logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Re: New Commander Effects you want - Read 1st post please
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:16 am 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

I've been kicking this one around for a bit..

Yuuzhan Vong Allies gain Droid Hater (+4 attack and +10 damage against nonliving enemies) - Yuuzhan Vong Prefect

for Harrar - YV allies gain Jedi Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:43 pm 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

CE: Rodian allies gain +10 damage against fringe enemies
Maybe on Drexl Roosh? Something to benefit all the Rodians we have

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:50 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

At the start of the skirmish, choose an allied character with a Force rating whose name contains Master. That ally gains Force Spirit 4 while within 6 squares of this character. - Qui Gon Jinn, Force Spirit

At the end of this character's turn, choose 1 enemy within line of sight that has not activated this round. Your opponent must activate the chosen enemy before activating any other characters this round. - Dexter Jettster (Indicates the acquisition of information, hence Dexter... cost for this should be very high)

At the end of this character's turn, choose One adjacent allied commander with a commander effect normally limited to 6 squares. That ally's commander effect has unlimited range until the start of this character is activated again, or until this character is defeated. - New Republic Communications Officer

Savage characters are subject to this effect: Allies with Savage gain Ambush and Extra Attack. - Malakili

If this character has not activated this round, allies within 6 squares gain Flamethrower 20, Grenades 40, Missiles 30, and Net Gun. When an ally uses a special ability granted by this commander effect, this character is considered activated this round. - Arcona Arms Dealer

(Taken from my BlooMilk custom set, with a few modifications.)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:12 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

FlyingArrow wrote:
If this character has not activated this round, allies within 6 squares gain Flamethrower 20, Grenades 40, Missiles 30, and Net Gun. When an ally uses a special ability granted by this commander effect, this character is considered activated this round. - Arcona Arms Dealer

Does not count as one of your activations this round.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:45 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

MandalMauler wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:

Does not count as one of your activations this round.

Correct.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:02 am 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

CE
Allies with a Force rating gain Eternal Hatred. On a successive Eternal Hatred roll, an ally gains Internal Strife. If Internal Strife is triggered, you may not re-roll the attack. - Freedon Nadd

After seeing the new Freedon Nadd, I was disappointed in his CE. The Eternal Hatred shows how Nadd helped keep Exar Kun alive (albeit at a cost). Basically captures his turn to the dark side. However, the Internal Strife is worked in to balance such a powerful force power. If you use Eternal Hatred and succeed in the save, you gain Internal Strife.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:30 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

To powerful, IMO even with Internal Strife. The chances of rolling a 1 are remote, while gaining back all your HP with Eternal Hatred is insane. But I do like the idea!

Aliit ori'shya tal'din ("Family is more than Blood")
To learn Mandalorian, go to http://www.karentraviss.com/html/mando.htm.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:42 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

obikenobi1 wrote:
To powerful, IMO even with Internal Strife. The chances of rolling a 1 are remote, while gaining back all your HP with Eternal Hatred is insane. But I do like the idea!

Gaining Avoid Defeat sounds like a much more reasonable effect.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:43 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

FlyingArrow wrote:
obikenobi1 wrote:

Gaining Avoid Defeat sounds like a much more reasonable effect.

I did consider that. However, I'm leaning towards limiting the CE to Sith Allies with a Force Rating.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:02 am 
General
General

Fallen Comrades: Defeated allies are treated as being within 6 squares of allies, only for purposes of Special Abilities whose name contains Squad.

Idea would be for a squad leader type figure, preferably one which also has an ability to count towards the Squad abiities.

I think most of us feel that Squad abilities are too hard to really play, and they're too easily defeated by losing 1 piece. Why play 4 Star Corps Troopers when the Squad Firepower is shut down by losing only 1 trooper? Plus you need to invest in 4 copies of the same figure, which further reduces the versatility of your squad. If you're spending 60pts on 4 Star Corps Troopers, you really should get some benefit from that!

With this CE, so long as you started the game with 4 copies, you'll be able to benefit from the Squad abilities no matter how many you lose.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:44 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Wedge772 wrote:
Fallen Comrades: Defeated allies are treated as being within 6 squares of allies, only for purposes of Special Abilities whose name contains Squad.

Idea would be for a squad leader type figure, preferably one which also has an ability to count towards the Squad abiities.

I think most of us feel that Squad abilities are too hard to really play, and they're too easily defeated by losing 1 piece. Why play 4 Star Corps Troopers when the Squad Firepower is shut down by losing only 1 trooper? Plus you need to invest in 4 copies of the same figure, which further reduces the versatility of your squad. If you're spending 60pts on 4 Star Corps Troopers, you really should get some benefit from that!

With this CE, so long as you started the game with 4 copies, you'll be able to benefit from the Squad abilities no matter how many you lose.

