Post subject: IE Mini-FAQ
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:53 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Imperial Entanglements' Mini-FAQ

Nick Name wrote:
Commander Effects

Emperor Palpatine on Throne
Q: Can a character without a Force rating spend this character's Force points?
A: Yes.

Jabba the Hutt
Q: Does Jabba's commander effect refer to characters with the Bounty Hunter ability, or Bounty Hunter in their name, or both?
A: The Bounty Hunter ability only.

Mercenary Commander
Q: When a character with Mercenary gains Furious Assault, can he use it if he starts in a square where he can make an attack?
A: No. The character would only be able to use Furious Assault when the Mercenary restriction is not applicable.

Moff Jerjerrod
Q: Would this effect stack with Baron Fel's commander effect, or Battle Meditation, or Control Minds?
A: Yes to Baron Fel's effect; it modifies the combined fire rule rather than directly affecting a statistic. Yes to Battle Meditation; it specifically says it stacks with such abilities. No to Control Minds; it creates another direct bonus to a statistic from a commander effect.

Xizor
Q: Does Xizor's commander effect refer to characters with the Black Sun ability, Black Sun in their name, or both?
A: The Black Sun ability only.

Special Abilities

Pathfinder
Q: Does Pathfinder affect characters within six, or terrain squares within six?
A: Terrain squares. A large or bigger character could conceivably be within six squares but still slowed by terrain further away.

Q: Does Pathfinder affect low objects also?
A: No.

Relay Orders
Q: Does Relay Orders work with commander effects that affect adjacent characters?
A: No. It only works when a range is specified.

Q: Is a character with Relay Orders affected by Disruptive?
A: No. Disruptive only affects the commander or the character receiving the effect. Note that if the commander is in range of Disruptive, his commander effect is completely shut down even for a character within range of Relay Orders unaffected by Disruptive.

Q: Is the character with Relay Orders affected itself by commander effects?
A: No. But if you had two characters with Relay Orders each could potentially affect the other.

Savage
Q: Can a savage character use an ability that replaces turn if doing so would prevent him from moving adjacent to an enemy?

Q: Can a savage character who starts adjacent to enemies use an ability that replaces turn if it will result in moving all those enemies away, like Force Push 5 for example?

Speed 0
Q: Can a character with Speed 0 board a transport like the Troop Cart?
A: Not on its normal move on its turn. You must move at least 1 square to end a move and qualify to board.

Force Powers

Levitation 1
Q: How is the movement from Levitation carried out? Can the character go anywhere on the map? Through walls? Through enemy characters?
A: The affected character may take any desired path, one space at a time, through squares that are within 6 squares of the character with Levitation. Other characters and terrain are ignored but the character may not cross through walls.

Q: Can you use Levitation to drop an allied character into a pit square?

Q: Would Levitation movement trigger Mines?

Q: Can Levitation be used to board an ally onto a transport like the Troop Cart?
A: Not directly. The only way to board a transport is to end a move in a square adjacent to it. Levitation is movement, so it can achieve that proper method without actually moving the character onto the transport.

Q: Could Levitation be used to move a character into range of Ysalamiri?

Lightsaber Reflect
Q: Does Lightsaber Reflect on Darth Vader Legacy of the Force really reflect all damage back at the attacker, and if so, is this retroactive to older characters with Lightsaber Reflect?
A: Yes, it reflects all damage, but no it is not retroactive to older characters at this time.

Post subject: Re: IE Mini-FAQ
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:15 am 
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle

Thanks, can't believe I forgot to post this! I even commented in the original one, lol...

NN just added in Savage (he swears Jawas stole it, and I think they did, crafty suckers they are!) so I edited the main post to add it in...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:40 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

*Sigh* I know NN works hard, but geeze, "...not retroactive to older characters at this time." ? Really? Couldn't get an answer for this in the month leading up to release? Honestly, I don't know why Rob makes things so difficult for himself. Was "Greater Lightsaber Reflect", or "Master Lightsaber Reflect" or "Lightsaber Reflect 2" not a simple enough solution? If you want Vader's Reflect to be different, fine, but for crying out loud, this game is difficult enough to learn let alone teach to new players without this crap happening.

Same thing with Jabba's CE, and Xixor's CE. Nym has an excellent format for a CE of this 'intent'. With the current wording of Jabba and Xixor's CE's, we'll need to have a specific FAQ entry for each (future) one because of the ambiguity.

