logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Disintegration?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:11 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

I realize that this is an old topic but I've been trying to figure out something with regards to Disintigration, some help would be greatly appreciated.

What exactly triggers the effects of Disintigration? Is it the critical hit or it is taking damage? I've been going over the glossary and it says that if another character takes damage from the attack (ex. Bodyguard) it's the other character that gets defeated.

Would a character that is successful with a disintigration attack and have his shot thrown back at him via a Shield Bearer's Energy Shield/Imperial Entanglement's Vader's Relfect etc also get disintigrated? In that case which characters get defeated?

Post subject: Re: Disintegration?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:43 am 
Ugnaught Master!
Ugnaught Master!

darkjacen wrote:
I realize that this is an old topic but I've been trying to figure out something with regards to Disintigration, some help would be greatly appreciated.

What exactly triggers the effects of Disintigration? Is it the critical hit or it is taking damage? I've been going over the glossary and it says that if another character takes damage from the attack (ex. Bodyguard) it's the other character that gets defeated.

Would a character that is successful with a disintigration attack and have his shot thrown back at him via a Shield Bearer's Energy Shield/Imperial Entanglement's Vader's Relfect etc also get disintigrated? In that case which characters get defeated?

It is the critical hit which causes the "BigD," as it has been called. That is why it cannot be evaded, deflected, etc. Bodyguard is the rare exception, and I am not sure I know exactly why it was ruled this way, but that is one of the few ways to avoid it. The damage can be put back towards whomever made the shot, so, in effect, Boba could disintegrate his target, and himself die by the 40 damage coming back to him through a Reflect or Shield ability.
Does that answer what you were looking for?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:32 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Yup it does. So let me get this straight. If his shot gets thrown back at him both he and the target get disintigrated? What happens if I use a gungan shieldbearer's energy shield on an adjacent friendly? Would I also lose the shiedlbearer in the process or just the friendly who got targetted in the first place?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:54 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Nope. Bodyguard is the only one that can change who Disentegration affects. It is a specific exception to how it all other abilities works stated in Disentegration. All those others you listed only affects damage, where non-damaging effects are not affected, like Snare Rifle or Paralysis, or Disentegtation most of the time.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:22 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

So...all i'd end up doing is throwing back damage at the Disintegrate-er? The one who shot won't get disintegrated as well?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:41 am 
Ugnaught Master!
Ugnaught Master!

That is correct!
darkjacen wrote:
So...all i'd end up doing is throwing back damage at the Disintegrate-er? The one who shot won't get disintegrated as well?

That is correct!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:32 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Noo no no no

If Boba BH shoots at Luke & Yoda, and Boba rolls a 20, then Loda is Disintegrated. Nothing he can do about that. Now, he could spend the Force Points for Reflect, and roll his save of 11, and he makes the save. Now, Loda is still Disintegrated, but the damage from the crit is also reflected back at Boba. That damage is just 40 (20 x2 for the crit). So, if Boba fails his save of 11 as well, then Loda is Disintegated, and Boba takes 40 damage.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:40 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Lobo:

I think you got the wrong Reflect in there. Luke and Yoda would only send back 10 damage regardless of the crit's damage. Darth Vader, Legacy of the Force would send back the prevented damage but only on a failed save by the Reflectee.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:12 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Whoops, yeah, you're right. I was thinking more about the reflected damage from Molecular Shields or the Gungan Shieldbearer actually. Not sure why I talked about LS Reflect instead then, lol.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:13 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

OKay guys, thanks a lot. It's pretty clear enough now. ;)