9 General Dodonna
6 Mouse Droid x2

(199pts. 10 activations)

Thoughts?

Post subject: Re: god squad update
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:49 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

I think Ferus is a good replacement for Chewie. A big part of the god squad in the past was the Chag Merc Commander, but it looks like you'll be able to bring him in with Lobot's reinforcements. It also had Han in ST Armor to increase the threat range of Luke and Obi...but Han Smuggler is so effective (with Rieekan and Leia) that I think it's a good trade...and especially since Luke needs to be within 6 of Yoda FS to use Yoda's FP, the Charging Fire would end up working against you in some cases and going unused in others. So far so good.

The other key element was sacrificing Obi to give MotF2 to Luke so that he could UTF twice per round. The attack would look something like this: UTF on first attack for 60dmg, then Flurry to UTF again for another 60, then Flurry for another 20, then make a second (lol) attack if necessary...or just get out of harm's way. That's 140-160dmg in one activation...oh, and do it all over again with Leia's CE too, if you have enough fp. Not many squads can survive that.

But with this squad, and without MotF2, Luke can only do 80-100dmg in one activation...("only" 100dmg! lol) I guess you could do it again with Leia's CE too, so you're looking at up to 190dmg in 2 activations, which is solid. This version certainly is good. The Han/Leia combo can keep your opponents busy for a while, which allows Luke to build up more FP. It's also less of a 1-trick pony, because now you have Han and Ferus as solid long-term threats, in addition to Luke.

Nice job! I won't presume to make comments beyond that, since I was not the one who designed the squad, and so I'm sure I'm not understanding some of the finer points about how to play it. I do like it when we can bring formerly-competitive pieces and squads back, though.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:17 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I definitely like adding Ferus into the mix. The obvious thing that's missing, as TINT pointed out, is a way for Luke to get MOTF 2. Typically that was done by using Obi-Unleashed, though I honestly don't have any idea how to work that into this squad. Perhaps you could go with Obi instead of Ferus and Lobot, and then just run one of the versions of R2 or an R7 instead. Not really sure which is better though. With the Obi-Unleashed versions, you really don't need a Force Pool as well, and since Luke and Ferus already have Renewal, I wonder who you would plan to attach Yoda to? Leia perhaps? Mettle boosted re-rolls of her attacks could be pretty annoying.

Honestly, I might also consider going with Han Scoundrel instead of Smuggler + Lobot in this build as well. With only 10 activations, you'll struggle to get solid Opportunist shots, IMO. Then you could attach Yoda to Han to give him Renewal and Mettle.

So, there's a few different possibilities here. None of them are necessarily 'wrong' or 'right' though. Probably just play-style differences.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:23 pm 
Guardian of the Old Republic
Guardian of the Old Republic

The problem is the balance between tech and power. I wanted to put in a TBSV which ups the damage of Luke and Ferus significantly. I am not worried about Yoda's CE reaching luke when it can b e mouse droid spread with Leia's.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:28 pm 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully

I'll try to link the update I made (through Dark Times only mind you) whenever Bloomilk is back up and working. Some good options for Luke with the new set as well.

I really like the idea of using Zuckuss and Yoda FS with Luke. And Ferus makes a great Chewy replacement. Rieekan is a big help of course, and a TBSV can easily replace Han ST (although I still like Han mind you). Leia is still there (although I prefer the Bothan with Luke anyways), as is the Chagrin - especially with mice helping out. With Zuckuss instead of Han Smuggler, the Bothan is a better bet anyways.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29