Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

When: Every Monday @ 4 pm.

Where:
Dreamers
3015 Utah Ave South
Saint Louis Park, MN 55426
(952) 938-8163

Come join us for casual play! All you'll need is a DCI # which I can provide you with. WOTC is making an effort to bolster organized play for SWM & we're doing our part to help our game thrive. You can help & also make friends, hone your skills & maybe get a cool prize. Check the lates posts to see what we're doing this week. See you there!

Post subject: Re: MN SWM
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:25 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Format for 8/31/09:
100 points
DCI floor rules

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:31 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Format for 9/7/09:
150 points
DCI floor rules (exception:players may start within 8 squares from the edge & 30 minute time limit)

This is an experiment to allow players to play more games & face more opponents & I personally will use it to field more squads.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:48 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

9/7 MN SWM Report from Dreamers
Format: 150 points
DCI floor rules (exception:players may start within 8 squares from the edge & 30 minute time limit)
The exception was geared toward being able to play more squads & more games. It worked well.

Game 1-
vs Jediabiwan2
My squad:
115 Grand Master Luke Skywalker
23 Jarael
9 General Dodonna
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

I got crushed against JA2’s GGDAC squad. I was heavily out activated & in that case (which will almost always be the case) Luke needs to be on his game & I only made 1 save out of the several attempts.

Game 2-
Vs Garret
My squad:
49 Darth Malak, Dark Lord of the Sith
28 Dash Rendar, Renegade Smuggler
27 Jedi Battlemaster
23 Jedi Crusader
5 Youngling
18 Ugnaught Demolitionist x6

I won against his Thrawn squad which featured a Noghri Commando & an Imp Sentinel. I think I just had him overpowered here due to an inferior squad design.

Game 3-
vs Jediabiwan2
My squad:
71 Darth Vader, Legacy of the Force
23 Jarael
18 Twi'lek Black Sun Vigo
13 Czerka Scientist
11 Admiral Ozzel
8 Mas Amedda
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

I won by 4 points in a very close game. I was aggressive early with Jarael basing his Magnaguard which was in a variant of his previous squad. I had the opposite luck here & missed only 1 save out of even more attempts. Jarael stood up well but eventually was defeated but did enough damage to make it impossible for him to defeat Vader who took point in the time left. Good game!

Game 4-
Vs Garret
My squad:
115 Grand Master Luke Skywalker
23 Jarael
9 General Dodonna
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

Bad match up against his Vong squad. Much better squad design by Garret here. This was a heartbreaker for me as I had victory assured even with losing Jarael as Luke was a beast but I made 2 stupid mistakes at the end which brought sudden defeat. Mistake 1 was to press with mere minutes left on the clock. Mistake 2 was to take an AOO on his Kel-Dor, BH whom I forgot had self destruct which put 40 on Luke taking him down to 50 to left. He then used Kohuun Infestation with his assassin droid & Luke with 3 attempts to save could not & that’s all folks. Good play by Garret though it was surely my own stupidity that lost that game!

I hope to see things back to normal next week though it was fun with just Garret, JA2 & myself the last 2 sessions!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:12 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Format for 9/21/09:
100 points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:19 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sorry, won't be able to make it 9/21. Will have to shoot for 9/28.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:28 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I would like to announce our first ever DCI sanctioned event on 9/28. This will not be a free event. Each participant will pay $5 and and for every $15 dollars we gather a booster will be purchased and you will take a miniature in order of placement until all the minis are gone.

Format for 9/28/09:

Progressive squad build. DCI floor rules apply. 1st round you will use any 100 point squad. 2nd Round you will use any 150 point squad. 3rd round you will use any 200 point squad.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:42 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

No casual event on 10/5.
We will resume on 10/12
Format for 10/12/09
250 points
DCI floor rules Unique characters only

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:22 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hey guys. Gamers launched a new spot on their homepage for downloads and the first item is a sweet scenario by Leshippy. Why don't you guys check it out and let me know what you think.

http://swmgamers.com/page.php?30

I am pretty sure I have all these pieces except I probably only have 1 Geo on Picador, though if you guys want to do the scenario I am sure we can make it work. Any way the best part would be no one needs to bring minis or maps to the event. Just show up and play!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:37 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Upcoming events at Dreamers:

Oct 19th Open gaming. I don't know if I will make this one, so if you know you are going to be there feel free to post an event you would like to try or just show up and play.

Oct 26th Scenario Event.
This will be a scenario of the battle of Geonosis Arena. All pieces and maps will be provided. This would be a great chance to show up and learn how to play.

Nov. 2nd Sealed Tournament.
This is a release event for Galaxy at War. DCI floor rules apply. $35 entry and prizes will be awarded.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:25 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Nov. 2nd Sealed Tournament. This is a release event for Galaxy at War. DCI floor rules apply. $35 entry and prizes will be awarded.

Nov. 9th Dynamic Duo Tournament. DCI floor rules apply. $5 entry fee and every 3 people we will buy a booster and divvy out the contents for prize support. Don't forget that Bloomilk as a nice feature for squad building for this here- http://www.bloomilk.com/Other/DynamicDuos.aspx

Nov. 16th Open gaming. I don't know if I will make this one, so if you know you are going to be there feel free to post an event you would like to try or just show up and play.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:17 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Nov. 16th Open gaming
I don't know if I will make this one, so if you know you are going to be there feel free to post an event you would like to try or just show up and play.

Nov. 23rd Proxy Sealed Tournament. Entry fee is $5. Prizes awarded based on attendance. Please contact me through PM if you want to play. We will be virtually opening a booster of Rebel Storm and Clone Strike and making a 100 pt squad using DCI sealed rules. Once all squads are PMed back to me I will post for everyone to see and we will start seeing who has the pieces to make the squads for everyone to play with.