logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Bardan Jusik, Renegade Jedi
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:37 am 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Here's another figure from the Karen Traviss REPUBLIC COMMANDO series, which I highly recommend reading.

I think this version might be a bit undercosted. I initially set his HP at 90, then bumped it at the last minute. Mid to late 30's maybe?

I'm considering dropping Lightsaber Deflect and adding Affinity (This character may be in a Republic squad), though this version of the character is supposed to be AFTER he quit the order.

Our art and modded fig (pic to be posted later) are a combo of the Mandolorian Gunslinger's legs and the RC Training Sergeant's torso. It'd be less tricky if there were an easier way to remove the "breast" plate from the gunslinger without it looking crappy.

Basically, I just love the idea of a Mandalorian Jedi.

BIO:
Bardan Jusik, later known as Bardan Skirata, and even later Gotab, was a Human male Jedi Padawan to Master Arligan Zey. He was against the creation of the Grand Army of the Republic and addressed his negative ideas to the Jedi Council. He became a General in the GAR. He eventually abandoned the Order to join the Mandalorians, saying that he couldn't fight for a Council that approved the slave labor that was the GAR.

Let me know what you think!!!

You can find our custom cards here:

DARK SIDE's Custom Minis Thread

Some cards have been updated recently after play testing, so check it out.

DC

Last edited by DarthChaos on Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Bardan Jusik, Renegade Jedi
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:03 am 
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle

I think I'd bump up his price and give him Affinity for ARCs/Republic Commandos so it fits with his Rapport. I think I remember from one of your other customs that someone else does have Affinity for those, but it might make it nice to make it so you can use him and the ARCs without having the third party. You could also keep him the same price and even lower his price by making his CE where you can allow ARCs/Republic Commandos into your squad (a la Ulic) and that his "one character activates" only affects ARCs/Republic Commandos. That would cheapen him a little since it affects such a small population of minis.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:47 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

jedispyder wrote:
I think I'd bump up his price and give him Affinity for ARCs/Republic Commandos so it fits with his Rapport. I think I remember from one of your other customs that someone else does have Affinity for those, but it might make it nice to make it so you can use him and the ARCs without having the third party. You could also keep him the same price and even lower his price by making his CE where you can allow ARCs/Republic Commandos into your squad (a la Ulic) and that his "one character activates" only affects ARCs/Republic Commandos. That would cheapen him a little since it affects such a small population of minis.

Somone on another forum pointed out a mistake I made in the special abilities configuration. Rapport makes no sense UNLESS he can either be in a Republic squad or he is working with one of the two Mandos I made earlier, Waylon Vau and Kal Skirata, both of whom have a modified Affinity that lets you bring RC's and ARC's into a Mandalorian squad.

Rather than have a third Mando character with the modified Affinity, I'm going to opt for Affinity (May be in a Republic squad) for this version. It gives him some additional flavor, and prevents anyone from paying for the same modified Affinity 2 or 3 times. What do you think?

If I remove LS Defense, how much would the Affinity (May be in a Republic squad) add/remove from the cost?

I'll see what I can come up with for a modified CE!

DC

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:04 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

I've revised the character. The initial post contains the corrected version.

Here's the original card

http://darksidecomics.net/images/BardanJusik.jpg

And here's the new one:

http://darksidecomics.net/images/BardanJusik1.jpg

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:41 pm 

Having Affinity for Republic definitely does solve the problem I mentioned earlier. I do like the newer version because it can do more damage (Twin at 30 against an adjacent is not bad). I'd use him ^_^