logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Vassal 5-21
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 8:14 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

2-2. So 21 tournaments and still no last place. I assume i did not get last place.

Game 1 Jonnyb good. I get killed by vong. Duku makes like 15 + saves. I scored 68 points, and took out half of wicket's hp.

Game 2 shinny guy. I get killed by gungans.

Game 3 Bye. I win!

Game 4 Matt???????? gunneywars. He says good game. I win again!

CotF 41 61 Darth Sidious, Dark Lord of the Sith
CWSS 4 51 Count Dooku of Serenno
IE 34 12 Logray, Ewok Shaman
RotS 37 10 San Hill
CotF 59 3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

Post subject: Re: Vassal 5-21
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:00 am 
General
General

I finally got a chance to play in a VASSAL tournament, and there was a pretty low turnout.

My Squad:
--Gungan Artillery--
36 General Kenobi
20 Captain Tarpals
16 Queen Amidala
60 Gungan Artillerist x6
9 R2-D2, Astromech Droid
9 Ugnaught Demolitionist x3
(150pts. 13 activations)

My Map: Chancellor's Starship

First round vs. Joe (ORK_Fudgepacker)

His Squad:

--Loda--
70 Luke Skywalker and Yoda
28 Dash Rendar, Renegade Smuggler
18 Lando Calrissian, Dashing Scoundrel
14 General Rieekan
9 General Dodonna
8 R2-D2
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist
(150pts. 7 activations)

I won map, and deferred side. He set up on the top and bottom of the hallway on the left. I set up most of my pieces on the bottom right, except two Gungans and R2 on the top right. As soon as I could activate 2, I towed a Gungan up 12, Overrided the door open, then moved 8 and double Cesta'd Loda, Rieekan, and R2. Loda and R2 each failed one and Rieekan failed 2. The rest of the first round was positioning. He ran Loda up within range to Force Push R2 and a Gungan if he won init, and I think I got another double Cesta off on him.

Second round, he won init and pushed R2 and a Gungan to death, but that used all of Loda's Force points. I proceeded to Cesta him 10 times and hit a lot of them. I think Loda dropped before he could activate the 3rd round. Lando died from a Cesta hit and a Double Attack from General Kenobi. Queen Amidala killed the Ugnaught and helped the Gungans kill Dodonna. Dash ended up being mostly impotent, because I outactivated him by the time he was ready to attack, so he wasn't getting Opportunist. He needed 13s to hit a Gungan in cover. He failed his saves quickly.

Roll Report:
Shinja
Average: 9.46
Total: 13
Number >= 11: 6
Number < 11: 7

ORK_Fudgepacker
Average: 9.71
Total: 59
Number >= 11: 23
Number < 11: 36

1 - 0

Second round vs. empirejeff (0 - 1) [Paired down]

His Squad
61 Darth Sidious, Dark Lord of the Sith
51 Count Dooku of Serenno
12 Logray, Ewok Shaman
10 San Hill
15 Ugnaught Demolitionist x5

He won map, but he also had Chancellor's Starship. I deferred side and ended up on the right again. He set up all his units in the middle of the hallway on the left. I set up identically to the first time.

As soon as I could move 2, I towed a Gungan and moved 8 to get a double Cesta on Dooku, Sidious, Logray, and 3 Ugnaughts. The Gungan was just out of range for Lightning, and he didn't have any shooters, so he was safe from retribution for the round. The Gungan also opened the central door. I ran an Ugnaught 13 squares to open the other central door and continued to Cesta his clump of characters as he struggled to separate with one activation per phase. Eventually, I killed San, and he was able to position more defensively. He won the second init and killed the Gungan that was in close. I killed Logray and his remaining Ugnaughts and kept my Gungans away from his Sith. Near the beginning of the third round, he based and attacked General Kenobi with both of his Sith (Sidious critted and Dooku hit), so Kenobi was down to 40 HP. I used Force Heal on Kenobi and took the two AoOs to get away, then threw 10 Cestas at the two Sith. Dooku died and Sidious got down to 20. I won the next init and threw two more Cestas, but Sidious made both saves. Then he ran up and killed Kenobi, before I finished him off.

