logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Dean RPG - Next Session Planning
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:02 pm 
Jedi Battlemaster
Jedi Battlemaster

okay, so Bill is under that command of Jonny (woo!)

we wiped out the enemies.. but didn't learn jack. So I assume we're off to another shipping center. It should be safe to assume we know they will be hostile.. and we should probably try to get close before attacking.

I imagine that we'll need to capture another live non-scarred monkey looking alien for questioning. Remember to try both intimidation and rewards (freedom, money, etc).

Are we doing something with Dean on the 30th ? I was pretty sure Matt wasn't going to do anything.

Join the FOLLY! Online casual League, find out more here: FOLLY

Post subject: Re: Dean RPG - Next Session Planning
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:20 am 
Name Calling Internet Bully

And whomever might have control of Orin, don't move him next to the captured :)

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:37 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Kill phil is the plan

ok really i might have to play it smart. I say we try to get the job done again and not killing the leader this time.
then go get weapons and armor.

is there a talent/feat that repairs droids faster if so can we buy a droid with that feat or talent some time soon.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:11 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

we are playing
http://swmgamers.com/e107_plugins/calen ... 0.event.11

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:24 pm 
Jedi Battlemaster
Jedi Battlemaster

we doing Dean's next week again.. off to Hutt space.

We'll need some gather information checks.. i assume james and matt should have the highest?
knowledge galactic lore would be good too, to determine where on planet they would be.

jace has mind trick in case we need to scramble some more brains :)

I'm actually a handy character in most other regards. (use computer, mechanics, treat injury, deception).

I know it can be tough with so many players.. lets try to make sure that everyone does have a chance to do something during those non-combat times.. those that can..ORIN >_>

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:23 pm 

Orin should be the pilot. Not only does he have the skill, that's what his race does for the Rebellion :) And since that's about his only useful skill, we'd like to do it. That way there is no need for Orin to be interacting with others, which is, let's be honest, not his strong skill :)

Moving into Hutt space may mean some potencial space combat, so no reason not to consider our ship, weapons and so on going forward. It might be a good idea to find a base of operations within Hutt space as well, somewhere we can return to after missions.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:11 pm 
Flim
Flim

Well Dean asked us to start thinking about the grabbing of Zercha the Hutt. I spent some time at work today thinking about it and I have several things.

First, Dean- You told us to scout the location of the Hutt. Is this what you want us to do in game at the start of next session? If not then I will post several follow up questions.

Second, we need to address some way to move the Hutt. I don't have the Book in front of me but I think Move Object is against a targets Reflex Defense. If it is that should be a viable option. A Hutt should take negatives to ref defense and to Dex, so it a double whammy. However if I am wrong and its fort or will defense we have no chance. I think a Hutt gets a Will defense bonus and I know a large character their Fort will be higher. So other ideas would be great.

After we figure out how to move the Hutt, we need to decide how to get to him. I propose a simple Smash and Grab. For those of us who did Matt's campaign when we stole the sith artifacts from the Hutt, I am thinking something similar. For everyone else, I propose 2 teams (yes I know we decided not to split up again last night but this should work because we don't need to kill them). The smash team (Orin's Team) will cause major chaos while the grab team (3 people or so) go straight for the Hutt. Once we get the Hutt out the Smash team strategically relocates (read: Get the hell out).

Option 2 would be a Kill them ALL and then get the Hutt. This has several advantages. There will be no one to recognize us and we won't be split up. The down side is that we still might not be strong enough to Kill them all (just like our last two encounters) and therefore we will have to retreat without the Hutt, thus failing.

I also have several other plans to attack but that is based on the scouting, but I will wait to see if it will be in session or out of session scouting.

P.S. Chase, my plans hinge on all 3(?) Mando's being there, so will you be playing in 2 weeks?

EDIT: I also think that outside of the Hutt this is a take no prisoners mission so I think it is safe to tell Orin "Smash everyone but us and the Hutts". I think spending time for other prisoners is a waste, as we are going after the boss.

