6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

Preferred Reinforcements:
(Lobot) 20 Bith Black Sun Vigo
or
Preferred Reinforcements:
(Lobot) R4 Astromech Droid
(Lobot) Ugnaught demolitionists x4

(200pts. 11 activations)

I figure the biggest problems this squad will have is disrupt from the New Republic. Meta-wise, do you think it will compete well?

Post subject: Re: Skywalker's Charging Stand
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:22 am 
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle

Not sure why you'd bring in a BBSV. His CE doesn't help anyone and he can't benefit from Skywalker's CE.

I'd think of using some Rodian Brutes for Swap Fodder. Dash is one that I'm fully sold on, but I've just had problems with people who use him with General Skywalker since he only benefits from ending his turn adjacent to the enemy to get off Momentum. I do like the JWM with Momentum Assault, that's definitely some hefty stuff going on with them.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:33 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

If you're worried about Disruptive, you just do what you can to work around it. Go after other stuff first. Use Skywalker and either some Momentum from Dash or a JWM Assault to wail on Mara or whatever else is backing up Kyle. Momentum is really the only thing that Kyle can stop anyways, and Kyle will have a tough time hitting the JWMs. So, if you can have Skywalker and both JWMs all go after Kyle at the same time, you shouldn't have too much trouble.

The R4 Astromech is a perfect idea if you end up facing NR with Kyle. Just hit him with Targetting and then go to town. He'll need 11's to hit your JWMs while they only need 8s.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:54 am 
Name Calling Internet Bully

Here's the question. I ran 2JWMs, Dash, R2 and Sky in 150 a couple of weeks ago. You have the exact same power with a 200pt squad. I don't think Panaka is needed, and I would even consider dropping Lobot. There really isn't that much customization you are gonna need honestly, especially if you drop Panaka. Just go straight power and add in 2 more JWMs, or some combo of things like that.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:25 pm 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

Yeah, I didn't think about the BBSV not getting Skywalker's commander effect. As for Lobot, I usually like to make sure I add him, but after making the squad, I honestly can see how customizing is not worth very much to this squad. I'll play around with the squad and see what I come up with. The feedback has been great help. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:03 pm 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

I want a body guard for Skywalker (that is one reason I also added Captain Panaka-that and swap can really be a lifesaver).

So just out of curiousity, which body guard would be the best?

I personally think Ferrus Olin would be my choice.....if I had him, but Panaka, Mistryl Shadow Guard, and Human Body guards are my only options.

I like the Mistryl Shadow guard due to evade, paralysis, loner and decent stats, so I am leaning toward her.

Which bodyguard is the best in this build?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:26 pm 
Guardian of the Old Republic
Guardian of the Old Republic

lonescout wrote:
I want a body guard for Skywalker (that is one reason I also added Captain Panaka-that and swap can really be a lifesaver).

So just out of curiousity, which body guard would be the best?

I personally think Ferrus Olin would be my choice.....if I had him, but Panaka, Mistryl Shadow Guard, and Human Body guards are my only options.

I like the Mistryl Shadow guard due to evade, paralysis, loner and decent stats, so I am leaning toward her.

Which bodyguard is the best in this build?

Well Ferus is actually ideal, his HP/cost ratio is the best in the game outside of the BGing Dejarik (forget it's name) and he can move and do 50 with Momentum/Dark Temptation.

Not only that but his 100 HP will make Skywalker and the JWMs that much beefier, which is a scary though in and of itself.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:44 pm 

Yes, I would definately get ahold of Ferus. He would be my choice in 200 for a version of this. However, I kinda like the idea of using the Mystral here. Not only is she a BG, but momentum and melee reach could be fun.

A couple of learnings from playing the 150 version. Move Mas up early. Don't worry about protecting him that much. Cunning momentum Mas strikes are useful, and he's great bait. Most opponent's either ignore him (forgetting that he gets momentum) or go straight for him (forgetting that you will have everyone near GS most of the game regardless). It worked wonders for me in terms of setting up bait, keeping attacks off my beef, and last second kills. Several games I found my GS with 10hps was retreating while mas moved in for several big hits. It was quite fun to watch an opponent decide if Mas or the JWM without fps was the bigger threat in one game :)

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:47 am 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

Okay, I know this is quite different from my last build, but I actually am starting to like how it might play out.

--The Classic Mission Duo--
55 General Obi-Wan Kenobi
47 General Skywalker
28 Dash Rendar, Renegade Smuggler
26 Jedi Weapon Master
24 Mistryl Shadow Guard
9 R2-D2, Astromech Droid
8 Mas Amedda
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

(200pts. 8 activations)

The activations are low, but there is still a lot of damage potential as well as the likelihood that they will hit when they try to, and the defense of the minis are excellent!

Door control jumps out as a quick red flag, but that's okay, because the Mistryl Shadow Guard will be set up adjacent to Skywalker, R2 and dash to absorb damage.

GOWK's first main goal will be to utilize Soresu and mettle to deliver his squad safely to being within 6 of the enemy (roughly) by being positioned so he is leagal target for those who do not have accurate. When minis are within range, they will of course charge.

Depending on the situation either Mas and the Mistryl will charge first, or Skywalker and mistryl will charge first. Mas runs up and does his 30 dam at 15 attack (or Skywalker will do his 60 damage), and the Mistryl will attack the biggest damage doer with a 20 attack for 30 dam from 2 squares away with the ability to activate (she will then take on the roll of Skywalker's bodyguard unless mas is there, I will probably just let him take the heat as Bill noted would not be much of a loss to the squad).

The opponent does his phase (likely killing off Mistryl and and Mas (or hurts Skywalker)), Dash moves up for his 120 dam at 18 attack followed by Weaponmaster for another 60 dam at 20 attack. GOWK will be there to clean up or possibly be towed by R2 to a key enemy (ie: commander).

I know there are some weaknesses to the squad, but I am excited to try the squad out. I wish I could play on Vassal. Oh well, eventually I will.

Skywalker's Charging Stand
47 General Skywalker
28 Dash Rendar, Renegade Smuggler
78 Jedi Weapon Master x3
24 Mistryl Shadow Guard
9 R2-D2, Astromech Droid
8 Mas Amedda
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

(200pts. 10 activations)

The other build I have which I really really like is the straight beef with 2 extra Weaponmasters and a an extra ugnaught in place of GOWK. This build gives more damage output but lower def and att of my Dash, mistral and Weaponmaster.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:53 pm 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

Any other thoughts on the two squads I have?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:12 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

I'd go with the second revised squad. I always like to take the damage potential over the higher defense any day. Plus, the defense won't be as big a problem with Dash due to mobile, as well as the possible towing around with R2 astromech.