prevented or redirected" part. Maybe tack on triple damage instead of double? Kind of like what Dennis suggested over in the Mace thread.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:24 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Tirade wrote:
thereisnotry wrote:

I like the "may not be prevented or redirected" part. Maybe tack on triple damage instead of double? Kind of like what Dennis suggested over in the Mace thread.

Yes, I had considered that. However, doing 80 unpreventable damage (when you use this Mace you'll almost always also use the Chag Merc Commander) on a crit is a bit broken...I figured that 60 dmg was good enough, especially since it cannot be avoided by a lucky Block or Parry roll, nor by a 10 hp bodyguard. One option that I think might be worth considering with a VSM such as this would be to give him Flurry (but definitely not Flurry and UTF). That seems to fit the flavor of Mace too, since Vaapad was all about really getting into the fight and getting aggressive...and when you really get into it, you just keep going and going, and you become an unstoppable force. A Mace with this version of VSM could be quite a fun and unique piece.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:27 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

thereisnotry wrote:
Tirade wrote:
thereisnotry wrote:

Yes, I had considered that. However, doing 80 unpreventable damage (when you use this Mace you'll almost always also use the Chag Merc Commander) on a crit is a bit broken...I figured that 60 dmg was good enough, especially since it cannot be avoided by a lucky Block or Parry roll, nor by a 10 hp bodyguard. One option that I think might be worth considering with a VSM such as this would be to give him Flurry (but definitely not Flurry and UTF). That seems to fit the flavor of Mace too, since Vaapad was all about really getting into the fight and getting aggressive...and when you really get into it, you just keep going and going, and you become an unstoppable force. A Mace with this version of VSM could be quite a fun and unique piece.

Yeah, the 40 non-preventable damage seems like enough to me. Maybe make triple damage only on a natural 20?

Lol, I'm actually glad he didn't have this in MotF. I played Saesee JM against Mace in 2/3 matches in our sealed and won the tourney (my first). I would have been toast :P

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:33 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

True. I had forgotten about the Chagrian. That would be powerful enough as unpreventable damage. Especially with Block and Parry being so prevalent. Nothing is more depressing than rolling a crit and watching your enemy make the block save.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:11 am 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

I would like to see both Shaper and Scarification changed so they function more like the Rodian Trader's supplies abilities. Replaces attacks: target adjacent Yuuzhan Vong ally gains the specified bonuses for the remainder of the skirmish.

This would give Vong squads a unique feel - they get stronger as the game progresses. And it makes more sense than the way it works today, where apparently shaper implants stop working when they get too far from the shaper.

I think a lot of Vong CE's should be turned into SA's along these lines as well.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next