This is a great idea.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:40 am 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Nute Gunray, Droid Army Financier -
Droids are subject to this effect. Whenever a non unique droid ally would be defeated, It can make a save of 16. If the save succeeds, that ally returns to play in its squad's setup area with its original hit points.

"Send in more droids!"

Playtesting may require adding this restriction: Droids that are brought into the squad as Reserves are not subject to this effect.

I have always thought this CE would really capture the "endless waves of droids" of the Separatist military. And unlike Reserves, your opponent doesn't gain points for defeating droids that are then "replaced" in this way - so it better matches with the way Gunray treats his droids as disposable.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:54 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I really like the last two:

Fallen Comrades
Nute Gunray, DAF

good stuff 8-)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:57 am 

Some of these might work better as SA's instead of CE's.

"That's right, I said closer!" - Both players must activate at least two characters per round (except for the first round). - General Skywalker, Mandalore the Invincible, General Lando Calrissian (of course)

Yuuzhan Vong Special Abilities may measure their distance from this character - Villip

"3,720 to 1" - Opponent's initiative rolls are -4 - C-3P0

Covering fire - Allies without Melee Attack gain -4 attack. Enemies who make a successful Evade save take 10 damage. At the end of this character's activation, this Commander Effect may be canceled for the rest of the game. - Captain Rex, 501st Commander, Mandalorian Captain, really any "boots on the ground" leader

What I like about the last one is that it makes the evading ugnaughts that can clog up the whole map go away. If you happen to face Republic or Vong or whatever squad doesn't have evade, you just cancel it first turn. Or if you get tired of missing your shots with the -4 attack!

Portable shield generators - Allies within 6 squares, including this character, gain Shields 2 - Bao-Dur

Expert scout - Do not deploy this character at the beginning of the game. Instead, at the beginning of each turn after the first, roll a D20. Deploy this character, unactivated, to any square on your half of the board if [roll + turn number > 14]. - Commandos or scouts (of which we have so many types), maybe a General Madine who gives this to every commando on your squad. You have no idea when they'll show up, but when they do it'll be crazy! Sith assassins, the Dark Woman, Chewbacca, or Lumina would all be appropriate recipients as well.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:03 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

CE:non-unique Characters whose name contains "JEDI" gain +4 Attack.
Stick that on someone from the OR and JBM teams are suddenly really good.

CE:Followers with melee attack gain Cleave
Rolling cleave is fun but cleave can be just as fun, again this would do well in OR.

SA:Covering fire (this character may combine fire twice in the same round. It is still considered activated after it combines fire.)
Stick that on a non-unique and combining fire may become popular again.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:47 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

A sorely needed (imo) Commander Effect...

CE: Allies with Mercenary gain +4 defense and +4 attack

This could be a ranged effect or not but it would certainly help increase the use and usefulness of characters with Mercenary (ie, Nym, and all the pieces with Mercenary).

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 3:49 pm 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

wow! maybe the idea I had from a long time ago, might actually have a shot.

I think since the old republic is a defensive faction why not make there defense a weird sort of offense? allies with the light saber deflect ability within six gain light saber reflect 16. meaning if you roll an 11 to 15 you deflect it. if you roll a 16 or higher you reflect it back.

the ce could be on vrook or vendar. sorry, if I spelled the names wrong. as you all know. I suck at spelling and typing on the computer. lol

thats just a rough example. I think dean or the guys in charge now could make the ce more polished

also! I might be alone on this one, but I think movement breaking CE's, SA's and force powers like transfer essence, swap, tow cable, levitation ect. are the most fun squad builds to play.

it seems every faction should have at least one movement breaker.

I'm not sure if it would throw the balance of the game off or not. I'm no designer nor an expert on these sort of things. regardless, I think the game play and character design is in good hands.

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 5:33 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Location: Yes, I am yet another Canadian. Keeping the game alive on life support in the GTA.
Tusken Specific CE

Whenever a non-Unique Tusken ally would be defeated, with a save of 16, it instead immediately returns to play with full Hit Points in addition to one other of the same unit.

Flavour text: They'll be back and in greater numbers

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:45 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

A CE for possibly an OR character: Allies who spend a force point to re-roll or initiate a save, gain 1 force point on a failed save or missed attack.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:59 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

A CE for Melee Force Users.

At the start of the round, choose 1 character with Melee and a Force rating; that character gains the following until the end of its turn
Lightsaber Fortitude (this character may make 1 extra attack against characters with Melee regardless of movement restrictions)

Or an alternate version
If this character is defeated, choose 1 character with Melee and a Force rating; that character gains the following until the end of the game or it is killed.
Lightsaber Fortitude (this character may make 1 extra Melee attack regardless of movement restrictions)

"...he is a wound in the Force..."

Dinuir ni verda kyr'am ner

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next