logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Re: That Damn Fire Alarm!!!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:42 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Location: Aboard the Exocarrier Resalute, waiting to free all SWMer's from Tyrnany
Oh man, that sucks. Having somebody boost your stuff just stinks. It's funny my FLGS has very distinct rules just for the magic and yughioh(???) players. Because of problems with theft from those groups. For SWM and all the other games not a prob. And we have a great FLGS, it's funny to think I have no issues walking away with my stuff on the table knowing it will be there when I return. And if it's not it's always a mistake with a quick return.

Sorry to hear about the trouble you guys had.

Member of the SWMRAC
Member of the Completed till the End and Beyond Club

Come rate my squads on Bloomilk...http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.a ... dalsiandon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:20 am 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

The fire alarm was in fact pulled by people on the second floor who saw smoke comming up from someone trying to cook a frozen pizza in a toster oven near the entrance. behold some google-fu :)

Things i've said in the past that got dismissed and now are being talked about:
restricting formats by set
Some chosing not to play the game if and when another company picks it up without the current mechanics

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:49 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

You guys should see this:

http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthre ... ost4199103

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:51 am 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

Grand Moff Boris wrote:

yes,well i had to ask some one out of the SWM for thire thoughts....is that illgeal or osmething?

EDIT: and if i'm banned from here..then so be it......its been a nice read here and thanks for the help with my limited minis

Some chosing not to play the game if and when another company picks it up without the current mechanics

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:58 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I had no idea that was you until you said so. But I'm not surprised.

And no, you're not banned for it. At least not as far as I'm concerned. I can't nor would I claim to speak for the other mods.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:03 pm 
Name Calling Internet Bully

It's pretty easy why he said that Trapped.

Because when Dean got back in the hall, there were Magic players loading their bags with stuff from the SWs prize tables. Their response was something like, "Oh I thought this was promo stuff"......

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:07 pm 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

Grand Moff Boris wrote:
I had no idea that was you until you said so. But I'm not surprised.

And no, you're not banned for it. At least not as far as I'm concerned. I can't nor would I claim to speak for the other mods.

Well,thanks for not banning me, and i know that you don't speak for the other mods so hopefully they will grant the same mercy.

billv15 wrote:
It's pretty easy why he said that Trapped.

Because when Dean got back in the hall, there were Magic players loading their bags with stuff from the SWs prize tables. Their response was something like, "Oh I thought this was promo stuff"......

Well being part of a group that gets the "paintbrush" treatment due to the actions of smaller gorups with the same name,it juwt irks me when it happens,so i go forth and look into it on my own.

I know a number of magic players who aren't five finger discount types,and i'm asure we all know folks like that too.

as a side note about the casue Do not folks not read cooking orders? it says on the box do not cook in microwave oven or somehting like that :!:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:12 pm 

ender_ wrote:
Well being part of a group that gets the "paintbrush" treatment due to the actions of smaller gorups with the same name,it juwt irks me when it happens,so i go forth and look into it on my own.

I know a number of magic players who aren't five finger discount types,and i'm asure we all know folks like that too.

Obviously. No one was saying that either. But the fact remains, that in 5 years, the SWs players have basically had almost nothing stolen from our area, and in this case, some Magic players were in our area, stealing stuff from our prize table and were caught doing so. It isn't a far stretch to assume that they might have grabbed some other stuff before they hit the prize table.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:15 pm 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

billiv15 wrote:
ender_ wrote:

Obviously. No one was saying that either. But the fact remains, that in 5 years, the SWs players have basically had almost nothing stolen from our area, and in this case, some Magic players were in our area, stealing stuff from our prize table and were caught doing so. It isn't a far stretch to assume that they might have grabbed some other stuff before they hit the prize table.

Then i guess i missinterpeted things once again :oops: *hangs head in shame* Well since Its clear that I missinterpeded things, this tangent of the discussion is now moot.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:37 pm 
General
General

At the time of the alarm I had already dropped and went and finally found my wife. We were at the Mayfair 500 room area when it went off. She was getting ready to play a rail game. Well we exited the closest way to the Hyatt and were over by the church and parking garage across the street. There was like 4 or 5 ladder trucks and 3 or 4 other support vehicles. Wow

I thought it was just a hoax alarm until I saw one of the firefighters carry a hose into the building. Now that I have seen the reason for the alarm wow again. Why would you cook something yourself in a public place with food facilities available?

When we were allowed to come back in they were moving a guy on a gurney towards an ambulance. Don't know if He was burned or just stepped on or what. No noticeable injuries.

