Hand of the Sith

Sith
Cost: -
HP: -
DEF: -
ATK: -
DMG: -

Unique

Sith Spirit: (Ignores characters and terrain. Cannot open doors. Cannot attack or be damaged, and does not count as a legal target, the nearest enemy, or adjacent. Not subject to commander effects. Does not provide cover. At the start of the skirmish, choose a Unique allied character with a Force Rating. This character costs 1/4th of the cost of that character. While within 4 squares of this character; that ally gains Power of the Dark Side. (When this character uses a Force Power that deals damage, the damage is doubled.) This character is defeated if the chosen ally is defeated. An enemy within 6 squares can spend 1 Force Point to defeat this character; save 11. This effect replaces that enemy's attacks.)

Speed 4: (Can move only 4 squares and attack, or 8 squares without attacking)

Commander Effect: (Characters with the name Ragnos can be in a squad with this character regardless of faction. Those allies get +4 ATK and +10 damage on attacks, and +10 Damage when using Force Powers that Deal Damage)

Really need some help on the costing of this card.. id guess its about 19 points off the top of my head, but i dont wanna overcost or undercost it.. thats the last thing i need to add to the card to complete it and dont want to change it any further.. lmk what you think please.

Also this is the next custom I am planning on doing.. I will also be purchasing a digital camera tomorrow to show off all my customs and repaints. Just keep an eye out late tomorrow evening for that thread.

Last edited by Sith_Asassyn on Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Marka Ragnos, Sith Spirit Custom Card
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:09 am 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

Not bad. I would make a change to Sith Spirit -- Add something that defeats the "chosen" ally when an enemy uses a Force Point to eliminate Marka Ragnos (When you join the Sith, you join for life. :) )

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:13 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I think the cost would depend greatly on what your intent is with the Commander Effect. What are these other pieces with the name Ragnos? (BTW, should change that wording to say "Characters whose name contains Ragnos can be...")

I like Steve's idea though. Could do something like have a Save 6 for the character the spirit is tied to if/when the spirit is killed. Or, could do something like "Each time the Unique Allied character activates while further than 5 squares from this character, that ally takes 10 damage". Something to show the dependence on the Sith Spirit.

As for cost, I'd say 20 seems a tad high, partly depending on what the CE actually does. You're not granting Renewal, and the largest damage any Sith pieces have for Force Powers right now is just Force Lightning for 30 damage. Of course, I'm assuming you're intending this to go along with some of your other customs, which, if I remember correctly, include some 50 damage hitters, so, yeah, maybe in that case 20 points is about right.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:02 am 
Hand of the Sith
Hand of the Sith

I fixed the commander effected as suggested.. Although I think it needs reworded still.. I just ran out of room on the card. If I were to redo the whole card I may be able to make room but at the same time I think the card is fine as is.. Other than the last part of the commander effect being undescriptive. Basically i want the Disciples of Ragnos to be able to do +10 damage on attacks and force powers. I just dont know how to word it so that it works for both.

Maybe.. Characters whose names contains Ragnos get +10 Damage on attacks and Force Powers that deal damage.

??? think thats acceptable or needs reworded?.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:26 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Ahh, the Disciple of Ragnos. Duh. Yeah, that new wording would probably work for it. Not sure if that's exactly how WOTC would word it, but I think it gets the point across clearly.

Might consider making the Sith Spirit thing just grant +20 or +30 Damage on Force Powers, rather than double damage. Would make it easier to determine a cost for the piece as well. For instance, pairing this piece with Malak DLOTS, would allow him to do 60 damage with Lightning, so basically, the Sith Spirit is granting 30 extra damage. But paired with one of your other customs, might allow somebody to do 100 damage with 1 Force Power, or 50 extra damage. If you just have Sith Spirit grant the +30, then it would make more sense as a constant cost.

Or, could follow the route of Han in Carbonite and have the cost be something like 1/4 (rounded up) of the cost of the Ally it is tied to. Would put it in the 15-20 point range for most of your pieces.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:52 pm 
Hand of the Sith
Hand of the Sith

LoboStele wrote:
Ahh, the Disciple of Ragnos. Duh. Yeah, that new wording would probably work for it. Not sure if that's exactly how WOTC would word it, but I think it gets the point across clearly.

Might consider making the Sith Spirit thing just grant +20 or +30 Damage on Force Powers, rather than double damage. Would make it easier to determine a cost for the piece as well. For instance, pairing this piece with Malak DLOTS, would allow him to do 60 damage with Lightning, so basically, the Sith Spirit is granting 30 extra damage. But paired with one of your other customs, might allow somebody to do 100 damage with 1 Force Power, or 50 extra damage. If you just have Sith Spirit grant the +30, then it would make more sense as a constant cost.

Or, could follow the route of Han in Carbonite and have the cost be something like 1/4 (rounded up) of the cost of the Ally it is tied to. Would put it in the 15-20 point range for most of your pieces.

Actually that does sound really cool.. I really like the idea of the cost being able to be equivalent to the cost of the piece he's tied to. For instance my custom bane and him would be 1/4 of 135 so he would cost 34.. But if i tied him to darth malak dlots it would be 1/4 of 49 so it would only cost 12.

Maybe i should make it a minimum cost of 15 just for the commander effect.

Great suggestions Aaron.. keep em going. :)