Roll Report:
Shinja
Average: 11.64
Total: 17
Number >= 11: 10
Number < 11: 7

empirejeff
Average: 9.62
Total: 67
Number >= 11: 33
Number < 11: 34

2 - 0

Third round vs. Strider (1 - 1) [Paired down again]

His Squad:
--Unleashed Dash--
50 Darth Vader, Unleashed
33 Emperor Palpatine on Throne
11 Admiral Ozzel
10 Jagged Fel
5 Imperial Dignitary
4 Gran Raider
(150pts. 10 activations)

I won map and he picked the left side. He set up in the top room on the left, straight back from the door, with Palpatine sitting out in the hallway in Gambit, against the central wall, but not holding the door open. I set up the same as the last two rounds.

As soon as I could, I towed up and Cesta'd a clump containing Vader, Ozzel, Dignitary, Gran, and an Ug. With 8 squares and mobile attack, the Gungan was able to mobile back out of Palpatine's lightning range. Vader gripped R2 to death. I threw 2 more Cestas at Palpatine.

Over the next two rounds, all my Gungans Cesta'd Palpatine until he died. With mobile attack, they were able to stay hidden from Dash and Vader for the most part. He eventually ran Ozzel and Jagged out to kill a Gungan in the top hallway. Vader took a lot of Cestas chasing down and killing General Kenobi, but survived because of the extra cushion from Dark Armor. Dash tried to hide, but I found enough los's on him to get him down to 10 HP. He killed some of my Ugs.

Eventually he based a non-activated full-HP Queen Amidala with Dash at 10 HP and hit 3 shots (Amidala at 40 HP), then moved Vader adjacent and attacked. He rolled a crit, so Amidala died before she could finish off Dash, and my Gungans lost Mobile. But the remaining Gungans were still able to finish off Vader's 40 HP and Dash's 10 HP for the win.

Roll Report:
Shinja
Average: 9.19
Total: 16
Number >= 11: 7
Number < 11: 9

Strider
Average: 10.94
Total: 110
Number >= 11: 59
Number < 11: 51

3 - 0

Fourth round vs. jonnyb815 (3 - 0)

His squad:
--Vong JHs 150--
21 Yuuzhan Vong Shaper
80 Yuuzhan Vong Jedi Hunter x4
19 Yomin Carr
10 Twi'lek Bodyguard
8 Wicket
3 Mouse Droid
(150pts. 12 activations)

He won map, so we played on the Transit Station. I deferred side and he set up on the left in the middle behind the central wall. I spread my forces out with 2 Gungans and an Ugnaught in the top section, 2 Gungans, R2, and an Ug in the bottom section, and the rest in the middle train car on the right.

He split up and move a Jedi Hunter, Yomin and an Ug up while the rest of his squad went down. I killed an Ugnaught in the first round and put 20 on a Jedi Hunter. Second round, I was able to find a line to a Jedi Hunter and his Shaper and I killed the Shaper. After that he kind of gave up (he was tired) and just charged me with all of his pieces. It ended up being a really effective strategy against the Gungans. He would base them with his JHs, so I had to either take a Twin AoO, or Cesta myself. The JHs took a lot of killing, because of their Crab Armor. I ended up losing 4 of my Gungans before the last JH dropped. It got silly at the end when Jonny ran a JH past 4 of my characters just trying to draw AoOs just to end the game. I wish we could have played it out for real, but I'll take the win.

Roll Report:
Shinja
Average: 10.68
Total: 32
Number >= 11: 16
Number < 11: 16

jonnyb815
Average: 10.51
Total: 94
Number >= 11: 47
Number < 11: 47

4 - 0

I really enjoyed playing this squad. I was hoping to try it against a GOWK squad, but nobody played one in the tournament. The extra 2 squares of movement from General Kenobi really helped out my Gungans (and sometimes my Ugnaughts). The were able to move far enough to get lines of sight my opponent wasn't expected, and they could mobile far enough to get out of range of retaliation. I used the extra movement on almost every move for each of my 6 Gungans in all 4 games. It was that useful.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:40 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

so you wrote down every single roll we made thats smart. from the numbers the rolls do even out in the end on vassal.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 12:46 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wow, now that is a great report Shinja! :)

Shinja, did you make a program you could dump the saved game into to give you the rolls?

