logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:58 am 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

well I want to see the other version with Orbalisk

I'm always up for new EU characters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:59 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Sithdragon13 wrote:
I dont think he would have dark armor. Bane had special Armor and they didnt give him anything. I think dark armor is a vader related thing. I dont see him having less than a 23 DEF. Not sure flurry is warranted either as we know nothing about his fighting abilities other than Bastilla seemed to hold her own against him.

I like Master Tactician and jedi hunter again is a bit questionable but it works. Use the force also i think is a bit of a stretch. Off of yoru build here is what i would think:

88pts
180HP
23DEF
+16 ATK
20DAM
Melee, Triple, master tactician, jedi hunter

Force 2, force renewal 1
Force sense, lightsaber assault, block deflect, sith rage, master of the force 2

CE: a possibility, but i dont know what it would be. Sith Dont really have to be commanders as there are no real CEs for them.

I think that is easily 88pts when all is said and done. Yours might be a bit undercosted.

Yeah, I honestly (as much as I'd love to see it) don't think they'd give a MotF2 character both block and deflect. I could be wrong, but even I thin that it might be a bit much. If they were going to go that way, I'd expect not to see Jedi Hunter to balance the defensive and the offensive aspect of the character. I would really be surprised if they gave him MT to be honest. Actually, I'd much rather see Never Tell Me The Odds on him. I think that would be more appropriate, however, I can see that as being a Han Solo-only kind of thing.

I do think that he would be a commander though, if any Sith was a commander, it was Revan. Oh! Didn't Rob SPECIFICALLY say that ALL factions would be represented in 2007?? Perhaps the release schedule for FU caused another set to be pushed back. Surprised he didn't mention it though...

ok, here's my shot:

Darth Revan 88pts

Sith
HP: 160
Def: 23
Atk: +15
Dam: 20

Special Abilities:
Unique; Melee Attack; Triple Attack;
Affinity (May be in a squad with Bastila Shan. Your squad may include characters whose name is Bastila Shan.)

Force Powers
Force 2. Force Renewal 1
Master of the Force 2
Lightsaber Assault 3 (Force 3; replaces attack. Make 3 attacks.)
Lightsaber Block
Lightsaber Deflect
Force Grip 4

Commander Effect
Non-unique followers gain +2 attack and +2 def. Non-Fringe followers within 6 squares may move an extra 4 squares as part of their turn.

Yeah, I don't know what I'm doing, it's sooo hard to try and come up with a balanced 88pt character without having something out of whack.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:16 am 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Well if there is an 88 point fig in this set, its probably either Revan, Luke unleashed, luke with yoda, or maybe even kota(but I doubt it).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:47 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Xanthan wrote:
Well if there is an 88 point fig in this set, its probably either Revan, Luke unleashed, luke with yoda, or maybe even kota(but I doubt it).
Or maybe Obi-Wan!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:20 pm 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

Posted this on the wizards boards, too, but thought it might get lost in a long thread. Anyone else catch that the Kidzworld preview now has a hint for next week's figures? I hadn't seen it before now. Right below the Uggernaut strategy section:

"Star Wars Miniatures - Upcoming Previews!
What's coming next week? Two dudes from the same cool place K-3P0 worked. One already has a fur coat, the other guy sticks to his white duds."

I think it might be Chewbacca of Hoth and the At-At Driver. Not as exciting as an 88 point piece, but maybe something else to look forward to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:24 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Uggernaught is lame...the sculpt and the stats. I suppose that is good though since I'd be pissed to lose characters to such a corny figure.

/rant

As goofy as this thing is it may actually be fun to play with since you have a crap attack stat and 2 chances to hit. It's just a glorified gambling piece kind of like the Gotal Fringer but it can move and shoot twice from a 6 square base. (minus the Disintegration of course)

Archives of the Gamers Jedi
is designed to be your official source for in-game rules questions!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:52 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

I think that the 88 point piece is definitely Luke w/ Yoda. I really don't think WotC would make Revan that powerful, especially since we really wasn't in KotOR.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:39 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

You are suggesting that the farmboy with a little green dude in a backpack will be the highest cost Huge< miniature in the game.

Actually... That'd be kinda neat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:08 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

I don't think that it's yoda/luke for 88 points. I honestly believe it is Revan and I do not like Revan. It pains me to say this....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:57 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Gemini1179 wrote:
I would really be surprised if they gave him MT to be honest. Actually, I'd much rather see Never Tell Me The Odds on him. I think that would be more appropriate, however, I can see that as being a Han Solo-only kind of thing.

Not sure why you'd be surprised if you played the video game, and especially if you played the second one. It is made very clear throughout both games that Revan was incredibly efficient at running a battle plan for the war not only with the Mandos but also with the Old Republic once he turned Sith.

(The crime lord droid talks about Revan's impressive strategies at length in KotoR 2.)

