logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Geonosis Arena Battle Played at Dreamers 10/26
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:46 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well, last night my store ran Leshippy and Friends' Geonosis Arena Battle Scenario located here- http://swmgamers.com/e107_files/downloa ... battle.pdf

We had 6 players for the event. James, Katy, and myself took the Seps and Abraham, Garrett, and Nikolaus took the Jedi scum. We setup everything and got ready to go. The first 3 rounds the 3 Jedi participants each controlled one of the heroes and we each took a beast and a Geonosian on Picador. The Nexu was able to reach Padme keeping her from escaping as well as the Acklay on Obi. The Reek, on the other hand, was not able to reach Anakin, so he was able to escape and hide behind a pillar behind Obi out of the Reek's reach (total Jedi move! :P ) The Acklay was defeated first due to a double team by Obi and Ani, but in return Obi did take a lot of damage. The Nexu got some damage in on Padme, but the Picadors kept getting in the way of the massive Reek's movements. After 3 rounds the beasts rolls were horrid. I mean 2's and 3's for all of them. This was the real game changer here as Obi was down to 10hp (and should have been dead) but escaped and a heal on Padme kept her at 1/2 damage. The 4th round started with Nexu and Acklay defeated and the Reek at full HP. Mace and Kota were able to get next to Padme and Obi and with Bodyguard there wasn't a whole lot Jango and Dooku could do but try and lower some HP with Flame's and Lightning. Now is where the chaos truly began. The Jedi poured into the Arena followed closely by the battle droids. A Droideka promptly crit on a Weapon Master who missed the deflect and some Jedi Guardians went down quickly, but that was pretty much the highlight for the poor outmatched Separatist force as they spent the next couple of rounds surgically removing all the droids helpers in the Overseers and Droid Commanders. The shots were getting through, but deflected all too often. Sadly, by the time Yoda and the Clones arrived in Round 7 it was merely clean up as all the Droideka's were toast and all that was left was regular droids and Supers. The seps were able to wipe out most of the Guardians and Knights, but Agen Kolar was the only Unique Jedi we were able to defeat. The Jedi did a great job spreading the damage around. The cursed Jedi win...this time!

Everyone said they had a ton of fun playing this scenario which is obviously the main victory. I would like to thank Les for helping creating such a fun event for us. It was so well received by our group that it tells me we need to sprinkle in some more stuff like this vs just skirmishes all the time.

As far as an organizer goes this was my first time doing something like this and I thought it went fairly well. I forgot Kazdan's card and my camera ARGHHH! Round 4 was a little chaotic, but once everyone was in play it went fairly smooth again.

As far as the scenario goes, it is tough to judge too harshly with just one set of data. I would love to here Les and his crew chime in on how some of their results were. Based on this one sample it would seem Unique gaining deflect was a little too powerful (though, obviously if they had missed more I may be thinking differently) Also if the droids had some Droideka in the reinforcements from rounds 5-10 that could have changed the tide. Oh well, it was fun I'll give you that! Great job guys!

Post subject: Re: Geonosis Arena Battle Played at Dreamers 10/26
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:55 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Hey Man-

It was great to chat with you this afternoon. It is great to hear that your group had a good time.

I will get a new document up soon that has the walls that I thought were drawn in, actaully drawn in. For those of you that have looked at the document the jedi are not supposed to be able to circle around behid the droids.

Of the times our group has played this, it has noramally worked out in a tie.

Generally the at least one or two of teh jedi have to worry about defending Obi, Pademe, and Anikan. They tend to get beat up and genearlly one doesn't survive. Then the jedi are worried about keeping the other two alive rather then attackign the droids. Not drawing the walls seperating the groups would also have a big impact.

Keep me posted if you play again.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:57 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Red walls have been added in

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:00 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Location: Aboard the Exocarrier Resalute, waiting to free all SWMer's from Tyrnany
looks god so far. Is there any more then this?

Member of the SWMRAC
Member of the Completed till the End and Beyond Club

Come rate my squads on Bloomilk...http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.a ... dalsiandon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:52 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

the PDF can be found here http://swmgamers.com/e107_files/downloa ... battle.pdf

The only question that Boba52 seemed to have was about the order once initiative was determined. Whoever wins INT picks the player who will goes first and then the opposing side goes and so on. So if the Seps are chossen to go first then the Jedi weill go next, then Seps and so on. Each turn at least 2 characters are activted, with a max of 6.

I don't think he ran into any other problems. He mentioned that all unique force users gaining deflect and renewalmight be too powerful. I have not found this to be the case. I will grant that certain jedi in this battle can and will hurt the droids alot. Knowing that though makes them the first to be targeted if possible.

I have not played this yet with the pieces released from GAW. Something about work and and a wife getting in the way. The battle droid sgt. is something that I will look at adding. I know they were in the scences in the movie. I am not sure if they will provide too much power for the droids.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:17 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Hello Boba52 It seems that you had a good time playing this game.

In case you don't know i'm planning to run the Geonosis Arena over the labor day weekend in Santa Clara,Calif.

My game will be somewhat different as i have had built an Arena now it's not perfect but people will get the idea/feel of the game i hope.

My rules are a homebrew set that my friends and i have put together and we used them for my massive Grassy Plains game which i've run 5 times,with the Gungans winning 3 of the 5 games.

Anyway my Arena Battle will feature most(but not all) of the named Jedi basicly we looked over Episode II Attack of the Clones and slowed it down to try and see what Jedi we can name.

So here's a list of the named Jedi that i'll be using in my game-

Mace Windu
Ki Adi Mundi
Shaak Ti
Luminara Unduli
Bariss Offee
Aayla Secura
Kit Fisto
Plo Koon
Agen Kolar
Coleman Trebor
Saesee Tin
A Sharad Hett
Deba Billaba
Adi Gallia
Anakin Skywalker
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Sora Bulq
Bultar Swan
Pablo Jill

In addition to the above named Jedi we are also going to be using other Jedi like Guardian's etc.

As for the BattleDroids go i don't have enough of the Red colored BD's so Tan colored ones will be used,heck i've got around 500 of the Tan colored ones.

As for Super Battledroids i've got over 100 of them so it should be an interesting game,i'll let you all know how the game turned out.

Gideon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:31 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

I am looking forward to see how yours game turns out.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:55 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hey thanks a lot Gideon. I can't wait to hear how yours turns out. I know my group had a blast playing with Leshippy's rules. Whatever you do, I know I would love to see you post a bunch of pics on here for us to see. I'd really love to see pics of your arena as well.