logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: 150pts 4/1 @ Woodbridge VA
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:54 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

This was a unrated tourney, but we used all the regular official rules, maps, etc.

I used a version of Black and Blue

B&B Anakin

Anakin Skywalker, Sith Apprentice - 39
Thrawn - 32 (71)
Mas - 8 (79)
Nyna Calixte - 18 (97)
Kel dor BH x3 - 39 (136)
Admiral Ozzel - 11 (147)
Ug - 3 (150)

Map - Rancor Pit

Round 1 vs. ??? who was playing: Vader Scourge, Mas, Dash RS, Thrawn, Arica, Lobot CLO.

I won map, and played on the right.

We both got 1st round gambit, second round he activated out bringing dash behind the far pillar. I based dash with a Kel dor, then swapped in Anakin, raged, and killed Dash. Third round: I won the initiative, and swapped a Kel dor for Anakin. Vader used lightsaber throw to kill the swapped Kel dor. I ran up a second Kel dor and based both Arica and Vader, with Arica putting 20 damage on it by an AO. Fourth round: I lost initiative, and Vader moved away from the Kel dor, failed his dark armor on the AO and the FP re-roll and took 20 damage. I activated out, Arica moved away from the Kel dor, taking 30 damage in the process then eliminated it. I moved my last Kel dor to base Vader and put 20 on him, swapped in Anakin, and finished him off the a rage+opportunist double attack. Round Five: I won initiative, and had my opponent go first. He used Arica to twin Anakin for 20 damage (deflected one shot). I swapped in the Kel dor again, based Arica and hit her for another 30 damage. Sixth round: He moved Arica away hoping I'd miss the AO, but I didn't. Arica died and he conceeded the game.

Terps 1-0

Round 2 vs. Lorn? who was playing: GOWK, R2, Dash RS, 2x JWM, Ug.

I won map and played on the right again.

1st round gambit for both of us again. Second round: He activated out towing Dash to a spot in the top putting my Kel dor in LOS if it tried to base GOWK. Instead, I ran that Kel dor 12, swapped in a second Kel dor and ran 8 more to base both Dash and R2. Second round: I made him go first. He used R2 to tow Dash 12 back towards the safety of his squad. I then moved that Kel dor 12 to now base Dash, R2, and a JWM suffering an AO from the JWM. He activated out, and I swapped in Anakin and finished off Dash with the rage+opportunist double attack. Third round: I won and swapped the hurt Kel dor back in. He moved R2 away, then had the JWM kill the Kel dor taking 40 damage in the process. Fourth round: He towed the damaged JWM 1 square away from my Kel dor and ran up the full strength JWM 2 squares behind. I had my Kel dor take an AO and base both R2 and the damaged JWM and put 20 damage on R2. Then GOWK ran up to the covered area close to my third Kel dor. I had that Kel dor base GOWK and put 20 damage on him, then Nyna also hit for another 20. Anakin then swapped in for the 2nd Kel dor, and took out the hurt JWM. Fifth Round: I went first, and swapped Anakin for the hurt Kel dor. Obi took an AO and 20 damage, then ran into my room where my commanders were basing Anakin. My hurt Kel dor finished off R2, his unhurt JWM based the hurt Kel dor killed it and took the 40 damage. I then moved Nyna to base the JWM, and swapped in Anakin to finish him off. Sixth Round: I swapped Anakin back to base GOWK, he attacked putting 40 on Anakin, while I riposted for 30 (he failed the Sorseu and the re-roll). Anakin then smited GOWK for the win.

Terps 2-0

Round 3 vs. Kris? who was playing: Luke RC, Rebel Strike Leader, Madine, 2x Elite Rebel Commando, 2x Veteran Rebel Commando, Bith BSV, 3x mouse droid.

He won map and we played on the runined base, I took the inside.

Round One: I moved the Kel dors into cover looking down the middle, and swapped one of them adjacent to the turbolift near gambit and kept everyone else quite hidden. Second Round: He moved Luke around the bottom offices getting him into the main hallway. He activated out, and I brought a Kel dor into gambit, based Luke with the other one, swapped in Anakin and took out Luke. Round two: Swap out Anakin for a Kel dor. He moved two Elite Rebel Commandos into the hallway each taking 30 damage from AO's, my Kel dor then based both of them and killed one. He kept one VRC in gambit in the room, while one VRC and the Bith, approached from the opposite side of the hallway, using mouse droids to open doors. Nyna failed to hit any of the Mouse droids, while I kept the Kel dor in gambit. Third Round: I had my Kel dor eliminate his ERC, then the veteran/bith combo killed the Kel dor form the opposite side and used the mouse droids as a screen to approach my commanders hiding in the tiny room at the bottom. I used my 2nd Kel dor to base both the VRC and Bith and swapped in Anakin to take the Bith out. Fourth Round: With Recon, I rolled my first 6 of the tourney and brought in a Storm Commando adjacent to the two mouse droids in that hallway. Anakin went first and killed the VRC. He brought up Madine, RSL and the last VRC towards the fight, and the Storm Commando took out both mouse droids. Fifth Round: My 3rd Kel dor hit Madine, the Storm Commando based the RSL and hit him, then Anakin ran up and finished off the RSl. At that point he conceded the game.

Terps 3-0!

Since were weren't playing a real tourney there was no prize support, but we didn't have to pay either :?

I was happy though because it was the first time in a year that I got to play in VA, and my first win there, giving me Constructed Tourney wins in 4 states now (PA, MD, NJ, VA).

Post subject: Re: 150pts 4/1 @ Woodbridge VA
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:36 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Nice job! It's cool to see older pieces like Anakin SA getting dug out of the box.

I'm curious about your Storm Commando in the last game though. Your opponent had some Mouse Droids all the way back in your starting area? Or did you just swap the SC up near the Mouse Droids? Either way, sounds like you had the game pretty easily won at that point anyways. Nice work!

The only suggestion I might add would be to sub out one of the Kel Dors for some more swap fodder/door control. 1 Ugnaught can be asking for trouble in some situations, and having a couple Gran Raiders would give you some more stuff to swap with. I like the Kel Dor's with Opportunist though!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:21 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Anakin SA is perfect for this squad as almost any Vader would be too expensive. At 200pts, I'd probably add in Antres Draco (for another swapper), Lobot CLO, and switch the Ugnaught for a Camasi Noble to have an extra SS shooter.

He was using the two mouse droids as an advance (3-4 squares) screen for the Bith and VRC so he had advanced the mouse droids about 6 away from my commanders between those prison cells. I dropped the SC in my starting area and had LOS to both mouse droids.

Yeah I agree, having no door control was very risky, but in this case it worked out. I don't think my squad is meta for that reason 1st and other smaller reasons, but in most games it can be deadly as I explained.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:16 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

the first game is not a 150 squad?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:32 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Heh, true, I didn't think to add it up. Looks like 170ish (quick, rough count)?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:36 pm 
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle

It's 168...