logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Kashyyyk Mission
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:17 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

So I really like WFFs, and I wanted to come up with a good, but fun squad for 100 pts with the rebs as support.

It goes somthing like this:
Hantaun 27 pts.
Princess Leia 20 pts.
WFFx3 42 pts.
Ugnaught 3 pts.
Wicket 8 pts.

So you basically use Leia to give han another cunning attack, or have one of the freedom fighters make an attack once he's already used charging assult. This squad suffers to any kind of beat and big shooters. If you can advance without being shot, you stand a chance at killing Boba, BH or whoever. I orginally had Leia, Hoth Commander in here, but I decided the squad needs more power to deal damage, and the new Leia helps with this.

I don't know if the squad would do better in 150 or 200, but it needs wicket, some form of initative conrol, and r-2 couldn't hurt. Beyond that I'm not sure.

Any comments?

http://www.swshoebox.com/userSquad.cfm?user=sirstevee

Last edited by SirStevee on Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Kashyyyk Mission
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:52 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

SirStevee wrote:
So I really like WFFs, and I wanted to come up with a good, but fun squad for 100 pts with the rebs as support.

It goes somthing like this:
Han, RH 35 pts.
Princess Leia 20 pts.
WFFx3 42 pts.
Ugnaughts 3 pts.

So you basically use Leia to give han another cunning attack, or have one of the freedom fighters make an attack once he's already used charging assult. Han gives advantageous for the proposition of 40 damage with each freedom fighter. This squad suffers to any kind of beat and big shooters. If you can advance without being shot, you stand a chance at killing Boba, BH or whoever. I orginally had Leia, Hoth Commander in here, but I decided the squad needs more power to deal damage, and the new Leia helps with this.

I don't know if the squad would do better in 150 or 200, but it needs wicket, some form of initative conrol, and r-2 couldn't hurt. Beyond that I'm not sure.

Any comments?

There is one key problem to your squad. Han doesn't get an extra shot from Leia as he is a Commander. I would recommend throwing that Han out in favor of Hauntaun. This way you can add R2 also.

I have to say that I love this squad and would really like to play it sometime. WFF's are the coolest Rebels out there.

“Those with no tactical ability at all may never understand or accept it. Nor will such people understand or accept the tactician. To those without that ability, those who posses it are a mystery.” - Mitth’raw’nuruodo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:30 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

:lol:

My bad flea. I think that is a good suggestion. I'll edit the squad on shoebox. I think wicket may be a better choice, because the WFFs have a hard time hitting big beatsticks, and he may help more than ovveride.

http://www.swshoebox.com/userSquad.cfm?user=sirstevee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:31 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

SirStevee wrote:
My bad flea. I think that is a good suggestion. I'll edit the squad on shoebox. I think wicket may be a better choice, because the WFFs have a hard time hitting big beatsticks, and he may help more than ovveride.

Definitely, you won't encounter much override in 100 points.

Post subject: Re: Kashyyyk Mission
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:55 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Quote:

I have to say that I love this squad and would really like to play it sometime. WFF's are the coolest Rebels out there.

I agree. Being big and hairy I have always identified with Wookiees so I try to use them in my squads. The WFF are great.

I am going to run this squad at my next tourney. Unfortunately, that will be in January sometime.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:00 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

I also like running Leia, Hoth Commander with them. I like to see my opponent's face when they see a WFF come back from the dead!

So that could be an alternative to PL.

She giveth, and she taketh away.