logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Dark Times Question Thread
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:25 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Well, I figure it's about time to get this started here. I know the 'official' version of this thread is over at WOTC, but I know NickName checks here too, so I figured I'd start listing some of the questions I've got at this point, and others can add to it if they want.

Snare Rifle

How exactly does this work? Are characters affected by this allowed to take their normal turn earlier in the round as long as they don't move? Can they, for instance, make an attack earlier in the round, and then do their movement at the end of the round? When exactly is this movement done? After all other characters have activated, but before you roll the new init, I would assume?
How does Snare Rifle interact with AoOs? Would it stop a piece in movement like Yoda on Kybuck trying to Gallop past? What if the piece starts next to Zuckuss and provokes an AoO? The movement technically hasn't started yet at that point, so if Zuckuss hit, would it prevent that character from moving at all?

Steal Force

Can this character steal FPs from a character that has 0 FPs remaining (Dark Force Spirit precedent of 0 FPs minus 1 FP is still 0 FPs)?

Final Shot

If Dengar, Hired Killer gains Twin Attack, does Final Shot apply to both shots? I'm assuming no, but just checking. ;)

That's it for now. Honestly not too much about this set, so should be a short mini-FAQ which is cool. :)

Post subject: Re: Dark Times Question Thread
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:52 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

I posted this on WOTC site as well.

Will Major Maxmillian Veers count as General Veers since it is the same person. Without an errata I would rule no they are not the same. But this like so many others is an oversight or typo.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:11 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Hmmm...not really sure. I mean, the various Solo's all count as the same person, even if they have different titles (Rebel Hero, Smuggler, etc.). I would assume this would fall under the 'Title' category, and maybe it will be clarified in the Mini-FAQ, but it seems like a no-brainer to me.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:44 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

More questions on Snare Rifle. How does it interact with movement breakers like swap, Lift, force push, tow etc?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:55 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Location: Yes, I am yet another Canadian. Keeping the game alive on life support in the GTA.
I would assume the 501st Rapport with VAU. That's all I got for now.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:23 pm 
Jedi Battlemaster
Jedi Battlemaster

Does Turn To The Dark Side function like betrayal in that if the Inquistor is killed, do the character return to the original player's squad?

Join the FOLLY! Online casual League, find out more here: FOLLY

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:40 pm 
The One True Sith Lord
The One True Sith Lord

I dont think so Eric. It say until end of the skirmish.

Collection: 934/934

SWM DCI Content Manager

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:23 pm 

Darth Muerte wrote:
More questions on Snare Rifle. How does it interact with movement breakers like swap, Lift, force push, tow etc?

Swap is not considered to be moving

"The Sith are honest about what they're killing for. The Jedi are pacifists, except in times of war. They're teachers, except when it comes to telling their students the truth. And when they save you, it's only so you can suffer more." - Atton

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:47 am 
The One True Sith Lord
The One True Sith Lord

Bill has a question that everyone will love.....

I might as well ask it for him real fast.

Princess Leia goes and gives her Commander Effect to Ferus Olin (I guess Padme could do it too) During that he spends a Force point for Dark Temptation. Does the player using Ferus wait until it is actually Ferus's turn to make the save????

The force power says "+4 and +20 dmg until the end of THIS CHARACTER'S TURN. At the end of that turn, make a save of 11.

So that being the question if he enacts Dark Temptation on Leia's turn does he automatically get it on his turn???? Does he make the save at the end of his turn????

Collection: 934/934

SWM DCI Content Manager

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:54 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

dnemiller wrote:
Bill has a question that everyone will love.....

I might as well ask it for him real fast.

Princess Leia goes and gives her Commander Effect to Ferus Olin (I guess Padme could do it too) During that he spends a Force point for Dark Temptation. Does the player using Ferus wait until it is actually Ferus's turn to make the save????

The force power says "+4 and +20 dmg until the end of THIS CHARACTER'S TURN. At the end of that turn, make a save of 11.

So that being the question if he enacts Dark Temptation on Leia's turn does he automatically get it on his turn???? Does he make the save at the end of his turn????

I really want to know the answer to this. I already love the potential of Ferus.

Along the lines of this question, would Ferus have to spend another FP for Dark Temptation on his turn or would that FP still be in effect until the end of his turn? I'm thinking it would still be in effect.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:24 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

I think the intent of the power is to roll the save whenever he makes his attack(s). Personally, I would rule it as "he has to make the save after the attack granted by Leia finishes." I think it was never intended to be used off-turn. The wording seems to be directly copied off of Sith Rage, and the idea of granted attacks probably never crossed his mind.

Rules as Written, unfortunately, it makes Ferus a little insane, because as written, (to me), he wouldn't make the save until the end of his actual turn. Dark Temptation would also last through his next turn. Heck, what happens if he is jolted mid dark-temptation? His turn never happens. Does he not make the save?

Alternatively, I think Dark Temptation should be written as "Usable on this character's turn." This fixes all the potential issues of off-turn activations. Anyone want to e-mail Peter and ask about it?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:39 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Cybit wrote:
I think the intent of the power is to roll the save whenever he makes his attack(s). Personally, I would rule it as "he has to make the save after the attack granted by Leia finishes." I think it was never intended to be used off-turn. The wording seems to be directly copied off of Sith Rage, and the idea of granted attacks probably never crossed his mind.

Rules as Written, unfortunately, it makes Ferus a little insane, because as written, (to me), he wouldn't make the save until the end of his actual turn. Dark Temptation would also last through his next turn. Heck, what happens if he is jolted mid dark-temptation? His turn never happens. Does he not make the save?

Alternatively, I think Dark Temptation should be written as "Usable on this character's turn." This fixes all the potential issues of off-turn activations. Anyone want to e-mail Peter and ask about it?

But again, can you rule on designer intent? You can't, that's the problem. The way the power is worded, there is no reason it shouldn't work until HIS turn is over.

Also, I find it hard to believe Peter or Rob forgot about the immediate attack CEs. Leia has been around since A&E. The original Imperial Officer was part of the first set. Could it have been an oversight? Sure. I, for one, like the twist it offers.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:59 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Hence my last line.

It seems a little out there though. That's a really, really powerful ability, that doesn't have a drawback.

What's the ruling on Rage? If you reactivate someone, can they rage and keep rage until the end of the character's actual turn?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:11 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

This is some crazy stuff. I have to believe that DT will be "usable on this character's turn".
If it can be used with immediate attacks, the save will happen when the attacks are finished.
Otherwise, chaos will ensue :P

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:27 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I don't see what is the major issue. This is similar to the Stormtrooper Commander's CE, in which he continues to combine fire so the target can continually keep the damage bonus.

Based on the wording, which is different than Rage btw, if you use one of these abilities outside of the character's turn, the bonuses as well as the save, would stick around the character's next turn resolves. Of course, the rules insert or mini FAQ could change this.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:56 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

No, definitely not a major issue (note the smiley in my previous post). We'll find out soon enough. :)