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 5:56 pm 
General
General

http://www.bloomilk.com/Apps/RollAnalyzer.zip

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 1:12 pm 
General
General

I probably should put my experience up to

First game was against strider

My build was
62 Boba BH
26 =2x kel dors
36 darth sideous
15 lobot clo
3 mouse droid
2 x ugg dem

His Squad:
--Unleashed Dash--
50 Darth Vader, Unleashed
33 Emperor Palpatine on Throne
11 Admiral Ozzel
10 Jagged Fel
5 Imperial Dignitary
4 Gran Raider
(150pts. 10 activations)

Strider won the map and it was the hoth map with single building

I chose sides and took the wrong one lol(left side
wasn't paying attention to color lines thought the orange pit was a wall

As for paying attention I don't use seps much and made a mistake thinking Pawn was for any follower and its for non-uniques. So everyone remember to read your cards.

Anyway survived first round without being shot and then had good position
Well I ended up well in the lead and had vader down to 20 hps jagged fell, admiral ozzel, and palpy throne left vs my sideous 90 hps boba 10 hps, mouse , lobot 10 hps. I had palps and ozzel locked away vader where I wanted him and recon because I could see fell.

I lost init fell moved and based boba and rolled a 18 or so killing him and I and lost at end of round because strider was well over. Great Game had a lot of fun with it. Could have went either way.

2nd game was against
Joe
His Squad:

--Loda--
70 Luke Skywalker and Yoda
18 Lando Calrissian, Dashing Scoundrel
14 General Rieekan
9 General Dodonna
8 R2-D2
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist
(150pts. 7 activations)

Again I lost map roll
we ended up on starship
and I took right(should have took left)

Anyway I was able to kill r2 1st round
And Joe kept getting gambit and moving right along.I finally was able to move my kel dors and mouse forward and survived 2nd round. I managed to get the mouse in the elevator area in gambit. Lost both my kel dors and boba had taken some damage. And have gotten most of the rest of my squad into the 4 elevator area.

Joe decided to go after my mouse with loda and ended up in the same elevator in gambit. Well I did the meanest thing that could be done (I felt really bad) but it was a regional test tourney. (I apologized at the end of the game) I lock loda in and Joe had lost all his door control at this point. I managed to then kill dash and my boba ended up at 20 hps. Got positioning pretty good with boba adjacent to reikan and Lando who had 30 hps left and sideous had moved into 8 of them. I won init and fried lando and prayed that reikan would miss and whew he did and boba finished him. This put me ahead in points and Joe and I were in gambit and basically i won Point technicality. But on the light side it was the highest fp total I ever seen any piece have at end of game. Somewhere in the 40s.

I couldn't let loda out because he just needed to run up and kill boba and he would have won.

Third game was against
jonnyb815

His squad:
--Vong JHs 150--
21 Yuuzhan Vong Shaper
80 Yuuzhan Vong Jedi Hunter x4
19 Yomin Carr
10 Twi'lek Bodyguard
8 Wicket
3 Mouse Droid
(150pts. 12 activations)

I finally won map and used coruscant nightclub

Jonny set up in nightclub and I set up boba so I could shoot in
Killed his BG right off and it was a chess match from there.

Long story short we were tied with me having an activation left.
Jonny had placed a piece in gambit area and I also did.

But here is the kicker I didn't realize that there was tiebreaker rule for closer in lol
So advice number 2 make sure you read the dci rules lol

I was assuming that we would have to go another round because of the point tie.

I had to drop my fourth game against empirejeff because I hadn't made time plans for a fourth game so i apologize to jeff for not being able to play it.

But I went 1-3 with real possibility of being 3-1 with a build that shouldn't have been there against some very good players. Thanks for the Games

And again Joe I'm sorry about the locking in thing.

Khanbob42You, sir, are amazing :D