logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

Post subject: Preview #2 on the WotC page
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:38 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Maris Brood
Faction: Fringe
Cost: 49

Hit Points: 110
Defense: 19
Attack: + 9
Damage: 20

Special Abilities:
Unique,
Melee Attack,
Double Attack,
Twin Attack

Force Powers:
Force 2,
Force Renewal 1,

Force Push 2 (Force 2, replaces attacks: range 6; 20 damage; push back target 2 squares if Huge or smaller),
Force Repulse 2 (Force 2, replaces attacks: 20 damage to all characters within 2 squares; push back Huge or smaller characters to 3 squares from this character),
Lightsaber Assault

Kazdan Paratus

Faction:
Republic
Cost: 55

Defense: 18
Attack: +12

Special Abilities:
Unique,
Melee Attack,
Double Attack,

Affinity (May be in a Rebel squad),
Droid Mark (When this character activates, you may choose an allied Droid character within 6 squares. Until the start of the next round, that character gains Draw Fire [If an enemy targets an ally within 6 squares of this character, you may force that enemy to target this character instead if it can; save 11]),

Immediate Droid Reserves 30 (If you roll exactly 5, 10, 15, or 20 for initiative, you can add up to 30 points of non-Unique Droid characters from any faction to your squad, adjacent to this character, immediately before your first activation of the round)

Force Powers:
Force 3,
Lightsaber Block,
Lightsaber Deflect,
Surprise Move

Edit: by Fool (redone)

Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:39 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Kazdan's 20% chance per initiative to add 30 pts. in droids from ANY faction could be very interesting.

Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:42 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Especially with Rebel/Republic Recon/Anticipation...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:43 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

For Lobo:

Faction: Fringe
Cost: 49
Defense: 19
Attack: + 9
Special Abilities: Unique, Melee Attack, Double Attack, Twin Attack
Force Powers: Force 2, Force Renewal 1,
Force Push 2 (Force 2, replaces attacks: range 60; 20 damage; push back target 2 squares if Huge or smaller),
Force Repulse 2 (Force 2, replaces attacks: 20 damage to all characters within 2 squares; push back Huge or smaller characters to 3 squares from this character),
Lightsaber Assault

Faction: Republic
Cost: 55
Defense: 18
Attack: +12
Special Abilities: Unique, Melee Attack, Double Attack, Affinity (May be in a Rebel squad), Droid Mark (When this character activates, you may choose an allied Droid character within 6 squares. Until the start of the next round, that character gains Draw Fire [If an enemy targets an ally within 6 squares of this character, you may force that enemy to target this character instead if it can; save 11]),
Immediate Droid Reserves 30 (If you roll exactly 5, 10, 15, or 20 for initiative, you can add up to 30 points of non-Unique Droid characters from any faction to your squad, adjacent to this character, immediately before your first activation of the round)

Force Powers: Force 3, Lightsaber Block, Lightsaber Deflect, Surprise Move

Check us out over at Pojo.com

"It appears the Bothans have rooked us again."
-Obi wan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:52 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Very fun pieces. I wonder if anyone is going to be upset that Komari is obsoleted by Maris. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:55 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Oh i am sure EMR will be along to say what he doesnt like about these figs soon enough.

Check us out over at Pojo.com

"It appears the Bothans have rooked us again."
-Obi wan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:57 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Sithborg wrote:
Very fun pieces. I wonder if anyone is going to be upset that Komari is obsoleted by Maris. :wink:

Pretty sure Komari was obsoleted by the Human Force Adept... :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:10 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Kadzan will be very interesting to play with. It'd be fun to see the rebels summon an army of Darktroopers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:15 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Brood will be interesting to toy with. Definately stay away from the pits when facing her. She does suffer a little from what Komari suffered from, her low attack. However, with 4 attacks (6 with Windu) she is bound to hit something.

And I am happy to see Surprise Move return. Kazden will be interesting to play.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:16 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Location: Yes, I am yet another Canadian. Keeping the game alive on life support in the GTA.
EmporerDragon wrote:
Kadzan will be very interesting to play with. It'd be fun to see the rebels summon an army of Darktroopers.

I wouldn't expect bringing in Craptastic Darktroopers to be a very common occurance as that would only help your opponent.