Jabba's CE: Followers with Bounty Hunter get +2 Attack.
Xixor's CE: Allies with Balck Sun within 6 squares get +4 Attack and +10 Damage.

How easy of an edit is that? Keeps it consistent and IMO far less ambiguous.

Everything else is good and straightforward.

I apologize for my frustration, I ordered a case of IE from Miniature Market, but because I also pre-ordered all three map packs, they said they aren't going to ship until the order can be filled... ie. August... :cry:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:01 am 

Gemini, is there a way you can get your order separated? I'm sure you'll have to pay extra shipping, but at least you won't have to wait 4-5 months to get it =o/

But one thing to note RE: Lightsaber Reflect, IIRC NN doesn't get the set ahead of time (and if he does then I definitely didn't remember correctly, lol). So he doesn't have the cards to see what is different with them, and no one paid attention until the week of release that Lightsaber Reflect was different. So that's an honest mistake I'm fine with. Either way, to change the old Lightsaber Reflects it would have to be Errata'd.

I do agree with Xizor and Jabba, that should definitely be fixed ASAP. I was so excited to try Xizor with TBSV only to have my hope crushed. Now I think Xizor is just a waste of space in my collection, lol. Only time I use the AA is with Ithorian Commander and Han STA, which right there gives me just 6 pts more than Xizor but gives the AA a huge boost in the form of Charging Fire. So, yeah, not gonna be using Xizor unlessed forced to (Release Tourneys, etc). If it is changed to allow BBSV and TBSV then I'll definitely pull out Xizor for some fun, but until then...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:07 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

jedispyder wrote:
Gemini, is there a way you can get your order separated? I'm sure you'll have to pay extra shipping, but at least you won't have to wait 4-5 months to get it =o/

But one thing to note RE: Lightsaber Reflect, IIRC NN doesn't get the set ahead of time (and if he does then I definitely didn't remember correctly, lol). So he doesn't have the cards to see what is different with them, and no one paid attention until the week of release that Lightsaber Reflect was different. So that's an honest mistake I'm fine with. Either way, to change the old Lightsaber Reflects it would have to be Errata'd.

I do agree with Xizor and Jabba, that should definitely be fixed ASAP. I was so excited to try Xizor with TBSV only to have my hope crushed. Now I think Xizor is just a waste of space in my collection, lol. Only time I use the AA is with Ithorian Commander and Han STA, which right there gives me just 6 pts more than Xizor but gives the AA a huge boost in the form of Charging Fire. So, yeah, not gonna be using Xizor unlessed forced to (Release Tourneys, etc). If it is changed to allow BBSV and TBSV then I'll definitely pull out Xizor for some fun, but until then...

Yeah, the Lighstaber Reflect thing is more a Rob/editing process thing that needs to get straightened out.

I sent an email to MM asking if they could hold the map packs and send me the rest now, cause I'm buying a case of JA in the summer and I won't care if I have to wait till Aug to get it. Haven't gotten back to me yet.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:14 pm 

Yeah, MM isn't really being very communicative recently. At the beginning of March I sent them a list of minis I'm willing to sell to them and they still haven't gotten back to me. About a week after I sent my list they did make an announcement they weren't accepting any new lists, but mine shoulda gotten in with enough time...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:21 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Woah, that's weird Chris, because I got an email yesterday from MM with my credit for the minis I sold to them, and I sent mine in after yours.

Everything on the FAQ makes sense to me except for the Jabba/Xizor crap. I'm about 90% sure NN's going to get over-ruled on that one. I even read through some of the thread on WOTC and I can't for the life of me figure out what NN's actual reasoning is in ruling it the way he has at this point. Whatever. Using Leia BH with Jabba won't be that common, and outside of pairing Xizor with BBSV's or TBSV's, I don't see using him much either. Perhaps a squad here or there that would be competitive with those types of builds, but I don't expect it to effect top-tier play like GenCon anyway, so I guess it doesn't bother me too much at the moment.

It does make Xizor nearly useless in Sealed though. At least if you had pulled a TBSV in your sealed game, then it'd be a really nice pair with Xizor.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:31 pm 

You already got a response? Ugh, that definitely sucks =o/

And we can always make it a "house rule" that Xizor works on BBSV and TBSV....