logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: New Errata Updates: KotOR, TFU, S&V
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:47 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

I know this forum isn't very active however as of Jan. 8, the following books have Errata & Clarifications:
Knights of the Old Republic
The Force Unleashed
Scum and Villiany

That is all.

Post subject: Re: New Errata Updates: KotOR, TFU, S&V
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:11 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Very cool, and thanks for the update! I had never looked at any of the errata until just a couple days ago. I didn't notice anything completely game-changing with the Feats/Skills/etc. that I'd been using, but a lot of it was interesting stuff to see.

And I wish this section was more active. :(

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:53 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

As do I, old bean. I am trying to learn the play the game so I can run it (too indians not enough chiefs here). So I thought I would toss that out there.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:09 pm 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

I'm starting a game this week with some friends. We're just going to start the Dawn of Defiance campaign. I really like the Saga system just from reading it. We'll have to see how well it works in practice, but I have high hopes everyone will enjoy it.

Totengraber

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:35 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

LoboStele wrote:
And I wish this section was more active. :(

Me too. I'd love to see a couple more GMs come in here and do PbP.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:37 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I'm still down for the Play by Post stuff, as it's easy for me to chime in on it throughout the day while at work, or to quickly sit down for a few minutes in the evening and check on it. Doing the 3-4 hour live sessions is tougher because I have to either make sure my wife is involved, or get permission to abandon her for those periods, lol.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:25 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

LoboStele wrote:
I'm still down for the Play by Post stuff, as it's easy for me to chime in on it throughout the day while at work, or to quickly sit down for a few minutes in the evening and check on it. Doing the 3-4 hour live sessions is tougher because I have to either make sure my wife is involved, or get permission to abandon her for those periods, lol.

Does she play RPG?

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:58 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

I'd love to chime in on this but I am still very inexperienced with this system. I got a great story (actually two that kind of span two seperate eras) that if I could just figure out the bloody system without thinking in terms of my old paradigms, which is ie: unlearn what you have learned, I could work it out.

Its ironic to competely eschew DnD but to have to work with this system.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:48 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Grand Moff Boris wrote:
Does she play RPG?

Yeah, it's kind of funny actually. About the time our PbP was starting to wind down, some friends of hers from work invited her to try out their D&D 3.5 group. It was on a night I couldn't attend, but she's connected well with these few people at work, so she decided to hang out with them, and had a lot of fun with it. Since then, that group has switched nights, so now I play with them when I can, and the GM for that group loves trying out all sorts of different things, so if there's times when the whole D&D group can't meet up, we've been playing around with other RPG systems, like some Mutants thing, and now he's wanting to try Star Wars.

And then I talked her into playing in the Dawn of Defiance campaign that Lackey started a couple months ago. She's not super-interested in the technical/strategy side of things, and only moderately interested in the combat, but she definitely enjoys the creative/story-telling/role-playing aspects. So, she's learning. ;)

Markedman247 wrote:
I'd love to chime in on this but I am still very inexperienced with this system. I got a great story (actually two that kind of span two seperate eras) that if I could just figure out the bloody system without thinking in terms of my old paradigms, which is ie: unlearn what you have learned, I could work it out.

Its ironic to competely eschew DnD but to have to work with this system.

What in particular are you having trouble with? Personally, I'd never really played either D&D or SWRPG until the last year or so. The way I look at it, the SW system is basically just miniatures, but with D20 rolls outside of the combat scenarios for skill checks and things like that. If you're having specific trouble with anything, start up a thread, and we can try to walk you through it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:58 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

LoboStele wrote:
What in particular are you having trouble with? Personally, I'd never really played either D&D or SWRPG until the last year or so. The way I look at it, the SW system is basically just miniatures, but with D20 rolls outside of the combat scenarios for skill checks and things like that. If you're having specific trouble with anything, start up a thread, and we can try to walk you through it.

Its mostly just wrapping my mind around the terminology vs the miniatures. Seeing "Cunning Attack" feat and realizing that "flat-footed" kind of means the same thing as "unactivated" but not quite. Trying to accept levels when I am used to games that people progress without levels. Not being indoctrinated and having to learn without play testing or actively watching and interacting is difficult with me. I am the "learn by doing"-type of person. Its how I learned SWM. After learning the nuances, I went back and read the rules and it all worked out. But just picking up the book and reading it wasn't nearly as much help. I have to go straight to practice before I even attempt to digest theory.

But, I adamantly refuse to play D&D just to learn the system. I am not fond of that setting. Its not to say that there is anything wrong with D&D but it doesn't appeal to me in the slightest. I grew up hard core Sci-Fi watching Star Trek, Buck Rodgers (featuring Gary Coleman), Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, reruns of Dr. Who, and even the alternative history of Wild,Wild West (hence my partiality to a game called "Deadlands") but never was a fan of fantasy. Even caught that dreadful movie "Star Crash" with David Hasselhoff but that didn't deter me from enjoying the sci-fi genre.

But that's just me.