logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Boba52 GENCON 2009 the experience!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:11 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I AM SO EXCITED! Got my badge in the mail yesterday. Got the motel lined up. Can't wait. For now, I am set to play in the 150 on Thursday and the Champs on Sat. I will probably spend some of Friday in the MTG area, but the rest of the time meeting you guys, hangin with Christopher West and this-

I will be selling JediCartographer's Map Pack 2 at GENCON for $20. You saw that right. $20. That is $2.50 a map for 8 maps. WOW! Find me at GENCON. I would love to meet all of you. :D

Post subject: Re: Boba52 GENCON 2009 the experience!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:18 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Woah, snap, I may pick up an extra one at that price. A couple of mine got slightly messed up, and I could replace them, and then have some extras to give to some of the other players back home.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:08 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I wouldn't mind to have a couple of extras, either. Would be good for my LGS to have them.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:35 am 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

OK, thats worked out now. Everything is cool.

Map Pack 2 will be 20 Dollars at GenCon. This is a GenCon only offer.

The truth is I gotta get rid of stuff,I'm moving in 2 weeks, and I just need to clear my house. That's why I'm selling them so low. MapPack 2 is an overstock product thats run its course. At this point I would trade it for C/UC's from Jedi Academy. I need to make room for Mos Eisley Meltdown, and Map Pack 3.

"Micro-managment Breeds Incompetence"

Being a Star Wars Miniatures Hall of Famer is a Responsibilty Not a Priveledge.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:28 pm 
Jedi Battlemaster
Jedi Battlemaster

ooo, looks like I'll be coming home with lots of new maps!

Join the FOLLY! Online casual League, find out more here: FOLLY

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:02 am 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

I just earmarked 20$ for a set of those maps...I've never even seen a hard copy of any of them, as it is a SWM wasteland here in Central Pa. We have to drive over an hour to 1 venue, and 2.5 to another just to play DCI. Looking forward to meeting you all.

Being organized is for people who are too lazy to look for their stuff.

Lasers make everything better... except Alderaan.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:08 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

OK so I have exchanged cell #'s with Dvader831 and Leshippy so far. If anyone else wants to share digits, so they can track me down send me a PM or I am sure I will meet most of you someway in the hall.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:20 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

OK, so I'm all packed. Snacks? check. Drinks? check. clothes? check. Camera? check. (I wonder how long it will take the wife to notice I have it? :twisted: ) Bathroom junk? check. tix check?. Money? double check. Sweet new GPS system that's on sale at Target this week for $88 (if you don't have a GPS go get one NOW! they are sweet) Check. Oh wait. Minis? check. lol Maps? check.

Ok now to leave at 4am Central...Oy vey...to be able to meet up with Dean and Ray at the hotel around 3ish PM.

Looks like the chick-in-the-box is sending me through Chicago. Anybody have any ideas on how much change I need for tolls? $5 in quarters good enough?

SEE YOU ALL THERE! :D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:53 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

$5 sounds roughly enough from the last time I went through there. Probably want to have a few 1's on hand just in case though. Most of the tolls were $0.80 I believe. If you've got Bill's number you could always give him a call to get a better idea. ;)

Drive safe!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:33 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

See ya later today.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:06 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well, I have had like 4 hours of sleep the last two days and yet here I am at 7AM on the internet cause I can't sleep! :shock:

I am having a great time. Wed the day before GENCON met alot of folks and played RPG with Lobo and the crew and had a great time.

Yesterday, Thurs. was the first official day and wow is it a huge event. Played in the 150 constructed and went 3-1 with my only loss coming against Matt Hanson (Knightswhosayni) who finished the 150 and 200 8-0, so I am ecstatic! Matt's game against me was a mirror speeder match and luck was not my friend.

All I can say is wow the Snowspeeder is everywhere in 150. This irritated alot of folks, so I am really looking forward to seeing what changes are made for the champs on Sat.

Next I saw the Teth Mass battle with the surprise of the new Rex and Assajj from GAW being played on their respective teams.

