logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Map question
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:13 pm 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

Okay in my 07 starter the flip side of the korriban map is enitled "Imperial Base" however this map is not lsited at all on the DCI floor rules,its not under legeal or illegal..So was this an oversight or is my copy of the map special being that only I have it :?:

Things i've said in the past that got dismissed and now are being talked about:
restricting formats by set
Some chosing not to play the game if and when another company picks it up without the current mechanics

Post subject: Re: Map question
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:25 pm 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

No. It's not an oversight. It's actually called Chancellor's Starship. You are referring to the reprint (on the other side of Korriban). Chancellor's Starship was originally in the Revenge of the Sith Ultimate Missions book.

Korriban is not DCI legal. However the Chancellor's Starship is legal for 100, 150, and 200 point games.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:07 pm 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

SteveSpikes wrote:
No. It's not an oversight. It's actually called Chancellor's Starship. You are referring to the reprint (on the other side of Korriban). Chancellor's Starship was originally in the Revenge of the Sith Ultimate Missions book.

then i guess i have a map with a misslabed name and a missing airlock :lol:

Some chosing not to play the game if and when another company picks it up without the current mechanics

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:02 pm 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

Are you referring to the "hardback" map from the Revenge of the Sith Starter Set?

If so, that map is simply called Starship. That map has the airlock you mentioned.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:13 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

www.the-holocron.com

Guides, Official Maps Guide

Picture says a thousand words.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:12 pm 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

SteveSpikes wrote:
Are you referring to the "hardback" map from the Revenge of the Sith Starter Set?

If so, that map is simply called Starship. That map has the airlock you mentioned.

NickName wrote:
http://www.the-holocron.com

Fine i will take a picture of the map thats says "Imperial base" that has no air lock that came with the 2007 starter,not the RotS starter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:53 pm 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

ender_ wrote:
SteveSpikes wrote:

NickName wrote:

Fine i will take a picture of the map thats says "Imperial base" that has no air lock that came with the 2007 starter,not the RotS starter

okay it is the starship map :oops: ,but its still LABLED Imperial base which is not listed in the floor rules,which compared to other things going on aorund would be the simplest change to the floor rules recommended putting it like either starship(imperial base) or something else because it did come up during a game on vassal agisnt someone who has been playing for 5 years and he didn't seem to know which map I was talking about when i won map roll

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:43 pm 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

ender_ wrote:
okay it is the starship map :oops: ,but its still LABLED Imperial base which is not listed in the floor rules,which compared to other things going on aorund would be the simplest change to the floor rules recommended putting it like either starship(imperial base) or something else because it did come up during a game on vassal agisnt someone who has been playing for 5 years and he didn't seem to know which map I was talking about when i won map roll

There's plenty of cases like that, particularly with the early maps, which that map is, despite being part of the 2007 Starter. The early maps simply didn't have a name. People assigned names based on what it seemed like the map was meant to represent, hence the common name 'Chancellor's Starship'.

DCI wanted something more solid to base the map names on, so they are based on what's usually the first word, starting from the left edge of the map, or the most prominent feature on the map. Hence the same map being referred to as 'Throne Room' in DCI rules.

Of course, this means you end up with odd choices like 'Plateau' for Mustafar, even though it's not the only map with a plateau, and the plateau is also not really the most significant feature on the map.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:25 am 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Where exactly is it labeled "Imperial Base" on the map? I don't see it. I do see "Throne Room" on the map which is what DCI uses. The DCI name must appear somewhere on the map.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:24 am 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

NickName wrote:
Where exactly is it labeled "Imperial Base" on the map? I don't see it. I do see "Throne Room" on the map which is what DCI uses. The DCI name must appear somewhere on the map.

lower corner of the throne room by the starting area, stright down from the arilock,i had hope to have had a pic by now,but my camera is having focusing issues again >.<

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:32 am 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

ender_ wrote:
NickName wrote:

lower corner of the throne room by the starting area, stright down from the arilock,i had hope to have had a pic by now,but my camera is having focusing issues again >.<

Yes, it's by the 2007 copyright notice. Bottom right corner of the room designated as 'Throne Room'. The 2005 edition of the map does not have that label.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:03 am 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

eMouse wrote:
ender_ wrote:
NickName wrote:

Yes, it's by the 2007 copyright notice. Bottom right corner of the room designated as 'Throne Room'. The 2005 edition of the map does not have that label.

the following fuzzy pics were taken with my webcam,since the digital cam was having issues

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:16 am 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Ha. Wow, it's there but much smaller than expected. Never noticed it. :)

Anyway, they can't use that as the DCI name because it doesn't appear on the previous release of the map in the UM book and the name must appear on the map for DCI. I can put it as the 'common name' in the map guide but it's kind of uncommon. :P

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:51 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

When in doubt....check the Archives!! In addition to NickName's excellent map guide on the Holocron, in the Archives here in swmgamers, under the 'Supplements' section, there's a thread for the WOTC Official Maps. For each map there, I've listed the official DCI name for each map, in addition to the more 'common' names the players typically use with those maps.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:40 pm 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

NickName wrote:
Ha. Wow, it's there but much smaller than expected. Never noticed it. :)

Anyway, they can't use that as the DCI name because it doesn't appear on the previous release of the map in the UM book and the name must appear on the map for DCI. I can put it as the 'common name' in the map guide but it's kind of uncommon. :P

That will be msot excellent,lol That way folks who pick up the 07 starter won't go "What the heck?!?" like i did when i was reading the map list and as for it being uncommon, well I am an uncommon player..... :P

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:26 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

LoboStele wrote:
When in doubt....check the Archives!! In addition to NickName's excellent map guide on the Holocron, in the Archives here in swmgamers, under the 'Supplements' section, there's a thread for the WOTC Official Maps. For each map there, I've listed the official DCI name for each map, in addition to the more 'common' names the players typically use with those maps.

BTW, I added the pics for the Map Pack maps to HOLOCRON's guide. As before, feel free to reuse them for the archives as long as you rehost them so it's not eating into our bandwidth.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:27 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

NickName wrote:

Board Index
Scroll Down: Fool's Center of Jedi Technology
ARchives of the Gamers Jedi (Supplements)
2007 Starter Set

Link: viewtopic.php?f=89&t=3857