logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:35 am 
General
General

I will take off my support banner if you continue to advertise online discounters and undermine realworld gamestores and the communities they create.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:36 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

This is a Very Real store with Great people running it. Also man no offense not on a Power trip but if we want a sponsor to help pay for this and that to make this site better why would you hold that against us? We are killing 2 birds with one stone. 1.) Helping dean's LGS 2.) Improving our community. So how can this be a bad thing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:37 am 
Name Calling Internet Bully

Online Sponsors are a necessary piece of any forum. The site admin has control over who those are and why they are chosen. If you have a problem with it, send a PM to the site admin, Dnemiller. Making a banner is not a good way to deal with it.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:38 am 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Hmm, I see the boosters, but does he sell minis individually, like my LGS does here? If LadyH and I ever come play with you guys, we'll check it out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:39 am 
Ugnaught Master!
Ugnaught Master!

I'll comment on what Dean just said. My one visit to the store, my WIFE saw the IG-88, BH I was missing, and bought it for an excellent price! She knew the great value she was getting, and if a WIFE knows, how much better would we all know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:41 am 
General
General

dnemiller wrote:
it is a real world game store it is where I play!!! so if you want to take your banner off ok... do what you have to do.... I am not going to be told what to do... then what this just becomes Wizards.... sorry.... This is a brick and mortar store and if you can find me one that does not sell online also then that is great because almost everyone I know of does.... So really do whatever you want Menoth

Sorry if this seems a little direct or harsh but if you knew the amount of timeI spend on devoted to making this site awesome for everyone you would not be issuing ultimatums to me

I didn't tell you what to do. I told you what I would do. and I have no problem with stores selling online. None. Some people have absolutely no stores near them. I have a problem with stores trying to undercut every other brick-n-mortar in the country via the internet by discounting. And I'm glad they're a great store, really. But I am not going to advertise for an online discounter by advertising for this site. Unless you want to pay me to advertise in each of my posts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:42 am 

Menoth's Fire wrote:
But I am not going to advertise for an online discounter by advertising for this site. Unless you want to pay me to advertise in each of my posts.

I think that's the point, they are paying Dean in support for our website. Hence, our First Sponsor. :)

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:43 am 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Mamoth's fire you are way too greedy! They sponsor us which is always an up, I'm passing all those banners on to my friends who do not even have the slightest idea of demanding money.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:44 am 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Now that's a goal!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:45 am 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

I am glad we live in a free country. Free for people to decide what is right for themselves. Menoth, be rid of this forum and it's GREED.

As for the rest of us, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Congratulations and thank you to Madhatterr Games, Jim and family. I am proud to see your support for both the forum and the dedicated players.

Congratulations and thank you to Dean for his hard work and dedication to the forum and the the game. I believe he has, and will always, work hard to ensure that the integrity of the forum is maintained.

Congratulations to us. Yes us. The people who benefit from the hard work and dedication of others such as Jim, Dean and their families.

If you cannot tell, I for one, am glad to see people try to bring more to our enjoyment of the forum/game. As long as it is wholesome, and this is, I cannot complain.

Gene
DSD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:46 am 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Now that's a speech

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:47 am 
General
General

You know I promised myself I wouldn't get dragged into a "debate" here; that I would simply state my opinion (that's still allowed in the "free country" you're talking about, right?) and leave it at that. Sadly, I am weak and cannot ignore the fact that my arguments are widely ignored in preference of putting words in my mouth and painting me as anti-FLGS, which is the exact OPPOSITE of my argument. Let me reiterate my stance for those few of you who didn't bother to try and understand it:

- I LOVE FLGSs, I have been blessed with one of the best (IMHO) in the country here in South Jersey (Jester's Playhouse).

- I have no problem with online commerce; I engage in it on a regular basis and have even bought SWM singles from online shops and a couple of C/U DDM blocks from eBay.

- I understand that there are large swathes of this country and others that have no physical access to quality gaming shops. For them: online shopping. No worries.

- It sounds like the Madhatter games runs a great brick-n-mortar shop and should be commended for that endeavor. Absolutely. Period.

- Unfortunately, MH has decided to discount online when it is this very thing that hurts their realworld business (well that and MMMMMMMOs). But that's a moot point: I'm not here to tell them how run their business. Believe it or not, that's not what I was trying to do.

- Sadly, I cannot justify to myself advertising an online discounter (indirectly, via advertising this site) to people who may want to purchase product from my home-away-from-home (and tangentally others' homes away from home). After all, they could save 10% by doing so right? It was this fact that I would have liked to state (and thought I did) and simply leave it at that (which I apparently couldn't).

- I am not against sponsors for forums and websites as I know there are few things one can do to allay the costs of such an undertaking.

- I was tongue-in-cheek suggesting you "pay me for my banner" simply to make a point. It seems awfully obvious to me when I reread it, but I think 1 or 2 of you were looking to jump on a bandwagon too quickly to bother to see that, I'll use the :roll: and the :P and even the :twisted: so that no one has to bother thinking in the future :roll: I do think most of you understood that, though.

- Unfortunately, I do have to concede one point: because there is virtually nothing on that website to suggest it is a reallife store, I did believe it was an exclusively online discounter and reacted even more abrasively than my normal charming self (for instance, it wasn't meant to be an ultimatum, but that's how it came out). Again, there was little to suggest to me otherwise, but I will admit that the BnM aspect of the company changes my opinion significantly. However, I can't get around the notion of advertising an under-cutting competitor to potential jester's customers. You can hold that against me if you like, I won't it against you if you do. Of course, my opinion can (and does) change without notice and I may decide later that I have less of a problem with it than I currently do and I may put my banner back up (especially since I took the time to make it :P ).

- Lastly, I never intended to come across as though I have a problem with this site or do not appreciate the work everyone has put into it. I do not believe that I actually stated anything to suggest that, but some may have taken it that way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:26 am 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

We totally understand now, but if you think the discount's hurting them then exploit it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:07 am 
General
General

Strwrs429 wrote:
We totally understand now, but if you think the discount's hurting them then exploit it.

"We?" I'm not certain can speak for everyone. And I don't exploit anyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:09 am 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

well hopefully everyone will understand, then your not gonna help them notice the problem

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:17 am 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

banwith just doesn't tell you anything does it??