"It is the unknown we fear when we look upon death and darkness, nothing more"-- Albus Dumbledore

Proud member of the Triumvirate

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:55 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

I am working on my charitcher and his name is Tracyn Prudii. I do have treat injury and also battle analysis so we can tell if someone is below half hp. I really have not decided what i am doing with my last level right now. I will also have a jet pack. I have a normal heavy blaster rifle with the feat riflemaster so i am doing 3d12 plus special weapon specialization talent to i am doing and extra 2 to damage. So i am good for attacking or supporting

I do not think a smash and grab will work to well plus i dont think we will get as much exp as dean dont like the random killing thing. We should be able to get a lift rider or something like the thing they were moving han in carbanite with. Once we break in they will be alerted and we might have vong or even worse a sith lord on our ass as soon as the alarm is off. hopefully dean will give us the map he is planing to use and some of the positions were guards are placed

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:11 pm 
Flim
Flim

I think the Smash part might not have been explained the best. It is not random killing, it would be the Hutt's men, and by all means kill as many as possible. My idea was more like go in send 5 guys up the middle and wreck havoc on the Hutt's guys while 3 others head for the Hutt and get him out. It all stats once we are inside (our entrance is based on the intelligence we get). I agree there are several pitfalls for this idea but I also think it can work. Again the more Ideas the merrier. I don't think we would get docked any XP however. We will get the Hutt and hopefully the intelligence from the Hutt. So far I have learned that Dean gives out XP based on mission success and intel, we will get both if the plan works.

"It is the unknown we fear when we look upon death and darkness, nothing more"-- Albus Dumbledore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:54 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

we have been doing this for 3 weeks and i must say when has doing the direct approach ever worked with dean. that is not his style of gming. we are going to have to come up with something more than a smash and grab becasue as soon as we blow up the entrance we are going to face 20 people and the hutt will be transported out the back or killed. but until dean gets the map and what main type of people are going to be their and just becasue we know were he might be being held does not mean that is where he is going to be when we break in and hell they might even know we are coming if we slip up on our steak outs of the place

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:29 pm 
The One True Sith Lord
The One True Sith Lord

Brian I dont know if that is compliment or an insult LOL!!!

Collection: 934/934

SWM DCI Content Manager

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:06 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

dnemiller wrote:
Brian I dont know if that is compliment or an insult LOL!!!

consider it a compliment. i dont know about anyone else but you are making me think and think outside the box. the main road is never the way with you.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:10 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Since I have a super high stealth I volunteer to be whatever infiltrator were using.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:29 pm 
Flim
Flim

Move object goes against Will Defense and we all know Hutt's are strong in Will defense. So I think Brian's lift idea is the best. I don't think they have a stat block for that so we need to ask Dean about it. So right now we don't want to a smash and grab and I am guessing that we don't want to do a kill them all, so what else do we want to do?

Dean -- Do you want me to ask the questions now or in session.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:40 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

well if you really want something in the books you can look into galaxy at war for the tractor beam. it is able to move large up to 10 squares but it needs to be on a tri pod but with philip being large he could possibly use it with out one

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:46 pm 
Flim
Flim

Cool, good idea Brian. I think that might work better because I think think the lift might be hard to use if he resists. I am really hoping it is against ref defense.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:47 pm 

Orin agrees with the Smash part, and volunteers to lead Team Smash!

What we need will be good intelligence on his location and how to get inside. Once we are in we do a quick smash and grab and get the hell out. An actual distraction would be a good idea as well. Perhaps we can find some willing recruits to help us in that regard. Anyone have mind trick? In Matt's campain, when we wanted to steal a loader droid, Bodemaw used mind trick on an officer to order his men into parade formation. We might as well take advantage of Jonnie's grenades if we can.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:50 pm 
Flim
Flim

I have a whole list of intel questions ready Bill. And I was going to have Orin lead team smash if we went that route. I think good intel might make a smash and grab work. And I think we can gt good intel.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:45 pm 
Jedi Battlemaster
Jedi Battlemaster

Well if we're stilling we can throw the stealthy monkeys in a group. So Jonny and Gil are in for sure. Because of the new guys, I'm not sure who would work best as the third guy. Kurihan is all around useful, but someone else may work as well.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:20 pm 
The One True Sith Lord
The One True Sith Lord

your intel gathering has revealed that the map Dean will be using is the Bespin!!!!

Collection: 934/934

SWM DCI Content Manager