After I got the wife back to her game area I came back to the mini hall :shock: I just can't believe that someone was that low down to try and take the prize support and claim it was they thought it was promos. The thieves should have there hands cut off. I saw some of the stuff that was stolen in the previous threads.

Maybe we should start a thread for people to list what they had stolen and see what we as a community can help get back or replaced. If possible. :D

Khanbob42You, sir, are amazing :D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:42 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Gurneywars wrote:
I thought it was just a hoax alarm until I saw one of the firefighters carry a hose into the building. Now that I have seen the reason for the alarm wow again. Why would you cook something yourself in a public place with food facilities available?

Umm, because those items are price-gouged?

Common sense goes right out the window when you are dealing with gamers. I have seen people sleep in the convention center lobby and use the soap dispensers to "wash up" instead of getting a shower. I've heard of things even crazier, but no need to go into them here.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:11 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Side note Gencon found my stuff but wont ship the box to me. I have other plans set just thought you guys might want to know.
I felt my stuff out when prizes were given out after the championship. I left my box on the table.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:20 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

jonnyb815 wrote:
Side note Gencon found my stuff but wont ship the box to me.

Why?!?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:23 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

jonnyb815 wrote:
Side note Gencon found my stuff but wont ship the box to me. I have other plans set just thought you guys might want to know.
I felt my stuff out when prizes were given out after the championship. I left my box on the table.

why couldn't you say something eailier i know jedispyder is going up their for a concert and i am sure he could of stoped by the center if it is still their

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:34 pm 
Flim
Flim

Grand Moff Boris wrote:
I've heard of things even crazier, but no need to go into them here.

*Cough* Man dressed as Sailor Moon *Cough*

I did go over to the Link you provided. My personal favorite is this quote

"All CCGs or TCGs (Pokemon, Yugioh!, Magic) are like that. I don't think that it's that the players are more dishonest but that they have more of an incentive to steal. In many games, nothing of value can be stolen and sold in the secondary market. In other instances, the secondary market could be very small.

For CCGs, the secondary market is relatively large and the cards relatively valuable. I mean, for many people, a chase rare could very well just be a sitting $20 bill."

The way he implies that SWM is worthless and has no secondary market value is priceless. At least we know that he won't waste his time stealing our SWM and also we are still the Red-Headed Stepchild of WotC.

"It is the unknown we fear when we look upon death and darkness, nothing more"-- Albus Dumbledore

Proud member of the Triumvirate

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:20 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

jew3 wrote:
Grand Moff Boris wrote:
I've heard of things even crazier, but no need to go into them here.

*Cough* Man dressed as Sailor Moon *Cough*

I did go over to the Link you provided. My personal favorite is this quote

"All CCGs or TCGs (Pokemon, Yugioh!, Magic) are like that. I don't think that it's that the players are more dishonest but that they have more of an incentive to steal. In many games, nothing of value can be stolen and sold in the secondary market. In other instances, the secondary market could be very small.

For CCGs, the secondary market is relatively large and the cards relatively valuable. I mean, for many people, a chase rare could very well just be a sitting $20 bill."

The way he implies that SWM is worthless and has no secondary market value is priceless. At least we know that he won't waste his time stealing our SWM and also we are still the Red-Headed Stepchild of WotC.

I was tempted to create an account for that site and say something akin to "Don't hate me 'cause you ain't me"...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:38 pm 
The One True Sith Lord
The One True Sith Lord

well in defense of the magic players caught stealing the chris west maps.

They denied having them until one of the star wars players pointed out that the promo mesh magic bag they had put them in was see thru.

They did not give them back they were taken back from the bag.

Collection: 934/934

SWM DCI Content Manager

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:42 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

lol he was standing there with the promo and mapmakers map in his see thru bag and just going "huh" after we took them back he just stood there!?!? He didn't even leave!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:45 pm 
Flim
Flim

dnemiller wrote:
well in defense of the magic players caught stealing the chris west maps.

They denied having them until one of the star wars players pointed out that the promo mesh magic bag they had put them in was see thru.

They did not give them back they were taken back from the bag.

How did that dialog go?

SWM 1 "Hey you took our maps"
MTG 1 "No I didn't"
SWM 2 "Dude I can see them in your mesh bag"
MTG 1 "No you don't"
SWM 1 "Well then you won't mind if I take the maps, that you didn't take, out of your mesh bag"

Like, why didn't they give the maps back when they were caught. These guys would make the criminals who give out their address as rob the store look smart.

"It is the unknown we fear when we look upon death and darkness, nothing more"-- Albus Dumbledore

Proud member of the Triumvirate

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:46 pm 

I think his actual response was to wave his hand at Dean and say, "These are not the maps you are looking for". Unfortunately for him, his mind tricks only work on the weak minded :)