All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Darth Durge the new Dynamic Duo
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:12 am 
Name Calling Internet Bully

Durge JH 51
Darth Tyranus LotDS 49

This one will be fun. You can win the game in one init in most situations, and even when you lose it, odds are you can still pull out victory. Tyranus has to be dealt with early on, which means Durge will take little fire and can triple away safely. Once DT is down, I don't see how anyone can take out durge without luck.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

Post subject: Re: Darth Durge the new Dynamic Duo
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:22 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I've been thinking about Yoda on Kybuck and Champ Anakin as my new combo. Maybe we can play it on Vassal sometime.

Of course, my favorite DD is still Boba Merc and Darth Nihl. :)

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:30 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Hahaha, Bill, I just saw that DD a little bit ago. I realized that I hadn't even looked to see what new combinations were possible with this new set.

Durge and Tyranus LOTDS is an extremely impressive combination. You're always going to have trouble with things like Boba's Disintegration. And I think Loda might still cause some problems, but he only has so many Force Points.

The only problem I see with Yobuck and Ani CON is damage output. Anakin's Djem So will certainly be awesome against the likes of Bane or Tyranus or Loda, but you only get 80 damage from the two pieces per round (not counting Djem So). Even one failed Block save can mean that Anakin dies, not to mention that the Durge/Tyranus combo could kill Anakin by ignoring Block altogether (Lightning + Durge). Squads like Boba/Snowspeeder as well would be able to virtually ignore all of Anakin's abilities, and chew through his HP rather quickly. Yobuck/Ani will be matchup/map dependent. Should work OK overall though.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:59 am 

I still think the Dynamic Duo Rules should be expanded to either ban Boba BH, or to errata disintigration into +40 dmg. Its still unfair in a format that forces you to only use 2 figures, that you automatically will lose one to a Boba 20, with nothing you can do about it. You cannot tailor the build in this case, and with two figures, you cannot use tactics, the two ways I have always told people to counter disintegration in the past.

Anyways, yeah, nothing I can do about Disintegration other than hope Boba doesn't roll it. :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:04 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

billiv15 wrote:
I still think the Dynamic Duo Rules should be expanded to either ban Boba BH, or to errata disintigration into +40 dmg. Its still unfair in a format that forces you to only use 2 figures, that you automatically will lose one to a Boba 20, with nothing you can do about it. You cannot tailor the build in this case, and with two figures, you cannot use tactics, the two ways I have always told people to counter disintegration in the past.

Anyways, yeah, nothing I can do about Disintegration other than hope Boba doesn't roll it. :)

Did Boba BH win DD this year? Not to sound sarcastic, I honestly don't know what people played or who won. Banning it from the format has been talked about, though.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:18 am 

Grand Moff Boris wrote:
billiv15 wrote:

Did Boba BH win DD this year? Not to sound sarcastic, I honestly don't know what people played or who won. Banning it from the format has been talked about, though.

He did not. I think it was Durge and something. I didn't play so its hard to tell. In this case, I am certainly not arguing that Boba is the top dog. Its just that in this format, Boba isn't much fun for me. Personally, I really don't care that much, but I just mentioned it as a passing comment to Lobo's comment about how I would have to worry about Disintegration.

I don't believe there is a squad out there in DD that can do anything about Disintegration other than Loda and Chewy RH. Otherwise, Duh :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:41 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

billiv15 wrote:
I don't believe there is a squad out there in DD that can do anything about Disintegration other than Loda and Chewy RH. Otherwise, Duh :)

I think we need to have more DD tournaments before making a decision. Right now, we have one "official" one per year at GenCon. If and when it becomes a sanctioned format that appears in multiple venues, then yeah - BFBH might need the boot.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:46 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

We should hold Dynamic duo Tournaments on Vassal, I believe that DD Tilewars would be fun.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:20 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Luke_Skywalker wrote:
We should hold Dynamic duo Tournaments on Vassal, I believe that DD Tilewars would be fun.

We've been trying this in Cincy-

SICK

I think we may stop because of the people who we've pissed off....

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 6:43 am 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

I hate that combo

"Jackson: What's this?
Carter: This is ethylpropyl...
Jackson: Which is?
Carter: Nerve gas.
Jackson: Okay. Putting that back."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:35 pm 
Hand of the Sith
Hand of the Sith

actually DD didnt win. Mace Dash won, i went 3-1 woth Plagueis/Aurra

5 or more DD squads were there, bot the same Mace/Dash. only 3 Aurra/Plagueis and the rest i dont remember

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:49 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Check the dates. This thread goes back to last year.

That said, the GVL will feature Dynamic Duo this year ;)