PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:29 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

--Ancestor's Blessing--

Cade Skywalker 61 pts.
Padme Amidala, Senator 23 pts.
R2-Doombot 9 pts.
Ugnught demo.x2 6 pts.

Move R2 to let cade make his 4 attacks and desrtoy your enemy from range. Uggies and meatshields will die quickly if they are being utalized. Padme grants another twin attack, granting +4 for the first attack. R2 packs override, and the uggs are activations.

In general, between padme and cade, this squad can dish out 140 damage in 2 activations, which is pretty good in 100 pts. Cade's attack can go all the way up to 20, so it's nothing to laugh at. Also, he can heal/push in case bane or whoever gets too close.

Overall, I think it's a very tough squad to deal with. It has a lot of damage potential, healing, force push, and it is also very mobile. I think it's somthing to contend with at 100.

http://www.swshoebox.com/userSquad.cfm?user=sirstevee

Post subject: Re: Ancestor's Blessing
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:44 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I like it. Looks like fun to try sometime for sure. Cade's ability to pour out the damage has always made him a top contender at 100 points, IMO. Previous good options with him were the Bothan Noble, but then you had no easy access to a movement breaker like R2-Astromech. So Padme Senator certainly brings him back to the table. I like this a lot. It's possible to drop Bane in 2 rounds, even with a couple missed shots here and there. Statistically, with FP to re-roll, it should never take more than 2 rounds to kill Bane. With R2's 12-square Tow, makes it easy to pound Bane, then play keep away, especially since Bane also needs 2 rounds to kill Cade, without a Crit anyways.

I think the biggest hindrance will be the Uggy shield. If Bane stays hidden well, and can force you to shoot the Ugos, you could waste a lot of shooting opportunities. Although, you should be able to kill at least 2 Ugos a round, possibly 4 depending on how exposed the are left.

As for other builds though....Han Cannon could be an issue. One lost init and R2 is gone and Cade is left stranded in the open. Or for that matter, Cade is gone with one lost init. It could go the other way though too, since Cade can wipe Han out with one set of Double/Twin attacks.

One of my favorite squads (Mara, Garm, Ugos, with Bothan and Rauntaun for reinforcements) could also be problematic, with Mara's Stealth keeping Cade at arm's length. The Rauntaun would tip the scales in the all important 'crucial initiative'.

Boba MC and Scouts could be plain irritating as well, though likely not as much of a problem overall, as long as Cade can tow in at the right time to knock out a key piece or two.

As with a lot of 100 point builds, this one rests on the ability to keep your single big piece alive. Once Cade goes down, it's game over.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:29 pm 
Ugnaught Master!
Ugnaught Master!

I used this exact squad tonight, before I ever saw this.

Um, well, it destroyed everything in sight. Yeah, like Lobo said, it has weaknesses, but I didn't encounter any at all. It was a crazy night of second/third round victories all night. However, I coined another name for it that I like better: "Grandma's Boy!"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:30 pm 
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle

Lobo pulled this out on us 2 weeks ago at YQ and had some fun. He ended up 2-1, with only me defeating him due to freakish luck. I wanted just a fun squad so I tried Boba BH, WEW, Rakghoul, and Uggie. I sacrificed the WEW to take out Doombot and had fun sicking my Rak on his Uggies. In the end it was Cade & Padme against Boba BH. Boba made about 10 Evade saves in a row, taking damage from Splash a couple of times but always making sure Cade couldn't get adjacent. Unbelievable! In the end I was able to get enough damage to take out Cade and even though it was over time-wise by then we still played though, with his Padme getting adjacent to avoid Evade and she still missed me, lol. It is definitely a tough squad to go against, I wouldn't mind trying it one time or another. I can't see anyway to "twist" it, so I'd have to play the exact squad which I usually avoid...now I'm just ranting, yay?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:01 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

I ran a similar concept at 150.
I called it 4 man Fury
General Windu
Cade Skywalker
Doombot
Mas Ameeda

And it destroyed everything in sight. Not that it is a top-tier 150 pt squad, or that it ever was, but it has a huge movement breaker and a lot of Damage output

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:01 am 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

I played against that Cade/Padme squad twice the other day and I won both times.

I used my current "pet squad" of Rex/R2/JWMx2/Uggiesx2.

My opponent tends to play cautiously, so in the first game I charged Cade and beat him up with multiple attacks by everybody. Cade missed A LOT of his Splash saves.

The second game I focused on taking out Padme and R2 first by using my R2 to position Rex. I then ran up the JWMs to beat the snot out of Cade, while standing back and popping him with Rex. Again, Cade kept missing his Splash saves.

Like Lobo said, I used the Ugs as shields. I also took advantage of the JWM's non-unique status and Duelist SA by basing Cade, so he had a hard time hitting. And that Splash was a real killer for him.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:06 pm 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

I played this 6 weeks ago at my LGS's last 100 point tourny. Only squad I had trouble against was a Republic Rex squad.