logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Re: 2009 Rules Advisory Committee
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:39 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Cool, Les! I like the worn paper background, lol.

I forgot to mention that the ones I posted up were designed to fit on a 4x6 card.

I think, ultimately, I'd like to see some of the abbreviations (like Vio = Violation) spelled out, just for clarity sake. Not everybody abbreviates things the same way as everybody else, and it could be especially confusing for internationals, who may be even less familiar with English abbreviation practices. From the cards I made, it seemed pretty easy to me to fit the full wordings on without screwing up the sizing/positioning too much.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:54 pm 
Ugnaught Master!
Ugnaught Master!

Wow, I have another busy day at work, and I miss all this good stuff!
<looking at the rules card> It's a great thing that League Games at Gencon aren't DCI, or many of us would have been DQ'ed for "Randomly Deciding Winner/Loser!"

Awesome start to all of this guys! I hope everyone gets Skype soon so we can have discussions. We do need to account for different time zones for sure, but I'm sure we'll get it all figured out.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:53 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Well, I just d/l'd Skype. I, as of yet, don't have a headset or microphone. I have a 360 headset around here some where but I be darned if I can find it. Haven't used it in 6 months.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:36 am 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

Signing in here!

Name's Peter, and I live in Sweden. I'm currently one of the two international RAC members.

I'm honored to be chosen for such an important job. Thanks!

My Skype ID is salle.se

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:25 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Skype id leshippy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:25 am 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully

Skype Id is Billiv15 :)

I've added you both. If you post your name here, I will make sure you are all added.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:41 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Markedman247 wrote:
As for a resource, it would be nice to have a D/L'able Gambit Ring for the relevent maps (especially the starship that deviates from the standard format). It's easy but having that as a resource could help on initially small and growing locations that aren't familiar with the format.

It may have been tossed up but I thought it would be a good start on downloadable resources.

I think I may be much more suited for #2 on the list of locations to help with. I am much better at finding and compiling pertinent information for resources. I'll post or email more later as I am currently at work.

Is this what you were thinking?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:03 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

skype Id: Nivuahc

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:31 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

LESHIPPY wrote:
Markedman247 wrote:
As for a resource, it would be nice to have a D/L'able Gambit Ring for the relevent maps (especially the starship that deviates from the standard format). It's easy but having that as a resource could help on initially small and growing locations that aren't familiar with the format.

It may have been tossed up but I thought it would be a good start on downloadable resources.

I think I may be much more suited for #2 on the list of locations to help with. I am much better at finding and compiling pertinent information for resources. I'll post or email more later as I am currently at work.

Is this what you were thinking?

I think maybe what he's referring to would be just a simple PDF file with the 4 square ring for the two different set-ups. Something that we could make so that if people downloaded the PDF, and then went out and bought some clear transparency printer sheets, they could print it out, and then lay it right on the map and start playing. I have one like that which someone gave me a while back, but I honestly cannot remember who gave it to me. I also created some out of clear vinyl (bought at a fabric store for dirt cheap), a sharpie marker, and a ruler. But something printable would be cool.

OK, here's something I whipped up real quick.

We'd have to save it/make it available as a PDF so that people could print it precisely. The trouble with the one for the hardboard map is that it's 9 inches wide, so you have to use like 11x14 transparency or something for it, which I'm not sure if that even exists or not. That's why i built mine by hand with the clear vinyl and sharpies.

EDIT: Can always direct people to look at our Archives here as well. I try to keep the list of Official maps as up to date as I can, and each one has a blurb about whether it is official for DCI play or not. Each picture has a red outline for the gambit area on it, makes it real easy to see how the gambit zones are set up.

Another EDIT: Could actually set up the one for the hardboard map so that it prints in two halves, either on the same sheet, or on two separate sheets, then tape them together or something like that.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:39 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Darth Ted, the guy who types in ALL CAPS on WotC, made up some really nice ones. He sent me about 10 or so, maybe he could print up some more. They look very similar to the ones Aaron posted.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:51 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

That might be where the one I have came from. He may have given it to me at GenCon this past year. If I remember to, I'll try to scan it in and post it for you guys to see. We can do whatever though. I thought the little note about the PRC map was helpful, but it does clutter up the thing a little bit. One of the tricks to using those types of overlays is to find something that won't obscure the terrain lines on the map underneath. Maps like the hardboard, where there's all that rough terrain, it's easy to lose track of what squares are what if you've got the gambit thing on top of the map blocking some of the lines.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:13 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

I'm still in the process of procuring a headset. Found one at GameStop for 19 and thinking about grabbing it today. My skype ID is, shock!, Markedman247. I need to make sure that the capitalization is correct.

Thanks for the help. I may be available on Skype after the weekend.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:25 pm 
Flim
Flim

Hey guys I am checking in. My prefered email is Jameswys@hotmail.com. My skype is Jameswys. Thanks for the position Dean!

"It is the unknown we fear when we look upon death and darkness, nothing more"-- Albus Dumbledore

Proud member of the Triumvirate

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:11 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Markedman247 wrote:

Reporting in! Sorry for the delay... just found out where you guys were! :)

I feel privileged to be in such good company here and am looking forward to making my contribution. I have a player in my area that is a graphic artist and works for a design firm locally. He created the two different sized gambit scoring rings and we've used them to great success in our group. I'll see if I can get him to send me the images for this group to review.

I have Skype downloaded on my PC and am open to a call when scheduled. BTW: I changed my alias to Hye Jedi a while back on the WotC forums, but haven't changed it here. Any way to do that simply or do I need to re-register on the site?

Anyway... I'll check out that site posted for more information!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:07 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Zakar, do you have a different screenname over on the WOTC forums? I'm confused as I don't see 'Zakar Malik' anywhere on Dean's list in the first post. I have trouble keeping track of everyone's varying screennames from one forum to the others. :P

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:50 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

LoboStele wrote:
Zakar, do you have a different screenname over on the WOTC forums? I'm confused as I don't see 'Zakar Malik' anywhere on Dean's list in the first post. I have trouble keeping track of everyone's varying screennames from one forum to the others. :P

Yes, I mentioned that at the bottom of my post. I have a new screen name as of a month or so ago. Hye Jedi is the new one. I'm going to be changing it on Gamers as well... just haven't done that yet - wanted to see if there was a simple way apart from re-registering all over again.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:52 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Doh, that's what I get for not paying attention. :P

I think I can change it for you. I'll give it a shot. If I screw something up, send me a PM through the RAC site. :lol:

EDIT: Woot, looks like it worked!

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 10:27 pm 
Ugnaught Master!
Ugnaught Master!

Bump so I can find and print this out!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:55 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Location: Aboard the Exocarrier Resalute, waiting to free all SWMer's from Tyrnany
The RAC site has very little traffic from anyone, us RAC guys as well. So whats up? I hope I'm not the only one who feels a bit left out. Of course I know that's not true after a chat with a few guys a few weeks back

Member of the SWMRAC
Member of the Completed till the End and Beyond Club

Come rate my squads on Bloomilk...http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.a ... dalsiandon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:58 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Well there really hasn't been much to do. The goal of this was to help DCI venues, but we just don't get anyone really looking for that sort of help.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg