16 Elite Rebel Commando
16 General Crix Madine
14 General Rieekan
9 General Dodonna
8 Juno Eclipse
9 Mouse Droid x3
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

(199pts. 15 activations)

I love the double-Disruptive in this squad, but I think that in the national meta (Regoinals/Gencon) it might be overkill (local meta has become very CE/swap heavy, so this throws a wrench in that somewhat). The damage output seems to be moderate for 200. Bossk is nice as a meat shield, plus he can move and do 60 damage to an adjacent target. I also like Stun Mortar, and it synergizes well with Han. One of the main things I don't like is that Ferus isn't bodyguarding much (just Leia). I considered swapping him around for Luke, RC since I already have Madine in there, but I don't think Levitation is needed too much here. Maybe drop Bossk for Luke RC? Then Ferus is BG'ing Luke as well as Leia. That will also give me another activation, which is always nice. (But then I'd have to come up with a new name for the squad!)

I'm not totally convinced this is good yet, but I'm not convinced it's bad either. Any suggestions?

"You can't per aspera ad astra unless there's some aspera in front of your astra. And that means sometimes the aspera gets you." - Donald X. Vaccarino

Post subject: Re: Stunning Smuggler
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:24 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Well, if you go the Luke RC instead of Bossk route, I would drop the TBSV as well, as it would only be helping Ferus at that point, and you could use Luke's Levitation to put Ferus in place as necessary.

Don't know if you saw my 150 pt Tempted Smuggler squad I posted on Thursday, but this is fairly similar, just boosted to 200 points. I think the build works overall, but I've not really been a big fan of using Han Scoundrel and Princess Leia without either K-3PO or Luke RC to get Han back to safety afterwards. He's just so fragile that one or two failed Evades could really make/break you.

I definitely like the synergy of Bossk with Han and the Rieekan/TBSV combo though. The Stun Mortar, or 60 on the move is solid.

You could also consider dropping Crix and the ERC for Luke RC as well. If you're playing on the new Restricted Map list, you don't have to worry about the Snowspeeder so much, so the ERC isn't AS necessary.

There are certainly plenty of ways to make this work. One of the hardest things about the Rebels, IMO, is that their commanders are so relatively cheap, it makes for a myriad of successful ways to build the squad. All comes down to how you tweak it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:50 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

LoboStele wrote:
Well, if you go the Luke RC instead of Bossk route, I would drop the TBSV as well, as it would only be helping Ferus at that point, and you could use Luke's Levitation to put Ferus in place as necessary.

Don't know if you saw my 150 pt Tempted Smuggler squad I posted on Thursday, but this is fairly similar, just boosted to 200 points. I think the build works overall, but I've not really been a big fan of using Han Scoundrel and Princess Leia without either K-3PO or Luke RC to get Han back to safety afterwards. He's just so fragile that one or two failed Evades could really make/break you.

I definitely like the synergy of Bossk with Han and the Rieekan/TBSV combo though. The Stun Mortar, or 60 on the move is solid.

You could also consider dropping Crix and the ERC for Luke RC as well. If you're playing on the new Restricted Map list, you don't have to worry about the Snowspeeder so much, so the ERC isn't AS necessary.

There are certainly plenty of ways to make this work. One of the hardest things about the Rebels, IMO, is that their commanders are so relatively cheap, it makes for a myriad of successful ways to build the squad. All comes down to how you tweak it.

Ah, good point on dropping the TBSV if I drop Bossk. After adding Luke that leaves me with 21 points, and I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to put in there. Maybe drop the Ugnaughts to bring in Lobot for double override and the customizing option.

I agree that Han can go down quickly, so that's a good argument for getting Luke RC in there.

Generally I do play on and build for the Restricted list, so I don't worry about the Speeder too much. I like the ERC still as a Cunning threat to complement my big Opportunist threats, though, especially if I already have Crix in there. Dropping the two of them for Luke is interesting. I lose Override, but I can then fit in another 2 Ugnaughts so I'm good on doors still, or drop one of the Uggs/Mice to get an R7. I also lose double Disruptive, but like I said, that does feel like a little overkill.

"You can't per aspera ad astra unless there's some aspera in front of your astra. And that means sometimes the aspera gets you." - Donald X. Vaccarino

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:24 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Bossk being your tank works well. I think dropping him for Luke RC is a good idea. You lose some benefits(Bossk's better attack and hp) but gain a movement breaker that can save your main damage threat (han). So heres my opinion on it.

Drop Bossk + Juno + TBSV. 29+8+18=55.
Gain Luke RC + Ghost Obi 27+8=35

You lose. A meat shield/Cool ability. GMA for Ferus(not a big deal with luke/Leia). And one disrupter.
You gain A great movement breaker/someone to use ferus on and a boost for him to do his thing all game.

Doing that gives you 21 points to play with. Like getting another attacker(geno), another boost for han (bothan noble). Or just more rebel annoying stuff with r2 extended for double override and recon. even but juno back in for you double disruptive which i dont think you need.

Main thing id say is luke rc opens up a lot of possibilities like having ferus move and kill something then lobbing him to someone else and using leia on him, something you cant do with bossk.