Mith'rawn
Cad Bane
Vader, Scourge of the Jedi
Mas Amedda
Lobot
Rodian Brute x6
Uggy x2

NO OZZEL!

Frankly he's a pain, this squad starts with 13 activations base and can go as high as 19 if you're willing to risk it. Sure they can all be slaughtered by a sneaky YoBuck charge, so first round action is absolutely key. The right map will put advantage in your hands, but Cad's lack of Accurate will make it hard. I love having Vader SotJ in there as his double JH Opp can really show opponents what he's made of. Add in Djem So and Riposte, he can put a dent in YoBuck.

Join the FOLLY! Online casual League, find out more here: FOLLY

Post subject: Re: TCV
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:41 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

I like it, especially the no Ozzel part. More and more recently, I'm trying to avoid using tempo control, because it's just so much more fun to play without it. And with Thrawn/Cad/Vader, being able to swap and attack mid-round is a really solid tactic...especially against opponents' swap squads. And yeah, Yobuck is pretty much toast against this squad in most situations; he's welcome to charge in and kill all the swap fodder...Vader and Cad can finish him off after that.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:52 am 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

I'm fairly sure I watched someone play this squad on vassal 2 nights ago...

In fact, I think it was you TinT. Against Matthew.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:31 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

No, I wasn't using Vader Scourge...I was using Legacy. The two squads play a bit differently, but they're both solid in their own way.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:09 pm 
Name Calling Internet Bully

thereisnotry wrote:
I like it, especially the no Ozzel part. More and more recently, I'm trying to avoid using tempo control, because it's just so much more fun to play without it. And with Thrawn/Cad/Vader, being able to swap and attack mid-round is a really solid tactic...especially against opponents' swap squads. And yeah, Yobuck is pretty much toast against this squad in most situations; he's welcome to charge in and kill all the swap fodder...Vader and Cad can finish him off after that.

Sorry Trevor if my comments seem rude, they are not intended to be so. But this shows a lack of experience with the match up. Yodabuck is the worst match up for this out there. It's a very tough game, and it's one of the reasons I very between using Vader/Cad and Vader/Zuckuss/Arica. The problem is in strategy.

Yoda goes and kills only the fodder that advances unless the Cad/Vader player makes a mistake. You ignore Vader completely with Yoda, and do not take AoO's from him other than for a kill on Cad. Further, you do it with swap as the second activation unless you are using mobile gallop through gambit. Once the activations are gone, you can keep Vader at bay and finish Cad. It's a very tough game for Imps when played correctly. Luckily, I've found very few players play the strategy right with Yoda, so it doesn't happen often. If you can avoid the AoO on Vader, and get to Cad/thrawn early, you do so. But this isn't necessary.

Now, if you talk about the Lancer, that's a different story. Vader works great against the Lancer provided you are capable of forcing it to strafe you. However, most good opponents will also have 3 IGs waiting, and will use the Lancer as bait in that situation, so it's not nearly as great of a match up as one might think on paper. The two lancer versions are basically toast against Vader/Cad however.

And against Rebels and NR, these builds work great. Vader's throw is key to preventing his attacks from being blocked when needed.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:30 pm 
Jedi Battlemaster
Jedi Battlemaster

Oh yeah, no doubt that this build faces some major hurt from a good YoBuck squad.

I tried it out vs Phillip, who ran over me like a monkey and Used Dash to clobber Thrawn (who I probably left too far forward!)

A Lancer match up would be interesting.. Most likely would have to use Vader and Cad as swappers between themselves (ie, run vader 14, swap, Cad moves 6..) after the inital Lancer run down.

Join the FOLLY! Online casual League, find out more here: FOLLY

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:02 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

billiv15 wrote:
thereisnotry wrote:

Sorry Trevor if my comments seem rude, they are not intended to be so. But this shows a lack of experience with the match up. Yodabuck is the worst match up for this out there. It's a very tough game, and it's one of the reasons I very between using Vader/Cad and Vader/Zuckuss/Arica. The problem is in strategy.

Yoda goes and kills only the fodder that advances unless the Cad/Vader player makes a mistake. You ignore Vader completely with Yoda, and do not take AoO's from him other than for a kill on Cad. Further, you do it with swap as the second activation unless you are using mobile gallop through gambit. Once the activations are gone, you can keep Vader at bay and finish Cad. It's a very tough game for Imps when played correctly. Luckily, I've found very few players play the strategy right with Yoda, so it doesn't happen often. If you can avoid the AoO on Vader, and get to Cad/thrawn early, you do so. But this isn't necessary.

Now, if you talk about the Lancer, that's a different story. Vader works great against the Lancer provided you are capable of forcing it to strafe you. However, most good opponents will also have 3 IGs waiting, and will use the Lancer as bait in that situation, so it's not nearly as great of a match up as one might think on paper. The two lancer versions are basically toast against Vader/Cad however.

And against Rebels and NR, these builds work great. Vader's throw is key to preventing his attacks from being blocked when needed.

No offense taken at all, Bill. :)

I hadn't thought of the Yobuck matchup in that way yet, so your post was quite helpful to me. Maybe if we see each other on Vassal sometime soon, we might play the matchup? I really do need to start playing more often and more competitively again. Vassal tourneys, where are you?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:20 pm 

Sure, anytime. It's a fun game to play. I played my Arica/Zuck/Scourge against Weeks the other day, and I won, but that was partly do to a bad set up on his part that got his Yodabuck stuck in the first round. :)

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:19 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

billiv15 wrote:
Sure, anytime. It's a fun game to play. I played my Arica/Zuck/Scourge against Weeks the other day, and I won, but that was partly do to a bad set up on his part that got his Yodabuck stuck in the first round. :)

Stupid bespin map :)