logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Vassal DCI 05/21/09
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 12:32 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

DO NOT POST THIS INFO ON WOTC. thanks
Ok there will be a vassal tournament this Thursday. start it is 6 30-645 pm central. this might be canceled if we do Vassal RPG this Thursday.

yes the vassal DCI Tournaments are back.
The tournament is on Thursday May 21st at TBA central pm
This week the tournament will be 150 point build.The rounds will be 65 min rounds. since its a weekday im doing 65 min rounds.

What do you need? vassal downloaded, All the WOTC extra DCI maps have to be downloaded to play,DCI number(if you dont have one pm me i can get you one),150 point squad made and a 150 DCI map picked out to play on. If both players have skype we would like you to use it if you have it. a headset is only 5-15 dollars. skype is a free download.

PM me your DCI numbers,squad and map choice. If you want to play the anakin,Jedi from the map pack use the anakin from ROTS name him Anakin,Jedi.

Thanks again,
jonny

Last edited by jonnyb815 on Wed May 20, 2009 4:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: getting ready for regionals
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 12:38 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Grr...will be playing at the LGS on Thursday. Might be able to play this Saturday though if you do one then. Have fun!

Post subject: Re: getting ready for regionals
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 12:51 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

I dont know if dean is running one this saturday but ill be busy thats why Im running one this Thursday. Im going to racine to talk to the owner and then Bills.

Post subject: Re: Getting Ready for Regionals(Vassal DCI 05/21/09)
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 1:22 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

yea i would love to play too but got to support the LGS. And here I have a new 150 squad to try that is not GOWK

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:14 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Awsomeness!

Gunneywars perfers later the better.

Empirejeff perfers either the earliest or the latest.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 4:30 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

630 central -645 central start

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:12 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

jonnyb815 wrote:

Alas, I cannot participate, as I'll be in a summer soccer league captains' meeting. "Where are your priorities!!!?" :ugeek:

I'm also getting kinda tired of the GOWK-150 meta. Playing nothing but GOWK and GOWK counters in order to be competitive.... :roll:

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:27 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

thereisnotry wrote:
jonnyb815 wrote:

Alas, I cannot participate, as I'll be in a summer soccer league captains' meeting. "Where are your priorities!!!?" ugeek

I'm also getting kinda tired of the GOWK-150 meta. Playing nothing but GOWK and GOWK counters in order to be competitive.... roll

You do not have to play a tire 1 squad ever time you know, :o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol: ;) :lol: :!:

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:51 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

empirejeff wrote:
thereisnotry wrote:
jonnyb815 wrote:

Alas, I cannot participate, as I'll be in a summer soccer league captains' meeting. "Where are your priorities!!!?" ugeek

I'm also getting kinda tired of the GOWK-150 meta. Playing nothing but GOWK and GOWK counters in order to be competitive.... :roll:

You do not have to play a tire 1 squad ever time you know, :o

I know you don't have to play a Tier 1 squad. In fact, the squad I played at our last tourney was Tier 2 at best (Kyle/Mara/Wedge). And in past vassal tourneys, I've never played the same squad twice, except for last year during the GPL, when I was practicing nonstop with my Gencon squad. But you do have to play a Tier 1 squad if you want to be competitive and stand a decent chance of winning. And right now that means either GOWK or anti-GOWK.

From what I've heard, in many LGSs, a good player can bring Tier 2/2.5 squads and still do really well, just by skill alone, because he may be significantly more skilled than most others at his venue. But on Vassal, we have a LOT of very highly skilled players, which means that skill alone won't do the job...squad construction (and squad matchups) play a much more significant role. And therefore, you actually do need to play Tier 1 squads at these Vassal tourneys, if you want to be competitive. And while winning isn't everything for me, I sure don't play to lose either.

And just for clarification, my frustration is not with any of the players at all. :) It's with the stale meta that GOWK creates at 150pts.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 9:19 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

thereisnotry wrote:
empirejeff wrote:
thereisnotry wrote:
jonnyb815 wrote:

You do not have to play a tire 1 squad ever time you know, :o

I know you don't have to play a Tier 1 squad. In fact, the squad I played at our last tourney was Tier 2 at best (Kyle/Mara/Wedge). And in past vassal tourneys, I've never played the same squad twice, except for last year during the GPL, when I was practicing nonstop with my Gencon squad. But you do have to play a Tier 1 squad if you want to be competitive and stand a decent chance of winning. And right now that means either GOWK or anti-GOWK.

From what I've heard, in many LGSs, a good player can bring Tier 2/2.5 squads and still do really well, just by skill alone, because he may be significantly more skilled than most others at his venue. But on Vassal, we have a LOT of very highly skilled players, which means that skill alone won't do the job...squad construction (and squad matchups) play a much more significant role. And therefore, you actually do need to play Tier 1 squads at these Vassal tourneys, if you want to be competitive. And while winning isn't everything for me, I sure don't play to lose either.

And just for clarification, my frustration is not with any of the players at all. :) It's with the stale meta that GOWK creates at 150pts.

Sweat! I play a different fraction every tournie.