logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Boba Merc with Whorm
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:46 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

So trying out Merc nonrebel or NR sadly for the first time (darn you riekan/tbsv). Here is what i got so far i need some input from you guys.

58 Boba Fett, Merc
49 Darth Tyranus, Legacy of the Dark Side
20 Whorm Loathsome
17 IG-86, Assassin Droid
17 IG-86, Assassin Droid
10 San Hill
9 BDO
8 R7
x2 Mouse Droids
x2 Uggies.

Now im not a huge fan of san with only 12 acts, so i could drop him for more fodder or even take out him, r7, 2 mice and 1 uggie for lobot to get my optimize on. Im also not sure if i need 2 ig's or if there isnt something better i can put in there place. I figure boba :Boba: can be my early threat with 60-120 damage most likely at +18 to kill things like doombot/ferus/leia early on and dooku to be my melee stud with twin repostes and lightning. Im just really not sure how to round out this team. Any help would be appreciated

Post subject: Re: Boba Merc with Whorm
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:03 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Nice squad. I really like Darth Tyranus, LotDS since he's just a great mini to have period and the twin riposte is really nice to have against other melee peices. Boba Merc should be able to cause all sorts of havoc by himself. I probably would keep San Hill to just make sure you can hit with you IG-86's opportunist attack, even though the lightning from Tyranus should give you plenty of options for what pieces you want activated. Lobot would be nice, but I find he's to easy to kill when someone brings in Zuckuss, BH. Its hard to have recon work when he's around. So I'd stick with your current squad for now.

Aliit ori'shya tal'din ("Family is more than Blood")
To learn Mandalorian, go to http://www.karentraviss.com/html/mando.htm.

Last edited by obikenobi1 on Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:23 pm 
Jedi Battlemaster
Jedi Battlemaster

Think about Dooku of Serreno.. same basic stats as LotDS, you trade up to get Makashi Style, while losing Renewal and trading FL 4 for FL 2. Not a bad trade off considering.

You've got a lot of static shooters (Boba and IGs) maybe something with mobile attack? (Lando DS perhaps?)

Join the FOLLY! Online casual League, find out more here: FOLLY

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:46 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Ruhk wrote:
Think about Dooku of Serreno.. same basic stats as LotDS, you trade up to get Makashi Style, while losing Renewal and trading FL 4 for FL 2. Not a bad trade off considering.

I'd have to disagree about changing Tyranus for Dooku. Tyranus has much better synergy. Makashi is really limited now due to Soresu Style Mastery being changed. Ataru is the only other thing that is ever really used. Niman and Shii-Cho are only on a few pieces and the pieces that have Niman are so weak to begin with, that is why they needed it in the first place. Force Lightning 4 is soooooo much better than Force Lightning 2. Let me explain: Force Lightning 2 does damage to target and adjacent targets. Not bad, but also not good if you or you mini's are adjacent to the person your want to zap. Now Force Lightning 4 damages only the target, and will pretty much activate them, giving the IG's something to aim for. 50 dmg is also really good for auto damage and especially when you can use it against someone adjacent to you and not worry about killing your self along with it. Force Lightning 4, just like 2, replaces attacks which is also a huge benefit. Sure Dooku has a little more survivability against numerous melee attacks, but hopefully Tyranus and his two ripostes with twin attack should kill whoever is hitting him, provided Boba is doing his job.

So keep Tyranus, because I really think he's worth the points. Dooku is also good, granted, but for synergy I have to go with Tyranus.

Aliit ori'shya tal'din ("Family is more than Blood")
To learn Mandalorian, go to http://www.karentraviss.com/html/mando.htm.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:18 pm 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully

Ruhk wrote:

You've got a lot of static shooters (Boba and IGs) maybe something with mobile attack? (Lando DS perhaps?)

I disagree as well with that. Stick with LotDS. The only way I would choose Sorreno is if I knew I was facing Vong.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:05 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

well the stun is very useful, as is master of the force 2, but with so many fast melee threats out there now i just think that jedi with parry have really gone up in stock.
Your looking at zaping once for 50 and a stun against 50/50 chance on any melee hit and at least one 30 dmg zap.

ASAIC they are so close to each other playability-wise that you can go either way.

As it is these days, i feel that both Seperatist and Empire suffer through being either outmatched for speed or out matched defensively with perhaps one or two squad exceptions.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:29 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I would likely change out the 86's and the BDO for Lando, DS and a Genoharadan, and a few fodder pieces.

There is no doubt, Tyrannus is definately the better all around option. However, if you thought you were going to face a bunch of Melee heavy squads, Serenno has the slight edge over Tyrannus when it comes to facing Melee heavy armies.