Non-unique droids I do expect to see be brought in regularly

Bodyguard Droids
Crab Droids
Probe Droids
BDO
SBDC
R5's
Battle Droids
SBD
Destroyer Droids

I also Jawa's becoming a more popular Lobot choice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:18 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I don't know, a Phase II with a +10 Atk will be pretty nice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:20 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Sithborg wrote:
I don't know, a Phase II with a +10 Atk will be pretty nice.

Phase III with Missiles and 80HP for Draw Fire would be nice too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:24 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

So medium bases wont be affected by force push? Am I reading this right? If so that sucks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:25 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

It says Huge or smaller.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:41 pm 
General
General

Sithdragon13 wrote:
Oh i am sure EMR will be along to say what he doesnt like about these figs soon enough.

Mmmmm smells like bait.

As far as Maris, we get to see Force Push, there is not much wording here, I would love clarification on what 'push back' means. What directions are legal? What ending locations are legal, etc. The +9 is weak, along with her defense (just like Vosa). I think I like seeing her in a support for Vader roll in 200 B&B instead of the apprentice. Just think... swap, repulse (also works with K3P0)!

Kazdan - this guy is all about Reserves. I can't wait to bring in a Destroyer Droid then roll another and pull in BDO and the SBDC. I am glad we found this definition out, although I think it will also be on Han Coffee Table... roll some numbers, pull in 30 points of a Han Solo. However, negatives: He just is not worth his points, and any reserves you pull in also grant points to the enemy. You better roll reserves early again and again to make this guy worth it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:54 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Kazdan Paratus is actually facinating with the rebels. He can move 12 with Han in stormie armor, and then use suprise move after initative, and then 12 again. That's a HUGE charge. He's very mobile in the rebel faction. He is also decent by himself. Him and K-3P0 will make an intresting rebel build. Throw in something with recon, and watch the reinforcements build up. He can summon a small army around himself, with speed 8. He can move 30 squares in 2 turns, and then summon a crab droid or a bodygaurd or anything else. Very mobile! With the republic, I see nothing to get excited about. He benifits from the anticipation and recon there, but I think he will really do well with the rebels.

Maris Brood is basically a good Komari Vosa. She will make for some intresting options for shooters, because you can push your target directly into LOS for your shooters. Her stats are actually quite crappy for her cost, but she is intresting. I'm not too thrilled about her, but she's not too bad. A fringe jedi just isn't anything to get exited about I geuss, beucase they never seem to be good... :roll:

http://www.swshoebox.com/userSquad.cfm?user=sirstevee

Last edited by SirStevee on Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:57 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

She's not really a jedi. She's more like a jedi anti-hero. :lol:

http://www.swshoebox.com/userSquad.cfm?user=sirstevee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:14 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

emr131 wrote:
I would love clarification on what 'push back' means. What directions are legal? What ending locations are legal, etc.

I can tell you what I know but some of you won't like it. As I understand it, when you use Maris' Force Push/Repulse, you decide how the character moves and where it ends its movement. If that is in a pit, well that is just too bad. The character is in the pit and is defeated. Unless something has changed between now and August, that is. It's definitely going to make people think twice about character placement. (At least with the damage aspect, players won't be pushing their own characters around too much to get them in position unless it means absolute victory.)

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:43 pm 
General
General

Boris wrote:
emr131 wrote:
I would love clarification on what 'push back' means. What directions are legal? What ending locations are legal, etc.

I can tell you what I know but some of you won't like it. As I understand it, when you use Maris' Force Push/Repulse, you decide how the character moves and where it ends its movement. If that is in a pit, well that is just too bad. The character is in the pit and is defeated. Unless something has changed between now and August, that is. It's definitely going to make people think twice about character placement. (At least with the damage aspect, players won't be pushing their own characters around too much to get them in position unless it means absolute victory.)

I hope this has changed, as I said on the main board, imagine Brood sitting in gambit on Mustafar against melee...

As far as relocating your characters, I can imagine this is most useful if you have CS Maul or some other static piece and can relocate it with repulse to adjacency.... hrmmm, I need to think of all the implications with Nom Bombs... if they are all within 2 of Maris and you can repulse them next to enemies...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:49 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Or the better question: Does the damage have to be applied before or after the push?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next