logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: Re: Dennis/Boris's Game thread!!!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:46 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I'm sorry guys, I have not been at home very much since the power went out. What little time I am at home has been spent cleaning up the yard and preparing for today's event of turning our water back on.

Our power was out for eight days. On the last day of the outage (last Tuesday), as some of you know, the temperature dropped into the teens during the day, and reached as low as 4 degrees (I heard the wind chill factor made it 10 below), and as a result our water pipes in our bathroom froze. We had to have the water turned off and we packed up and left. We even took the cats with us, because we had no way to heat the house that night (the temp on the thermostat with the kerosene heater running was 36).

The power came back on at my house the following afternoon, but we couldn't get a plumber to come out because a lot of people had busted water pipes and all the plumbers in the area had waiting lists of people who needed help. We were told it would be a week before anyone could get to us, and even then they would only come after we knew there was damage, which meant turning the water back on.

However, the temp remained in the 30's throughout the week, and so we had to wait until it was warm enough to thaw the water lines before we could turn the water back on, which really was Sunday, but we had something else we had to do that day.

Monday and Tuesday we both had to work, and yesterday we got hit with a wind storm. Winds were traveling at close to 60 mph, according to weather reports.

So we are going to try again today, but if the pipes burst, then it may be another week before we move back into the house.

I know that means delaying the game, and I apologize. I will let everyone know when things are back to normal. Trust me, I would much rather being RPGing on Skype than stressing over possible water damage to my house.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:54 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Well this pales in comparison to what others are dealing with, but we turned the water back on at the house yesterday afternoon.

It came pouring out over our living room bookcase....

So of course we immediately shut it off again and started making long-term preparations. The busted pipes are inside the wall leading to the bathroom sink upstairs (about 40 feet up).

I'm hoping to have it fixed by the end of next week, but I don't know yet how long something like that takes or when we will get someone to do the work.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:38 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

dnemiller wrote:
dennis have you filed a claim???

Have they done anything with you Additional Living Expenses??? I had not heard you say anything about that.

I talked to my insurance agent today, and he was filing a claim for me. He said that because we had turned our water off and there was no real damage, he didn't know if they would pay anything.

They apparently won't pay for the replacement of the pipes, just whatever damage is caused by flooding. But there was no flooding because we turned the water off.

Plus our deductible is a little higher than most people's, so I'm not sure we will reach it, even with ALEs. (We will come damn close, though.)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:55 pm 
Name Calling Internet Bully

Any chance of a game tomorrow night Dennis?

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:25 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

No, I'm sorry, not tomorrow. I'm hoping for next Wednesday, though.

If you guys want to play, don't feel like you have to wait for me. Maybe Brian or Dean can run something. :D

Trust me, no one wants to play more than I do.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:23 pm 

Grand Moff Boris wrote:

If you guys want to play, don't feel like you have to wait for me. Maybe Brian or Dean can run something. :D

Its all good man, I was assuming since we didn't hear otherwise, it was a no go, and I totally understand. You are worth waiting for, so just keep us updated on next week!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:25 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

billiv15 wrote:
Grand Moff Boris wrote:

Its all good man, I was assuming since we didn't hear otherwise, it was a no go, and I totally understand. You are worth waiting for, so just keep us updated on next week!

Billiv15 is correct.

(In other words, I second what Bill said. No pressure at all, just curiosity and anticipation.)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:25 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

billiv15 wrote:
Grand Moff Boris wrote:

Thanks guys, I will. A plumber is supposed to call me today to come by the house.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:03 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Just to update...

I probably won't be able to game tomorrow. Maybe Thursday, if you guys want. It just depends on if my water pipes get fixed tomorrow or not.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:25 pm 

I can't on Wed either, its Ash Wed, I'll be at the church. Same deal next Wed as well (until 9:30 or so) with a meeting. I could do something thur night both weeks though.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:01 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

So lads, are we on for tonight? I assume a 8:00 PM CST (9PM EDT) start, correct?

Anyway, I'll be on Vassal at that time (or shortly thereafter) tonight. I hope to see you all there! :maul:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:05 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Well probably not, after all.

The plumber was supposed to come yesterday to fix my water pipes but was a no-show, which means I won't be at the house tonight. Sorry.

I've been calling him but he hasn't returned a single call yet.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:23 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Yeah, I'd imagine he's probably really busy. Anyway, I hope things return to normal for you soon. All the best to you until then!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:01 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

thereisnotry wrote:
Yeah, I'd imagine he's probably really busy.

A phone call takes 1 minute.

I'm kind of pissed about this because I've had plumbing work done before, and have been told that emergency work at other sites would get priority since mine wasn't an emergency at those times.

Now I'm the emergency and I can't even get the guy to return a dankferrik phone call. ~DSBoom

Sorry, that comment made me snap.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:07 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

No RPG for me this week guys, sorry. My plumber went totally AWOL and we are having to find a new one today.

I'll let you know what happens.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:33 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Well, we found a plumbing crew completely by happenstance Friday night and they came to work this morning. By the end of the day tomorrow, our house should be liveable again - I hope.

So odds are very good that we can do an RPG session this Wednesday if anyone wants.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:55 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

I'm in! I'll be there at 8:00pm CST (9:00pm EDT), or shortly thereafter.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:45 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Hey guys.

I'm going to be about 30 minutes late. Something came up very last minute, but it shouldn't take too long.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:25 pm 

Nice session fellas - Recap, Dean and Bill get 7 darkside points for doing exactly what their characters would do, and Matt gets 0 for being a Wuss :)

Can't wait for the bonus XP, as Dean and I cleaned house tonight taking down a Jedi Master, her apprentice, a few droids and some random scrub guards@!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:26 am 
Ugnaught Master!
Ugnaught Master!

As an observer, all I can say is . . . controlled chaos. It was so funny. Dean and Bill both just want to kill now, ask questions later. It was hilarious! Good fun watching you guys!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next