logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Cin Drallig, Jedi Protector
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:20 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Was chatting with Fool earlier and came up with this idea. The Jedi Academy set adds a ton of new Jedi, but almost all of them have anti-Melee abilities, with no anti-shooter defenses. So most of them are just going to get picked apart by the powerful Double/Twin/GMA-style shooters. So how about something like this:

Cin Drallig, Jedi Protector
Cost: ?? (I don't know, I suck at doing costs, lol. Maybe 60 something?)
HP: 110
Def: 22
Att: +14
Dmg: 20

SAs:
Unique
Melee Attack
Double Attack
Soresu Style
Draw Fire

FPs:
Force 2
Renewal 1
MOTF2
Lightsaber Reflect 3 (Force 3: When hit by a non-melee attack, this character takes no damage with a save of 6 and the attacker takes damage equal to the prevented damage; save 16)
Force Reveal (Force 2: useable on this character's turn; allied characters ignore cover when choosing targets for the rest of the round)

CE:
Followers with a Force Rating gain Lightsaber Deflect

Basically, something to really give shooters a tough time. I like the option of having to choose between either Soresu or Reflect, but wanted to make the LR3 cost prohibitive enough that you wouldn't do it on a regular basis. That would be basically for using against Critical hits, or big shots like a Princess Leia boosted shot from Han Smuggler.

I came up with the idea for Force Reveal as sort of a counter to the Stealth/Super Stealth/Cloaked stuff. However, I didn't want it to work quite like Force Sense. I think it may be a tad too powerful though, as it basically grants Super Accurate Shot to all allies. I'm trying to think of a way to tone it down some. Just need to reword it. I'd rather it allow people to shoot targets regardless of Stealth/Cloaked, but still have to follow normal targetting rules, i.e. target the closest enemy. Would at least give opponents the ability to use an Ugo for screening fodder or something. Gotta think on the wording a bit more.

I also wanted to make sure this guy was vulnerable. I mean, Anakin cut him down during the invasion of the Jedi Temple without too much effort, from what we see in ROTS. So I wanted him to be vulnerable against melee pieces. He'd still have some last ditch defense against adjacent shooters due to Reflect, but he'd be much weaker there. For instance, a piece like Mara Jade Jedi could still tear him up if she gets adjacent. She might eat 30 damage back herself due to Reflect, but again, it takes a good chunk of FPs for Cin to do that. So an opponent could wear down his FPs, then base and attack him when he has less than 3 FPs left.

Thoughts?

Post subject: Re: Cin Drallig, Jedi Protector
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:35 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Hmm...actually, I'm thinking maybe Force Reveal would be better done like this:

Force Reveal (Force 1: useable on this character's turn; choose one enemy in line of sight. For the rest of this round, allied characters may ignore cover when targetting this enemy.)

That makes it a little better. Allows you to pick a specific character, instead of revealing the entire enemy team.

I'm also thinking something like this could be cool:

Force Protection (Force 2: replaces attacks; enemies with cover may not target this character or any allied characters this round)

That would force opponents to move their pieces out into the open. I would probably take off Draw Fire if I used this Force Power though.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:07 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

I like the second set of FP's. Interesting concept.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:35 am 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

I would really like to see a piece like this. It would level the playing field a little bit. It force your opponent to come at you and when they come in you unleash your assault.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:01 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Pretty cool Idea I like him a lot. It really would make the lightsaber wielders well seem like the ones we saw in the movies and read about all the time. They just don't get shot that often which is the way i like it