Got to meet Mr. West (Mapmaker) and see the Dagobah map (which is AWESOME) I went a little crazy and bought a bunch of his starship map and brought a bunch of my old ones and made him sign them all. lol

The dealer hall is EPIC. It is like 3 football fields long packed full of vendors and craziness. It took 15 minutes just to walk through without looking at anything to get to Chris West who was on the other side of the hall. Will be spending alot of time in there today exploring. Hope I don't spend all of JC's money lol. Speaking of that we sold 21 maps just today, so I am very excited for what the next 2 days hold.

Other sweet news is they are selling the Caves of Ilum mappack! I like the maps, but don't think they will receive the DCI blessing. We'll see.

Wow all this and it was only one official day! :P

Wish you were all here.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:12 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Thanks Boba52!! Sounds like you're already having a blast!! I'll make sure to cheer those Vikes on for you tonight :)

I think its awesome that the Gencon folk got the 1st look at a couple Galaxy at War pieces.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:20 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well I returned from my 14 hour drive to MN at about 6:30am and got to sleep for about 5 hours (which felt like a week!)

Wow I don't even know where to begin. Meeting a ton of people was just incredible. Everyone is so nice and was very fun to play. I totally went to into this Con thinking I was a scrub player and was their to have fun and represent the casual players. I went 3-1 in the 150 tourny with the highlight beating James_Wys two time regional winner and my only loss coming to the toury winner Matt Hanson. Sorry James, but wow was that a big deal for me and my confidence. Friday, saw me enter the 100 tourny at the last minute with a squad I never played before and got owned the first 2 games before figuring it out and going 2-2. I didn't play in the 200 Jedi challenge tourny cause well I knew it would be a 6 hour commitment and I suck at 200. :P Later I find out that an awesome guy named Rueben went 11-1 and his only loss was to me, so that pumped me up as well. I then played in the first ever 200 Team tourny as a last minute sub for Leshippy and Nate. I figured that we would just play some games and have some fun and I didn't have anything better to do Friday night. Well, we started 2-0 and the third match I heard someway say "Wow it is going to be a tough time beating Boba52's team" and I was like yeah right since when did Boba52 and DCI strike fear into anyone LMAO! Well we end up winning the thing (I still cannot fathom) ... Boba52 Gencon Champion lol. Wow. We all get a complete set of IE for our trouble. This was awesome, but it also made it so I didn't get to bed until. 3:45 AM, so I am getting 3 hours of sleep before I have to get up and play the Championship. I end up 4-3 (making 2 mental errors that are 2 losses thanks to no sleep, but that is OK) and finishing 22nd. Wow what a blast. I will be putting these into the tourney report section later, so more detail to follow. It was awesome hanging out with everyone. I especially enjoyed spending the whole 5 days hanging out with Jorrus, Dvader, Eruthelo, Dean and Company. You guys all rock!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:47 pm 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

I had a fun time meeting you and playing you in the 150. Great job on your team win :D.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:24 pm 
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle

It was definitely fun meeting and chatting in real life! Especially helping you and Joruus during Lobo's RPG, that was hilarious. Especially you playing the spin where the character had multiple personalities which got you off the hook after Joruus attacked our own players on purpose, lol!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:58 pm 
Jedi Battlemaster
Jedi Battlemaster

It was a pleasure to meet and hang out with you during the weekend Chris. It was just awesome that you won the Team Event!

Join the FOLLY! Online casual League, find out more here: FOLLY

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:01 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ruhk wrote:
It was a pleasure to meet and hang out with you during the weekend Chris. It was just awesome that you won the Team Event!

It was awesome getting to hang out with Team Canada! I can honestly say the you, TINT, and Fool have changed my life. I would never have went to GENCON without knowing you guys on these forums. Canada rocks!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:50 pm 
General
General

Boba52 wrote:
Ruhk wrote:

It was awesome getting to hang out with Team Canada! I can honestly say the you, TINT, and Fool have changed my life. I would never have went to GENCON without knowing you guys on these forums. Canada rocks!

Alberta in particular ;)

{11111111011][7777777777777777777777777777777
<(HHHHHQXX)=(77777777777777777777777777777777

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:37 am 
General
General

Congrats on the win, Boba! It was great meeting you! :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:20 pm 
The Godfather
The Godfather

I am really glad that you had a good time. Great win. The team game was a new format that really went over big.