32 Thrawn (Mitth'raw'nuruodo)
16 Felucian Stormtrooper Officer
70 501st Legion Stormtrooper x7
11 Admiral Ozzel
8 R7 Astromech Droid
4 Gran Raider
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

(200pts. 15 activations)

30 Defense 501st's in Cover, 22 Base Defense, shooting at +16 for 40 Damage with opportunist and squad abilities. Fun Stuff!!! Was consiering adding Lando. HoT for mobile attack but I don't think its really needed. I could be wrong....

Last edited by Sith_Asassyn on Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Vader's Fist O' Doom
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:15 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Might go with the new Veers instead of Lando HOT if you want some mobile. People will miss attacks on those guys because of the 30 Defense. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:18 pm 
Hand of the Sith
Hand of the Sith

LoboStele wrote:
Might go with the new Veers instead of Lando HOT if you want some mobile. People will miss attacks on those guys because of the 30 Defense. ;)

Very good idea as always.. I forgot amout major veers existing already lmao..

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:04 am 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

I've been thinking about putting together a Vader Imperial Commander and Felucisn officer stormie swarm for a while now. Never occured to me to use the 501st stormies.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:13 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

LoboStele wrote:

The problem is that you can't really fit anything else in this squad without sacrificing potency. For "squad" characters, 6 is a minimum and 7 or 8 is almost a requirement. It's really not a good idea to cut to 4 or 5 because the minute they drop - and they will drop - they're little more than Elite Stormtroopers.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:10 pm 
Hand of the Sith
Hand of the Sith

Grand Moff Boris wrote:
LoboStele wrote:

The problem is that you can't really fit anything else in this squad without sacrificing potency. For "squad" characters, 6 is a minimum and 7 or 8 is almost a requirement. It's really not a good idea to cut to 4 or 5 because the minute they drop - and they will drop - they're little more than Elite Stormtroopers.

I know what ya mean... I could fit Veers in here if I were to lose my R7 and the Gran Raider. However, I am not sure if it's a good idea to drop override. I will test it both ways and see what fares better. Obviously this squad really functions best against opposing shooters, and fails to Kybuck and Lancer as they wont be missing a 22 Def all to often. I also realized that i didn't include Mas in here, although the Felucian will most likely be within 6 of the 501sts, and swapping in Vader isn't a priority in this squad. I may just drop 1 501st, the r7 and the gran.. Going for Major Veers, and 3 Mice.

Lmk what you think.. Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:13 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

IMHO the 501st's do best with GA Thrawn and Vader, LotF. Double attack, +3 +3 will get you more damage output (and while yes, 3 defense is a lot to lose...in cover you're looking at a brutal to hit anyway...so "standing still" and firing off two shots, then getting missed repeatedly and moving away thanks to Veers is wonderful.
I did a 400 point build based on the 501st, using Palpy Sith Lord to bring in some help from Republic...(though the extra points really only helps against forcies).
My 501st build would probably be:
Vader, LotF (71)
GA Thrawn (37)
Major Veers (12)
FSO (16)
R7 (8)
Mas or mouse droids (8 or 6)
and then whatever is left for 501st stormies (6 would be a premium...but with mouse's you'd get 5...)

With a build like that, you're at least looking to typically have your Extra attack, you're looking at 27 def n cover on a non-unique piece, so typically tough to hit. +15 attack with 30 damage twice, so 60 damage...and then if you get low on troops, LotF holds his own quite well...so a potential for 300 damage with 5 troops as opposed to your previous 280 with 7...and the 280 would be a conditional, the 300 would be much easier to pull off more often...plus GA would be able to give your stormies Ysilmari...preventing direct force damage.