logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: SW Minis Skirmish MOD - Is There a Way to Prelist Squads?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:21 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

I've just installed Vassal again and I noted in the SWM Skirmish mod that you can list squads in a form. Since time for playing online is tight for me, I'd really like to be able to build a list of squads before a match is started.
Is there a way to have squads already listed at the start of an online match such that both players can view them?

Post subject: Re: SW Minis Skirmish MOD - Is There a Way to Prelist Squads?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:39 am 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully

The easiest way to do it, is to have Bloomilk open and click on the link to your squads. Then you can use the copy/paste box that Shinja provided, and hit control V into the chat window on Vassal to paste it in quickly.

There is no way in the Vassal mod to do so, as it is not a storage site. You can also copy and paste them into the squad box function yourself in about the same amount of time, I just usually do it right into the main chat window.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:24 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

billiv15 wrote:
The easiest way to do it, is to have Bloomilk open and click on the link to your squads. Then you can use the copy/paste box that Shinja provided, and hit control V into the chat window on Vassal to paste it in quickly.

There is no way in the Vassal mod to do so, as it is not a storage site. You can also copy and paste them into the squad box function yourself in about the same amount of time, I just usually do it right into the main chat window.

Hey that's cool, I wasn't aware that Bloo Milk had that feature. I was hoping SW Mini Manager would have something like that too, but I haven't been able to find anything in the Squad View function. I haven't updated my Bloo Milk profile in a while, so I've got some work cut out for me. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:47 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Sigh...since my 1st post I've noticed there's a 'copy to clipboard' feature in the SW Mini Manager squad viewer. :oops: I'll just be copying and pasting my already built squads from SW MM from now on. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:29 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

That works too, except that the 'copy to clipboard' thing brings a ton of extra information with it, like HP, Def, Commander Effects, etc. The nice thing about Bloo Milk's copy feature is that it only shows the character's name and cost, so it makes it nice and clean for copying into Vassal. Either works though, so whatever's easiest for you. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:51 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

LoboStele wrote:
That works too, except that the 'copy to clipboard' thing brings a ton of extra information with it, like HP, Def, Commander Effects, etc. The nice thing about Bloo Milk's copy feature is that it only shows the character's name and cost, so it makes it nice and clean for copying into Vassal. Either works though, so whatever's easiest for you. ;)

Yup, I noticed all the extra info when using the MM copy to clipboard feature. I also noticed that the columns get skewed a bit when you paste them into Vassal, but with a bit of experimenting I found that I could reformat them fairly quickly on the fly. I actually quite like the extra info because it saves the trouble of alt+tabbing out to SW Mini Manager for specific figure details.