Though it's possible Rob may not give him Master Tactician, he didn't give Bastila the correct KotoR-interpretation of Battle Meditation. :(

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:00 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Boris wrote:
Though it's possible Rob may not give him Master Tactician, he didn't give Bastila the correct KotoR-interpretation of Battle Meditation. :(

Not quite Tales of the Jedi accurate either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:27 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Boris wrote:
Not sure why you'd be surprised if you played the video game, and especially if you played the second one.

Oh I quite agree, but I was thinking more along the lines of long-term application of the game and how one could probably argue a reason to give MT to a character in just about every faction. I just think that in the end it takes an important game mechanic out of the game. I would rather see alternative options and abilities that allow for other factions to combat MT in their own unique way.

Obviously the Rebels have NTMTO, but it really isn't necessary. More Opportunist for other factions would be nice, for starters.

The Revan fan in me might want Revan to be one way, but the game player in me wants Revan to be another way. It's a difficult thing to balance, that's all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:59 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Gemini1179 wrote:
Boris wrote:
Not sure why you'd be surprised if you played the video game, and especially if you played the second one.

Oh I quite agree, but I was thinking more along the lines of long-term application of the game and how one could probably argue a reason to give MT to a character in just about every faction. I just think that in the end it takes an important game mechanic out of the game. I would rather see alternative options and abilities that allow for other factions to combat MT in their own unique way.

Obviously the Rebels have NTMTO, but it really isn't necessary. More Opportunist for other factions would be nice, for starters.

The Revan fan in me might want Revan to be one way, but the game player in me wants Revan to be another way. It's a difficult thing to balance, that's all.

I would consider Revan a better military strategist than Thrawn. That's not fanboy-speak, I personally didn't care that much for Revan as a character in KotoR. I thought Jolee Bindo was a better character who would have made a more interesting choice had the game been centered around him instead.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:48 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

The 88 point figure *might* be the Redeemed Apprentice :P

After all, pictures show that he's capable of force pushing people through walls and columns and whatnot.....I'm not much of a SW junkie, but all the Force pushes I've seen aren't quite as brutal as that XD

Anyway, whats with all the Revan hate? I did some research on him, and he sounds pretty cool....like one of those typical anime characters that become "good" after treading the path of evil.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:29 am 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

I don't have anything against Revan, but a mini of Revan I would despise. I've said this before, the Custom Mini of Darh Revan (in the Lost Twenty) was a train-wreck that didn't represent Revan at all.

/rant

Have you read the Thrawn books? Nobody is a greater strategist than Thrawn.

I hate characters who go good at the end. Go evil and stay evil, or don't go evil at all. Those "evil" people who go good at the end were never truely evil.

/mega rant

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:36 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Fang wrote:
Have you read the Thrawn books? Nobody is a greater strategist than Thrawn.

Actually I have read the Thrawn series 3 times. And no, Thrawn was not a better strategist. Thrawn underestimated the Noghri's loyalty to Vader over everything else, and he undervalued them as a race.

Revan was a very, very careful planner. I think based on your comments of Revan-hate here that you are blind to the objectivity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:59 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Boris wrote:
Actually I have read the Thrawn series 3 times. And no, Thrawn was not a better strategist. Thrawn underestimated the Noghri's loyalty to Vader over everything else, and he undervalued them as a race.

Revan was a very, very careful planner.

I loved Canderous' speech on Revan if you kept talking to him. If you play as a female, it's extra funny as the text for Canderous uses 'Revan' as the pronoun, while the actor speaking continually says "...his tactics, his strategies... he would evacuate the defenses of whole worlds..."

Clearly Revan was a brilliant strategist. Of this the cannon leaves little doubt.

Should Revan have MT? Yes.
Will Revan have MT? Probably.
Do I have a problem with it? No, but I'd like to see a little more creativity. Personally, I think he should have both MT and NTMTO, thereby giving him total initiative domination. BUT- something else designed to represent brilliant tactical strategy would be most welcome as well.

Brilliant Strategist- Enemy special abilities that modify initiative don't function. After initiative is determined, all allied characters may move up to 4 squares. This movement does not provoke attacks off opportunity.

That would definately throw some kinks into an opponent's plans.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:03 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

(Brilliant Strategist) this is fine; having both MT and NTMTO is waaaay to much. It's also kind of a cop out stats wise. I'd like to see something original as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:22 am 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Grand Admiral Thrawn didn't anticipate betrayal from his loyal bodyguard.
Darth Revan didn't anticipate betrayal from his loyal apprentice.
They both failed to see that coming...and Revan had the Force!

I don't think Revan should have either of those abilities. Just a beast of a warrior with no CE.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:31 am 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

If Revan has master tactician, then that will be a great boost for the Sith, though they don't have many cunning attack figs, it would still help in many situations.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next