logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Atris
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:45 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Here's our version of Atris.

We originally put two Sith Force Powers (but removed Sith Rage) and two Jedi Force Powers to represent her Sith Holocron studies and her Jedi Mastery. This is the same reason we gave her Affinity with the Sith faction. Pretty straight foward.

The only thing that's a bit awkward is Juyo Mastery or the Juyo Style in general. I've seen it defined, and it looks just like Viscious Attack. I've read that it's alot like Vapaad, so we combined VA and Vapaad. If WotC ever defines it, we'll adjust the card. But tell me what you think of our solution!

She's a badass, which is something Old Republic needs. She might need a few points added. Maybe not.

The mini/art is the Jedi Guardian from the Old Republic faction.

Let me know what you think!!!

You can find our custom cards here:

DARK SIDE's Custom Minis Thread

Some cards have been updated recently after play testing, so check it out.

DC

Last edited by DarthChaos on Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Atris
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:39 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

nailed her! good job!

+1 Awesome trade on gamers.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:52 pm 
Jedi Battlemaster
Jedi Battlemaster

yeah, looks really nice. Good representation of the character.

Join the FOLLY! Online casual League, find out more here: FOLLY

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:46 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

I've modified the stats. The new card is displayed in the initial post.

Here's the original card:

Atris (Original)

Here's the new card:

Atris (Revised)

I'm considering lowering her cost to 43 or 45. Or just leave it?

DC

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:01 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

My only knit pick is what would be Juyo Style if she has Mastery?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:37 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Well, she has Mastery. I guess I should modify it.

So Mastery would be 18, 19, or 20?

And regular would be 19 or 20?

How's that work?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:35 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

I just want to make it clear that I wasn't jumping on you. I was just making sure that if you create a Mastery that you have to think of lesser version.

And that's the problem with Vapaad/Juyo creation. Vapaad spells it out that it's 18-20 unmodified for crit. Your Juyo does the same as Deadly Attack & Vicious Attack.

I wish I could offer enough information about either. Both seem to be about hitting a vital location for as much damage as possible. And since they both seem to almost parallel with very small differences, it's hard to split the two away.

So, not fully germaine to your Juyo style. I would say that let Vapaad worry about the die roll range but focus on the damage dealing possibility or maybe even activation indicating a truly devistating attack.

Juyo Style: This character has a critical hit on a 19 or 20 and does triple damage.
Juho Style Mastery: This character has a critical hit on a 19 or 20 and does triple damage. The enemy must save for stun, save 11.

Just tossing things out.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:31 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Markedman247 wrote:
I just want to make it clear that I wasn't jumping on you. I was just making sure that if you create a Mastery that you have to think of lesser version.

And that's the problem with Vapaad/Juyo creation. Vapaad spells it out that it's 18-20 unmodified for crit. Your Juyo does the same as Deadly Attack & Vicious Attack.

I wish I could offer enough information about either. Both seem to be about hitting a vital location for as much damage as possible. And since they both seem to almost parallel with very small differences, it's hard to split the two away.

So, not fully germaine to your Juyo style. I would say that let Vapaad worry about the die roll range but focus on the damage dealing possibility or maybe even activation indicating a truly devistating attack.

Juyo Style: This character has a critical hit on a 19 or 20 and does triple damage.
Juho Style Mastery: This character has a critical hit on a 19 or 20 and does triple damage. The enemy must save for stun, save 11.

Just tossing things out.

I didn't think you were being out of line or anything. :D

I like the idea of activating along with the triple damage. I'll work up the text and see how it reads.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:24 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Another idea is that the enemy get's a -4 Def from any attacks from this character for the remainder of the skirmish. This effect is not cumulative.. Something like the hit was hard enough that the enemy can't defend itself.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:52 am 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

I've been agonizing over Juyo. I don't want to make it WAY better than Vapaad, since they're linked. But Vapaad kind of sucks compared to Soresu and Niman and even Ataru.

I also wanted something that might work in conjunction with Force Supression. Here's what I've come up with so far.

Version 1:

Juyo Style (Scores critical hits on an attack roll of a natural 19 or 20; living enemies critically hit by this character's attack are considered activated this round, save 11)

Juyo Style Mastery (Scores critical hits on an attack roll of a natural 18, 19 or 20; living enemies critically hit by this character's attack are considered activated this round, save 16)

Version 2:

Juyo Style (Living enemies hit by this character's attack are considered activated this round, save 11)

Juyo Style Mastery (Scores critical hits on an attack roll of a natural 19 or 20; living enemies hit by this character's attack are considered activated this round, save 11)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:47 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

What if I were to adjust Juyo Mastery so it fit in with these:

Juyo Style (Scores critical hits on an attack roll of a natural 19 or 20; enemies hit by this character's attacks are considered activated this round, save 11)

Juyo Style Mastery (Scores critical hits on an attack roll of a natural 18, 19 or 20; enemies hit by this character's attacks are considered activated this round, save 16)

And gave her another 10hp?

Mid to High 30's? Low 40's?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:16 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

This may completely hose things up for you, but here's the definition of Juyo from the RPG book:

Juyo Style: Once per encounter, designate a single enemy within line of sight. For the rest of the encounter, your first attack roll each round, you can reroll the attack, keeping the better result.

So, how about this for Juyo Style and the Mastery

Juyo Style (You may reroll one missed attack each round)

Juyo Style Mastery (You may reroll one missed attack each turn)

That way, the Mastery version would allow you to reroll on attacks of opportunity as well. You could list Deadly Attack or Viscious Attack as separate abilities if you'd really like to have one or both of those as well. I think I did a custom character somewhere (may have been the custom version of my RPG character) where I defined Juyo Style as above, and I think it could work nicely that way. Imagine being able to reroll an attack for free without using a Force Point! Especially if you have Twin or Double, that would allow you to reroll both attacks with only spending one FP.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:19 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

LoboStele wrote:
This may completely hose things up for you, but here's the definition of Juyo from the RPG book:

Juyo Style: Once per encounter, designate a single enemy within line of sight. For the rest of the encounter, your first attack roll each round, you can reroll the attack, keeping the better result.

So, how about this for Juyo Style and the Mastery

Juyo Style (You may reroll one missed attack each round)

Juyo Style Mastery (You may reroll one missed attack each turn)

That way, the Mastery version would allow you to reroll on attacks of opportunity as well. You could list Deadly Attack or Viscious Attack as separate abilities if you'd really like to have one or both of those as well. I think I did a custom character somewhere (may have been the custom version of my RPG character) where I defined Juyo Style as above, and I think it could work nicely that way. Imagine being able to reroll an attack for free without using a Force Point! Especially if you have Twin or Double, that would allow you to reroll both attacks with only spending one FP.

I checked out the RPG and it's an interesting concept. Definitely something I'd like to try on a single-attack character. We're considering re-working Zayne Carrick, so something like that might work well.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:19 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Ok, we've tweaked Atris a bit more. I'm pretty confident about playtesting this one, so we'll let you know.

Thanks for all the help!!!