logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: NEED A LITTLE HELP!!!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:41 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

I'll probably be seeing a lot of Gen Greivois DAC at tonite's event at 200 pts. Aside from SS, cloaked Mandos, and possibly Loda, what would be some good counters to the IG Droids with a ridiculously high attack value and defense?

Post subject: Re: NEED A LITTLE HELP!!!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:04 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Moved to a better area.

Against the IG droids a good counter is your own GG DAC with a pawned Lancer double strafing for 80 dam. This gives you one miss to work with.

Otherwise if it is just hate you can always go with Exar transferring into some Kel-Dors. ~DSBoom Kel-Dors are nice anti lancer pieces as well.

Mobile guys with evade are always nice. Boba MC still needs 9's with cunning but can take one out each round and if he misses can retreat to safety.

Just some ideas

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:08 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

REPOST

The lancers have melee, use figs that have Repost
Anakin CON
JWM
Mace Windu

aside from that-
Disruptive squelch their CE bonus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:30 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

My personal favorite for dealing with GGDAC and any Droids following him around is this squad right here:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/ViewSqua ... adID=16478

Alternately, you can drop Han Smuggler and Jaina to run Han Galactic Hero and an Ugo instead. Dodonna helps you keep from being TOO out-activated (though this is still tough against a San Hill/GGDAC squad). Good positioning with Kyle will keep your opponent from using an IG Lancer Droid to Strafe you. In addition, Kyle's Riposte (like Madman pointed out) is incredibly useful against the Lancer. Against the IG-86 Droids, you use Mara's Stealth to help her advance, and then use Luke Force Spirit with Kyle to give him Mettle on his Evade Rolls.

I've also looked at running a version of the squad that uses Shado Vao instead of Han/Jaina, because with MOTF 2, Shado can do Riposte AND Precision together. Then if you pair Kyle and Shado, they can Riposte for a total of 50 damage, killing any Lancer instantly (well, pending semi-decent rolling). Shado also makes a pretty decent piece for leading the charge against IG-86's as well, if you pair him with Luke FS, since he will get Evade, plus 2 FP re-rolls with Mettle.

I've had great success with the squad in the link above, and have beat a couple of GGDAC squads with it, as well as a Mando squad, and a couple others (can't remember exactly off the top of my head). I did run it with Han GH though, and it is undefeated so far.