logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Re: Camasi noble
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:10 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Boba52 wrote:
Check out Diplomat in the Archives and that may help... or hurt you. :lol: Basically it is saying if the active character only has LOS to the character with Diplomat and no one else in your squad has LOS to that character than you can target it as normal.

To sum up the Caamasi Noble, you can kill them as long as there are no witnesses.
That's simplifies things.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:21 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Markedman247 wrote:
Boba52 wrote:
Check out Diplomat in the Archives and that may help... or hurt you. :lol: Basically it is saying if the active character only has LOS to the character with Diplomat and no one else in your squad has LOS to that character than you can target it as normal.

To sum up the Caamasi Noble, you can kill them as long as there are no witnesses.
That's simplifies things.

no witnesses from either side (friend or foe) correct?

this is one very confusing ability for a newb.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:23 am 
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle

GamerAtom wrote:
no witnesses from either side (friend or foe) correct?

this is one very confusing ability for a newb.

Only foes. Think of it this way, your friends are all trying to kill him as well, so they're goading you on. The Noble's friends are all just sitting there chatting, and when you pick them off one by one and leaving just the Noble in LoS, its go time. His friends won't be as shocked when you kill him cause no one can see it. Just blame his death on tainted tea ;)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:45 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

hrm.. thanks Jedispyder.. i got denied killing this noble in a game last night when i he was the only "enemy" character in her LOS in a game last night.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:55 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

LOL, nice description Chris.

Just remember, the key is that the enemy Diplomat has to be the ONLY enemy that you have LOS to.

Your opponent's whole team may be able to see the Diplomat, but as long as none of them can see your piece that is shooting, then you are OK.

Hmmm.....perhaps some pictures would help?

OK, in this first one, the Stormtrooper can target the Caamasi (shown by green line) because the Stormtrooper does not have LOS to ANY of the Rebel troopers (shown by red lines). Notice, that all of the Rebel Troopers do have LOS to the Caamasi, so you can see how that doesn't factor into the situation.

Again, the Stormtrooper does not have LOS to any of the Rebel Troopers, so he can still target the Caamasi.

In this last example, the two upper Stormtroopers both have LOS to at least one Rebel Trooper (shown by the green lines), so therefore, they cannot target the Caamasi (red lines). The lower trooper does not have LOS to any of the Rebel Troopers (red lines), so therefore, he can target the Caamasi.

I know the red/green lines can be a bit messy, but hopefully that helps.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:23 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

gameratom you had los to my shield gungan and my ewok where ever mara went you had los to someone other than the noble. if you backed up the ewok had los to mara if you moved forward you had los to the gungan. i moved denar to shoot mara after mara went that put her at 10 hp. i think you might of been able to kill the noble with mara if you won init. i dont see where i played it wrong. you dont go from corner to corner when you do los. you can go from any point on that square to any point on the other square(outside only) i think thats why you thought mara could shoot the noble. if your on vassal tonight ill show you.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:18 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Ok, I get the targeting of the Diplomat rules. Here's my question...

You have your Diplomat out there and one or more non-Diplomats somewhere behind him/her, your opponent has LOS to one or more of your non-Diplomats so he/she cannot target your Diplomat. Can he/she target your non-Diplomats? As I understood it, unless the attacker has Accurate, Vader's Lightsaber Throw, or the Holo Veers attack (i.e. attacks that ignore cover or closest target targeting rules) you could not attack anyone.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:30 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Skywalker2B wrote:
Ok, I get the targeting of the Diplomat rules. Here's my question...

You have your Diplomat out there and one or more non-Diplomats somewhere behind him/her, your opponent has LOS to one or more of your non-Diplomats so he/she cannot target your Diplomat. Can he/she target your non-Diplomats? As I understood it, unless the attacker has Accurate, Vader's Lightsaber Throw, or the Holo Veers attack (i.e. attacks that ignore cover or closest target targeting rules) you could not attack anyone.

You need to re-read the full definition of Diplomat. The full definition specifically states that the Diplomat does not count as a legal target AND it does not count as the nearest enemy. So, if there is a non-Diplomat behind the Caamasi Noble, then you can target them normally, as if the Caamasi isn't even on the board (except of course, if the Diplomat is providing cover to said target). Interactions with Stealth/'super' Stealth is where it gets really tricky about who you can/can't target, but for the most part, you just act like the Caamasi isn't there.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:43 pm 
General
General

I think the easiest way to think of it is to treat the Noble as a green outlined square when an ally is in LoS. Except you can't move through it.

{11111111011][7777777777777777777777777777777
<(HHHHHQXX)=(77777777777777777777777777777777