logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Re: GVT 5.0: Rebel Storm Results!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:01 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Ok gurney and I finally finished our match. We played on Death Star. We finished the game we started a couple weeks ago, i was ahead on points but had mara and veers hurting and he had mara and lom at full health. Tonight ended at when i hit 200 points. He stil lhad a 50pt 4lom and a tusken raider, i had a nearly dead mara and ST officer, greedo, rebel commando, assassin, and an ST. Was good game, thanks Gurn.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:46 pm 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

Posting results from game Chabs vs Yodarulz, Chabs Wins 200-171 in a real intense game.

First of all I want to say that we played cause fool made a mistake cause Yoda beat Kast Iron in the last round but in the bracket appeared me vs Kast, but my real oponent was Yoda.

Yoda won map roll (which was the same lol ) and I picked left side cause my idea was to gain gambit in first round, so he will come to me cause of the center control, then i opened the door next to gambit zone, so yoda opened the door with boba and blated him, and then i made my first mistake by not placing Vader adyacent to boba so lost one move, but on round 2 I got a crit on Boba and killed his pilot with a sweep and like Yoda said, "It was all red" lol

I took control of the center zone with my troops (Gambit) and killed all his troops except by IG who took 40 dmg, and his Quarren assasin, with 20 hp, which finished in his upper deployment zone, and i had my comanders, quarren A and a stormie. Ehich gave me and advantage point of 182-171, when he made a mistake by opening the door with the aqualish who got blasted, giving me the win :)

Yay really was a cardiac game bro.

Good Luck on ur next matches. HOOT-HOOT

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:29 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

***Updated***

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:34 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Losers bracket: tint defeats Kast Iron
We played on the Death Star, with me starting on the left and Kast on the right.

I finished the game with nothing but a 30 hp Boba Fett. Yep, this one was super close.

We started shooting already in the second round. Our grunts on both sides were shooting really well, getting lots of 16+ rolls. Highlights: Kast's Obiwan ran up at the end of a round, and then won init the next round to move up and sweep 3 of my guys, killing them all. Boba responded by putting the last 40dmg on Mara. Later, my Rebel Commando grenaded Kast's Chewie and 2 grunts (a Stormie and a 10 hp Elite Snowie), and Kast failed all 3 saves. He kept picking off my door openers, though (Lando, Stormie x2, Stormtrooper Officer)...poor guys. Boba missed 4 times vs 4LOM, needing 6s to hit. Then my Heavy Stormtrooper hit Obiwan on the Imperial Officer's CE shot...then killed Obiwan after I won init the next round...then rolled a 20 vs 4 Lom, then next round rolled another 20 vs 4 Lom (yep, that's 60dmg prevented by being a droid)...man, that Heavy was my MVP....Eventually my MVP died to a Chewie Momentum (and cleave into Boba)...but then Chewie eventually died to a bunch of Boba shots over the next few rounds while Kast's grunts couldn't hit Boba's 24 defense in cover. If it weren't for my Heavy ST hitting all those shots, I sincerely think I would've lost. Great game, Kast!

I've gotta say: this game was a total blast to play! Kast Iron is and remains one of the most enjoyable to people to play with on Vassal. Thanks much for the game, sir!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:19 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

thereisnotry wrote:
Losers bracket: tint defeats Kast Iron
We played on the Death Star, with me starting on the left and Kast on the right.

I finished the game with nothing but a 30 hp Boba Fett. Yep, this one was super close.

We started shooting already in the second round. Our grunts on both sides were shooting really well, getting lots of 16+ rolls. Highlights: Kast's Obiwan ran up at the end of a round, and then won init the next round to move up and sweep 3 of my guys, killing them all. Boba responded by putting the last 40dmg on Mara. Later, my Rebel Commando grenaded Kast's Chewie and 2 grunts (a Stormie and a 10 hp Elite Snowie), and Kast failed all 3 saves. He kept picking off my door openers, though (Lando, Stormie x2, Stormtrooper Officer)...poor guys. Boba missed 4 times vs 4LOM, needing 6s to hit. Then my Heavy Stormtrooper hit Obiwan on the Imperial Officer's CE shot...then killed Obiwan after I won init the next round...then rolled a 20 vs 4 Lom, then next round rolled another 20 vs 4 Lom (yep, that's 60dmg prevented by being a droid)...man, that Heavy was my MVP....Eventually my MVP died to a Chewie Momentum (and cleave into Boba)...but then Chewie eventually died to a bunch of Boba shots over the next few rounds while Kast's grunts couldn't hit Boba's 24 defense in cover. If it weren't for my Heavy ST hitting all those shots, I sincerely think I would've lost. Great game, Kast!

I've gotta say: this game was a total blast to play! Kast Iron is and remains one of the most enjoyable to people to play with on Vassal. Thanks much for the game, sir!

Confirmed - it was a very close run thing, but TINT played excellently and received a well deserved win. Thanks for the epic game TINT, as always playing you was a thoroughly enjoyable experience - best of luck in the rest of the tourney!

"Commander, the GVL has begun. Execute Order 66!"

501st Tour of Duty ribbon: GVL 3.0

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:42 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

**Updated***

Trev, glad you found your squad :)

Now, just waiting on Jeff -vs- Darth Fett with Tint playing the winner.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:49 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Chabelo Jedi Hunter wrote:
Posting results from game Chabs vs Yodarulz, Chabs Wins 200-171 in a real intense game.

First of all I want to say that we played cause fool made a mistake cause Yoda beat Kast Iron in the last round but in the bracket appeared me vs Kast, but my real oponent was Yoda.

Yoda won map roll (which was the same lol ) and I picked left side cause my idea was to gain gambit in first round, so he will come to me cause of the center control, then i opened the door next to gambit zone, so yoda opened the door with boba and blated him, and then i made my first mistake by not placing Vader adyacent to boba so lost one move, but on round 2 I got a crit on Boba and killed his pilot with a sweep and like Yoda said, "It was all red" lol

I took control of the center zone with my troops (Gambit) and killed all his troops except by IG who took 40 dmg, and his Quarren assasin, with 20 hp, which finished in his upper deployment zone, and i had my comanders, quarren A and a stormie. Ehich gave me and advantage point of 182-171, when he made a mistake by opening the door with the aqualish who got blasted, giving me the win :)

Yay really was a cardiac game bro.

Good Luck on ur next matches. HOOT-HOOT

I have an odd feeling... compelling me to confirm this...

Yep, bad moves on both sides... oh well, I guess you just didn't make enough for me :P

ImageImage

"Slowly digesting the competition, one game at a time...belch"

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:15 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

its 4am and i wont be writing much 'cept to say that was tough match but heavy ST dealt serious damage, good rolls bad rolls all around nice game jeff thanks. we played on his map cloud city. end score was 228:95 when i killed ig88 which was his last piece. ig88 did lots of killin was glad to dust that gangly droid.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:20 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

***Updated***

Great job guys!