logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Yobuck Vs Disruptive:How to combat it?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:04 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

So i have been testing a lot of Yoda on Kybuck lately he is a very agressive piece thats both competitive and fun to use. He becomes even more of a beast with General Skywalker/Commander Ahsoka/Captain Panaka, gaining momentum when he stops, Rolling Cleave, and swap respectively. But as all CE driven pieces do they run into a lot of problems with disruptive. Just tonight an 8 point piece (juno) shut down my entire operation for 3 rounds (general sky walker rolled a 1 on his kill shot on her). It got me thinking had i ran into double disruptive (rebels) or NR disruptive (Kyle or Han) how is it best to handle those given situations?

I also realize that non-disruptive teams (everything besides NR and Rebels or Nym) Yobuck can beat the crap out off because he gets to do his thing. The meta i am preping for i expect to see at least 3-4 rebel squads and 2-3 New Republic Squads for regionals (Atlanta) so i wanted to post the squad ive been testing here and see what input i can get from you veterian players on how to better use them.

51 Yoda on Kybuck
47 General Skywalker
24 Roron Corobb
24 Commander Ahsoka
23 Captain Panaka
9 r2-d2 Astromech Droid
8 Mas ameda
3 rodian brute
3 rodian brute
3 rodian brute
3 uggie
3 uggie

Basic plan is to have yoda charge in first round and kill fodder and rolling cleave to damage more things then swap for either a brute or another attacker to kill more things.

Any help is appreciated
thanks
david

Post subject: Re: Yobuck Vs Disruptive:How to combat it?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:42 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well, I would say put more focus on the disruptive piece. Once the piece is eliminated then you can just swap out, regroup and charge again. I also would use more force push. If you are in a situation where you need to finish the disruptor don't let it come down to a die roll where you can roll a 1. Force push them and kill them and then do your thing. Never underestimate the effectiveness of auto damage. If that means you have to use both skywalker and Yobuck acting together to get it done then team up. If this means that Kyle has a chance to base Yoda to try and get off a triple next round, then again, this is where force push is your friend.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:49 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I have never feared disruptive, in all the time it has been a part of the game. Zuckuss can pin Kyle, effectively removing him from the game. Then you just move around him.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:37 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

The Rebel builds should not be a big problem for you, as your best bet is to set yourself up where Yobuck only has to run 10-16 squares, and then you use both attacks on Juno to finish her off. If it's a Disruptive piece like Crix or R2PO, well, then you'll need Skywalker to do the deed with his 10-square Momentum/Greater Mobile. The trick is to set up your opponent where they don't have a lot of choices. Run Yobuck up just outside of Momentum range, and then swap in Skywalker. But make sure you're set up in a way that if your opponent choose to run the Disruptive piece and hide them, that you'll be able to take out something equally nasty instead. Rebel squads often stay bunched together, so it's not that tough to get within 6 squares of 3 or more key pieces and take them down.

As for NR, Han GH is a whimp, IMO, and you really shouldn't have much trouble with him. Set yourself up for one instance where Skywalker uses Momentum/GMA from outside the Disruptive bubble, and now Han will only have 30 HP left. Then you Double him next round for the kill, and then swap out once the Disruptive is gone.

If people are running BOTH Kyle and Han, then Boba52's example of using Force Push is an excellent one. You can run up with Yoda to get 2 attacks on Kyle, and then Force Push him away so he won't get Triples. Then you just wear him down. Roron's Repulse could be helpful here too.

Most people like using Dash or Ferus instead of Roron though. Ferus could be quite helpful against builds like the Kyle/Han one, so you can BG Skywalker or Yobuck for a while, or get off a big Momentum/Dark Inspiration attack on Kyle at the right moment. Dash with Momentum is fairly scary as well.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:57 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I Would run dash but ive found having at least some direct damage is fun (besides ani's push). Roron is a great piece that doesnt get a lot of action. I have tried ferus as well both work out great thank you guys for your input.

Follow-up question what is the toughest matchup for RollBuck?