logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Dashade Heavy Weapons Expert
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:47 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

I came up with this idea as there is no real reason to play heavy weapon characters outside of the occassional Senate Guard. Also, it gives a reason to have a Dashade-based mini as a species that hasn't really been touched upon.

Cost 25
Base: Medium
Faction: Fringe
HPs: 100
Def: 14
Attack: 10
Damage: 30

SAs:
Heavy Weapon
Twin Attack
Knock Back (If this character's attack is successful, the target may be moved up to 2 squares away from this unit. Huge or larger are immune to this effect.)
Close-quarters Fighting
Force Resistance (On a successful save of 11 or higher, this character is immune to force powers.)

Commander Effect:
Followers within 6 squares with Heavy Weapon gain Knock Back and Jolt.

Dashade mercenaries let their weapons do their talking.

Edit: Clarifications of abilities added.

Last edited by Markedman247 on Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Dashade Heavy Weapons Expert
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:22 am 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

Impressive.
I would, however, change the Commander Effect to read something like this (or to include): Allies with Heavy Weapon may move and attack in the same turn. I would also think about losing the Jolt ability. However, 30-point (most Heavy Weapons do 30 points base Damage) Jolt could be interesting.

Post subject: Re: Dashade Heavy Weapons Expert
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:38 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

As much as I would like to have a Heavy move and attack, I have another idea for that which would be faction specific, similiar to the Ground Pilot (X) ability but for Heavies. So far the working concept is "Clone Trooper Gunner's Mate" but that may be a bit lame in title. The main hinderance, besides being mostly glass cannons, is their lack of movement but for some reason there wasn't a good reason to use them. This gives them a kind of reason in that you could potentially "railing kill" a mook on maps without having to rely only on force powers.

The 30 Jolt, outside of 4-Lom BH's 30+ Paralysis, is mostly to indicate that the victim got knocked down as well. I was thinking of combining "Knock Back" and "Jolt" but felt that it would be cumbersome to have an involuntary movement + save and then have to explain it thoroughly. I am however going to tweak the wording on a couple of things to be more succinct.