logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Flobi and Friends
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:46 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Lots of Greater Mobile with a killer Ferus Olin to help against melee and help protect Kenobi.

--Flobi and Friends--
66 Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi General
33 Captain Rex
28 Dash Rendar, Renegade Smuggler
27 Ferus Olin
20 Commander Gree
8 Mas Amedda
9 Rodian Brute x3
9 Ugnaught Demolitionist x3

(200pts. 12 activations)

GMA Tripple twin from both Rex and Dash. Gree has GMA with Double for 30 dmg a shot. Ferus Olin is a great body guard with tripple attack with his Dark Temptation pushing his attack up to +19 for 40 dmg, giving him a possible 120 dmg. Flobi is great at getting where you need him with Suprise Move and SSM is a huge protection against ranged. Even the rodian thugs will be decent against clearing scrubs away with +8 attack and double attack. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Aliit ori'shya tal'din ("Family is more than Blood")
To learn Mandalorian, go to http://www.karentraviss.com/html/mando.htm.

Post subject: Re: Flobi and Friends
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:33 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Very interesting. Not sure it's necessarily better than the GOWK variants, but this is very well done. I would probably be inclined to go with Sev instead of Gree just for the Accurate shot, but I understand you're trying to get the +4 attack still, since you're not running GOWK.

Flobi and Rex is certainly better than GOWK and Rex IMO though. Might also consider going with a TBSV/Jarael combo in this type of squad as well. Could use them instead of Dash and something else. Not exactly sure what the best way to build that one is.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:57 am 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Gree doesn't get GMA as he is not a follower. So still good with Double, but very, very fragile. I would be inclined to lose him and Mas. Replace Mas with a mouse and throw in maybe an ARF trooper or RC Sev. Or both if you lose a Brute. ARF and Sev then have double and GMA and sealth, so will be hard to kill.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:22 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

wannabemexican wrote:
Gree doesn't get GMA as he is not a follower. So still good with Double, but very, very fragile. I would be inclined to lose him and Mas. Replace Mas with a mouse and throw in maybe an ARF trooper or RC Sev. Or both if you lose a Brute. ARF and Sev then have double and GMA and sealth, so will be hard to kill.

Rex's Commander Effect is a follows:

Allied characters with Order 66 within 6 squares gain Greater Mobile Attack.

Gree does count as a Allied character, so it doesn't matter if he isn't a follower. Only CE's that specify followers do not apply to other commanders.

Back to what you said about changes, I was thinking of getting rid of Gree, but I decided against it because he's a good shooter in his own right and he helps Dash to actually hit something. The Rodian Brutes also benefit and so does Ferus Olin so I think it was better to have Gree than to not have him. But yeah, I agree that this squad does need stealth. I have another squad with Flobi and Quilan Vos, Infiltrator and that seems to work well. Hopefully I will be able to keep Rex, Dash and Gree safe around corners to take shots with GMA, or at least put Dash in front to soak up the ranged shots and possibly negate them. That is however the point to Flobi and Ferus is to draw attention away from the shooters. If people ignore Flobi and Ferus, they will start to hurt badly because together they have a total dmg output of 160 per turn. I'm not to terrible worried about using Dark Temptaion early on since Rex or Dash can easily take him out if he fails the save and goes over to the opponents side, giving me an easy 27 points.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:56 pm 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully

I think it's a mistake to use Gree in this, since he isn't really giving his CE to much, especially when it leaves out R2 (which greatly diminishes Rex and Ferus.

So I suggest dropping Gree and Dash, and go with R2 and something else. One option I really like, is Zuckuss for 35. I also don't think you need Mas honestly. Flobi will be close to Ferus, and 2 mouse droids (saves 2pts) should be more than enough to keep Rex shooting 6 times in most cases. That would give you 41pts after two mice and R2. That could get you a couple of Sevs, or my favorite, a Clone Commander Cody (decent with greater mobile and double accurate shot).

If you want to keep Dash, and that's fine, just use Gree's points for R2, Mas for the two mice, and you have 13pts left to play with. Could keep Mas and just use an Arf (always handy for Recon), or get a double attacking Jawa Scavenger, or some other O66 piece.

But I really think you need R2 whatever you do.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:49 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Thanks for all the great suggestions everyone. Here's a revised squad with some of the new changes.

--Flobi and Friends--
66 Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi General
33 Captain Rex
27 Ferus Olin
23 Commander Cody
16 ARC Trooper Sniper
8 Clone Trooper
9 R2-D2, Astromech Droid
3 Mouse Droid x2
6 Rodian Brute x2
9 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

(200pts. 13 activations)

I decided to drop a uggie demo and a Rodian and put in Doombot to help with door control and to bring Rex into position, thanks to Bill's suggestion. Commander Cody is a GMA double Accurate shooter and the ARC is GMA double Accurate Sniper with deadeye if he ever decides to keep still for a turn. I'm not sure if the ARC Sniper can be towed and still pull of deadeye, but I felt he would be better than Sev since he has +10 attack and Accurate with Sniper, making things easier to hit. Stealth would be nice, so I might change that around when I play this squad a bit more, just to see if Sev would be a better fit, but for now I wouldn't mind having 2 accurate shooters that can take out commanders. The Clone Trooper is a person who can be dropped, but I put him in just because he uses the CE's I have available and he might just get lucky with Deadly attack. If anything, he can clear away scrubs. I can always drop him for something else, maybe a few more Rodians. Thoughts? Suggestions?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:06 am 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

I totally misread Rex's CE there. A silly thing to do as I tend to play him quite a lot! I like that new line up. I may steal it some time...